ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My mk1 Clio valver project

X2 Clio Valvers
monodial blue would be perfect imo

Do a bright flat orange I reckon. Like pictures. Will suit it better than inferno I think.

I thought about that chip, like a matte or satin, not too bright lol. But I've seen them painted orange and wasn't really keen, I've also seen Arden blue valvers and quite liked the look tbh. The reason inferno appeals me more is cos I haven't seen one and it's also an original Renault colour. Cheers for your opinions :)

X2 Clio Valvers
vymehy4a.jpg

Bit of a blury pic but it's an rt shell with a valver lump in, or it was, not sure what happened to it

X2 Clio Valvers
Not really an update sadly as I've not had the time :sad:
Seriously contemplating boost after reading coops build up not sure though as It will take me ages to save up for lol

X2 Clio Valvers
Decided I'm keeping the yellow engine loom!
Sorry Coops Turbo
It has now been wrapped in some brighter yellow, waterproof/heat resistant stuff
4u4egy2a.jpg

Will be buying some yellow samcos to match.
Also, when buying samcos, exactly how may do I buy?
I get thrown every time I look because they consist of kits with different amount and hoses. I.e ancillary and coolant, is it just a case of one of each? :lol: never bought samcos before so don't want to be buying short

X2 Clio Valvers
Decided I'm keeping the yellow engine loom!
Sorry Coops Turbo
It has now been wrapped in some brighter yellow, waterproof/heat resistant stuff
4u4egy2a.jpg

Will be buying some yellow samcos to match.
Also, when buying samcos, exactly how may do I buy?
I get thrown every time I look because they consist of kits with different amount and hoses. I.e ancillary and coolant, is it just a case of one of each? :lol: never bought samcos before so don't want to be buying short

Oh that nappy in the pic, it's not a dirty one lol, it's what I used to wipe all the grime off the loom before applying the tape, didn't end up with no bits of fluff on, sprayed a little engine degreaser In the nappy and wiped clean. Did the trick :lol:

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
ai afraid still not keen chap, however your car so your rules ;)

Samcos yes one of each, one main kit one aux kit and just buy the none oil cooler one if you can and bin the cooler off if you have one fitted, pointless crap imo!

X2 Clio Valvers
Looks tacky and cheap covered in bright yellow tape IMHO
It does look quite tacky on the photos but doesn't look all the bad in person IMO. Will post up a pic later of it all together.
ai afraid still not keen chap, however your car so your rules ;)

Samcos yes one of each, one main kit one aux kit and just buy the none oil cooler one if you can and bin the cooler off if you have one fitted, pointless crap imo!
Haha
Don't have an oil cooler on ATM but was going to fit one but thinking about It I'll probably not be going boost :sad: so won't be much point.

Will be polishing some bits up laters too so will have a bit of an update...
Also after long thought I'm stuck on going inferno orange or keeping Naples so going to the inferno on some old panels before I decide, yes yes I know it's a waste of paint but it will help me decide I think.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
nah not a mocal oil cooler, they are good, I mean the Renault oem one that runs via the main coolant system, total toss and of no benefit to man nor beast ;)

F82 M4
Still can't believe this was my car, I bloody loved this thing and expected it to be in a scrapyard by now!

Can't wait to see the finished result, I may even consider a little drive up to your end when it's all done and seeing it in the flesh!

I've found some old pics of her you might like to see :cool:

100_0258.jpg

100_0245.jpg

100_0247.jpg

100_0266.jpg

100_0234.jpg

DSC00714.jpg

And here's when the cambelt snapped :eek:

DSC00822.jpg

X2 Clio Valvers
Still can't believe this was my car, I bloody loved this thing and expected it to be in a scrapyard by now!

Can't wait to see the finished result, I may even consider a little drive up to your end when it's all done and seeing it in the flesh!

