ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my mk1 eunos!

LY R26
well after being recommended them i went and took the plunge!

i sold my fiesta yesterday afternoon and went to aberdeen to pick her up. she needs a bit of work but its all part of the fun isnt it! its just the body work that needs it though.

i only have the pics from the add atm but will get more soon.

so spec as she is just now:

coilovers
apexi induction kit
s/s catback, dont know the make but very loud
some horrid rotas that will be coming off soon
a spare set of wheels which i think are watanabes but not 100% sure
garage vary front lip
dished sparco steering wheel
drift handbrake button
and she is the 1.6 eunos.

pics:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

You could fit three Christophers in that exhaust!

Still don't get these. But I've never driven one so I am in no place to comment. Just couldn't live with something so... lacking!

LY R26
i paid next to nothing for it but yeah its only a little bit of paint needing tidied, my mates in that trade so should get that done no bother, and could do with a drivers wing, the rotas will be coming off today i think and will be putting it a bit closer to the ground, and will get pictures with the other wheels to clear up if they are watanabes or not!

LY R26
yeah im going to look at something a bit more "respectable" haha, iv not even had it 24 hours! does sound good though, and tbh it isnt lacking anything, handles really well, pulls all the way through the gears, good fun to drive!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Nice and raw/basic looking mate, perfect buy for the spring summer coming up mate, well played. Needs a little tidying up but i'd be happy with that, get some detailing practice done on it.

I can't remember the last time I was nice about someones recent car purchase on here.

Is this the kind of mx5 that you SHOULD buy?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
i need insperation for some wheels chris!

You could always fit Watanabes. They're the Turini of the MX-5 world, but for a reason. I'll get you some pictures of my Dad's Eunos.

He's running Bilsteins and 8J Watanabes. Looks awesome but not too 'OMGZsceney0' Just nice.

Gally, yeah, the Mk1's are the purest. Brilliant to drive.

LY R26
yeah im happy with needing to put a little work into it, need to find my way around the mazda world though, dont know where to look really yet, drove it back from aberdeen and it was a good laugh haha!

these arent 8j watanabes, if they are watanabes that is. i want something about 8j for it tbh.

Homo spec mazda
Thing is proper size watanabes are hard to come buy and cost a fair whack when they do appear. Looks good though, let me know if you remove that exhaust, i wouldnt mind a bit more noise.

LY R26
errr 96' yeah its the 1.6, insurance was a pain in the backside for a 1.8 because i just changed the vehicle over on the policy.

LY R26
it seems dead over there when ever ive been on, compared to here anyway, unfortunatley i wont be turbo'ing it for a little while as it was hard enough to get insured on it as is:(

it will probably happen eventually, if anyone knows anyone selling a black driver side wing let me know please.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Just PM Turner, he's better than a forum!

Infact post up questions on here!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yep. Bin the spoiler.

Don't bother with a bodyshop to fill the holes though. Just buy a used lid without the holes in the same colour.

Listerine & Poledo
MX5OC was who I was with in my roadster days.

Caterhamesque wheels are good, anything lightweight is a bonus. 15's are your best on-balance size to go with, and I got along very well with Eagle F1's for tread.

If that's a Mazda spoiler, keep it.

People you should start looking up:-

MX5Parts
Flyin Miata

Oh, and dont worry about "getting stance y0!", just get your alignment done.

LY R26
my mate has a wrote off mx5 so I'm gonna try to get his boot and get it wrapped and then get his wing an get it sprayed by the lecturer in college. I want it sitting nice on some wide wheels, it may see some track action if I can be bothered so will have it set up for both.

Charged Superleggera
looks like you got yourself a nice wee project car there richy. defo need to see this when im back next week :)

Listerine & Poledo
dont try going wide on your tyres if you want it to handle as it should

Too big at the rear = no hero moments
too big at the front = hero moments when you dont want them
too big all round = nothing heroic at all

LY R26
the guy before me had it in balmedie? I rag it too so it doesn't really bother me, so goodj would the easy option be to get some stretch on the tyres?

yeah Firas I'm on holiday from college then from work next week so give me a shout bud.

Listerine & Poledo
To be fair chap, just get used to it as is.

Get it all serviced and aligned, see how you get along.

You can do a lot to the handling without the need to made it run lower or rock solid springs & dampers. Chassis and a-pillar braces are a good call, they take out a lot of body flex.A better bet than tower-bracing.

For wheels & tyres, I went with 195/50 15. That was on a 1.8 Mk.2 and was stable unless deliberately provoked.

PM if ya like

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
You need Racing Beat Big Anti Roll bars too, MX-5 are far too understeery at the limit with out them.

Listerine & Poledo
You need Racing Beat Big Anti Roll bars too, MX-5 are far too understeery at the limit with out them.

chassis braces (inlcuding the butterfly brace) & A-pillar braces will cure it all, no hassles.

The Mk2.5 sports had the chassis bracing as standard, but the mounting points are present on ALL MK1 & Mk2 MX-5's and eunoses

VX220
I have a mazdaspeed back box with a custom centre section that runs from the downpipe back. Nothing too showy but should sound good with the straight through pipe. PM me if you're interested.
Im off to N. London to pick some wheels up for mine tonight! just need to decide on a colour to respray them