I've found some old pics of her you might like to see :cool:

100_0258.jpg

100_0245.jpg

100_0247.jpg

100_0266.jpg

100_0234.jpg

DSC00714.jpg

And here's when the cambelt snapped :eek:

DSC00822.jpg

I've gone all warm inside :lol:
God it's weird to see it on a photo I didn't take lol.
More than welcome to come and have a blast when she's done if you like

X2 Clio Valvers
Well I'd forgot if even ordered this
4u8y9yvu.jpg

Lol, will finally be able to drain the engine and gearbox oils ready for removal of the bottom end :banginghead:
Next few plans on the agenda are;
Drain gearbox and bottom end,
Remove both,
Give block a clean and lick of paint,
Same as above for gearbox
Start collecting 172 widetrack items,
Refurb wheels standard silver colour with anthracite centre caps (need 3 centre caps lol)
Strip rest of interior (passenger seat,carpet,few bits of interior trim,
Also swapping my shifter for the short shifter from the Nana yes yes I'm sad but that car is mint! :lol:
Try and source a welder to get the bits of rust done,
Order new front panel,both front arch inners,
Sills both sides
Fabricate a piece for the inner sills,
Lend a compressor, get her in primer, then paint!
Wow that doesn't seem a lot! :lol: going to cost a fair bit though but idc, I love this car...
Today I'll be polishing both rocker covers, both injector rails, TB, inlet, and what ever else I want to shine lol...
Update in a bit

X2 Clio Valvers
Sounds like it's a seriously big job this :cool:

What's your thoughts on how long it will all take? :)

It's sure is mate, doing everything I can possibly think of...
Well I was hoping to have it done or near done by the end of this year but will be considerably longer now I think due to money and time restrictions

F82 M4
It's sure is mate, doing everything I can possibly think of...
Well I was hoping to have it done or near done by the end of this year but will be considerably longer now I think due to money and time restrictions 

Good stuff.

Well when it's done mate I'm definitely going to have a drive up to your for a look if that's ok? :)

X2 Clio Valvers
Today I was only meant to drain the gearbox and engine oil :lol:
Ended up doing an inspection for more rot,
Found the following;
ypyde8am.jpg

uje8usy5.jpg

Well that's a bit f@cked lol
amadupem.jpg

8uredu7y.jpg

One for Wilkeh
seqy9ere.jpg

X2 Clio Valvers
Do that every chuffing time! :lol:
Most of the rot is just surface, but having worked in a body shop before "surface rot is covering a whole lot more, and there will be lots more behind"
Tad concerned about the bit near the bumper though can't quite tell if a new arch/rear quart will rectify it?

X2 Clio Valvers
Hokayyyy...
Well as I said earlier I was hoping to get both the gearbox oils and engine oil out...
I have done!!! Lol.
Gearbox oil was lovely and clean, this would sort of back up the "new gearbox" it has, failing that it had a change not long before I got it lol
Pic of the gearbox oil
u2y4u6yp.jpg

After that drained I did the engine oil,
Black breet but no lumps etc...
3a7y2uty.jpg

When dropping the engine oil I got a bit of a panic, once I'd fully undone the sump plug, loads of water came out not sure how it got in there? :lol: well afaik it was water, it smelt like petrol but obviously it would having just come from an engine :duh: :lol:
After those I removed the battery mount/gearbox mount ready for the faithful f7p722 block coming out tomorrow :hopeful:
amugyva7.jpg

Also cleaned 2/4 cylinder tops lol... Not sure why I did because I'll be cleaning everything at some point.
Then it got dark, so needed some light in the garage
10 minutes and a security light thing later :lol:
u7u5a3yz.jpg
needs securing properly yet...
Also removed the drivers side driveshaft, didn't have a "suitable punch" to "drive out the roll pin" as stated in the Haynes manual I got off Coops Turbo
Cheers for that mate, comes in really handy,
Anyway, 9" nail and hammer FTW :lol:

Then started the last few bits ready for the block coming out, jacked up the engine.... Oh f**k, gear selector is still attached :lol: luckily it's not damaged it :phew:
Then realised the time, got sick to death of hearing next door's youths shitty music, lack of English :lol: so called it a night...
Left The pant stainer for the night looking like so :lol:
evura3ad.jpg

Pant stainer is something my mates came up with after driving down the motorway
More to come tomorrow

X2 Clio Valvers
Not much of an update I know, but thought I'd share as I feel it is part of the project :lol:

Where she slept before.....
gygehaje.jpg

OCD has been a nightmare, so it was time to sort that messy messy garage!

She now sleeps like this, with all her parts nicely sorted and stacked...
betesype.jpg

yzyhabam.jpg

5u3y9ysa.jpg

So yeah! I now have a tidy garage lol. Sorted all the nuts and bolts into money bags, sorted all the parts into boxes all bar the big bits that are stacked up.

While I was tidying under the car I got some snaps of the rot... And come across more, joys of mk1 ownership! Lol :lol:

5ysegeja.jpg

6e7adu2a.jpg

uha8equ6.jpg

Nothing that can't be sorted though eh!

Also, does anyone know what this exhaust is? I can't see no brand names on it, just this
2erevuze.jpg

X2 Clio Valvers
Bit of an update, its been a while as I've not had access to the forum as I haven't had my phone :[
Anyway the block is finally out! Did it by dropping the subframe and man handling it from underneath the car lol. Was quite awkward as I can't get the ns front wheel off, nor can I get the other three lol. But now I can start work on the body, get the rest of interior out etc.
Not much of an update and sadly no pics until tomorrow when I get my faithful iPhone back lol.
More to come tomorrow

X2 Clio Valvers
Update time now I finally have my iphone back! Lol.
Well today I bought some paint to paint the block as it wasn't looking pretty
y6a8azah.jpg

Loads of colours to choose from, but as I'm sure you all know I love lairy colours! So I went for...
temygate.jpg
Yellow FTW! :rofl:
But, as always, changed my mind, really stuck on a colour now, not sure wether or not to clean it and just lacquer it, paint it red, hammered steel colour or graphite, I really don't know!?! I know I'll be doing the gearbox silver, the engine mounts in hammered grey effect paint.
But I suppose I can concentrate on stuff like that later on.
Did the callipers for fun lol
aqysyqa6.jpg

Oh and the battery tray/gearbox mount (won't be keeping that as ABW I'm getting some goodies off 16v_paddy and included is a 172 box with spider etc, a jb3 box and a clutch from a volvo turbo :p
On another note, however, I think I may have chosen a colour for the wheels, looks alright IMO but other people may disagree
yvumesuh.jpg
it's like a primer grey colour but it's not actually primer (can't remember the exact colour lol)
Would be that colour or anthracite/graphite but on williams wheels, other than that it's turbines in smoked chrome.
Chow for now

X2 Clio Valvers
Not updated in a while due to family problems. But one must soldier on.
On a 'not so renault topic' my staffy has just given birth to some beautiful chunky pups :)
u4use6y2.jpg

Nawwwww. Lol

Back to the car, after long hard thinking and lots of mind changing, I've come up with the following. She'll will be painted original Naples red, phase 1 interior, smoked chrome turbines with dynamique centre caps, short shifter, 172 gearbox, 172 widetrack. Engine will be painted satin black or graphite grey, williams head with cams, ported and polished, forged bottom end, mocal oil cooler, forced induction, supersprint with magnex I already have.
All the upcoming updates will be body related!
Found more rust the other day, but still not put off by it!
u4e7ubaz.jpg

More to come soon. Sorry for the pointless update lol

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
The more i view this project, the bigger the task i see you have on your hands, i would have given up along time ago and let it go to the scrapyard. So full respect - but i wouldn't blame you if you threw the towel in.

X2 Clio Valvers
The more i view this project, the bigger the task i see you have on your hands, i would have given up along time ago and let it go to the scrapyard. So full respect - but i wouldn't blame you if you threw the towel in.

Thanks mate.
Believe me I have felt like giving up several times, but I just keep picturing the end result and the ambition comes back :)
To be quite honest, the more bad bits I find make me more passionate about doing it. As you said many others would have just scrapped it, but IMO too many cars end up there. I've even considered buying more to restore lol. A williams 1 is definitely on the list in the future

X2 Clio Valvers
Bit of an update...

Ordered some equipment today
amu5e8uh.jpg

evaseger.jpg

Bought myself a decent drill
egare3eb.jpg

Ordering the panels as I type which reminded me to update. :lol:

Lots of up updates coming soon :cool: