ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My latest creation, RB 182, 2118s fast road-track content

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
Currently a work in progress, one of my Ren-Sport project cars....

Started life as this standard RB 182
uramatet.jpg

My idea from the get go is a stripped out light Weight back road fun car!, not a madly powered animal this time... Or Is it.....
So I got some bits to get things started

Gaz Coilovers
Yoko AD08 R's
Ktec Exhaust System
Custom Decat
Speedline 2118's
Recaro Trendlines
Team Momo 280
98 Ron map with pops and bangs
Solid Top Mounts

And as from tomorrow when it arrives, I'll be the happy owner of a full carbon fibre bonnet!,

Since owner car Iv replaced the engine and fitted new belts Etc, but unfortunately the engine is using a bit of oil, so I'm taking delivery of a new engine tomorrow, which will either be building to a high standard either high comp n/a or boosted..... Currently developing some new parts too so they shall be fitted and tested,

So here she is!
yqevu4uh.jpg
e8unygy9.jpg

na9agyde.jpg
ynyge7uj.jpg

abuvybes.jpg

8udehuqa.jpg
zeba5y9y.jpg

suga8amy.jpg

So to say the least it's coming on well :)! And really happy with how it handles (now it's had all wheel alignment corrected)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Re: My latest creation....

That steering wheel is epic. What is it? 300mm?

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i

That would be my wheel of choice if I ever went aftermarket. Nice project. :)

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6

That's my background (karting) so is perfect for me!, yeah it's great so far.
Regarding the coilovers, any thing more than the second setting on dampening on the road is dangerous!, had it set to max (literally solid) and took it for a little blast! Great in flat road and unbelievable on a entering and exiting some roundabouts, but hit a bump and the back of the car was hoping off the ground! So was a bit raising to say the least!.

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6

That would be my wheel of choice if I ever went aftermarket. Nice project. :)

Thanks matey!
I'm personally really against after market car bits and more OEM but just going all out track on this one.

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6

Looks like its gonna be a big money build!

Will be putting some money into it but not going silly!, obviously doing everything my self will save lots.
Plus it's more of an opening project for Ren-Sport.

RB Clio 182

Have you got a link to that steering wheel mate?

Im clueless when it comes to them, but i like the look of that.

clio 182 cup

Looking like a very nice build.

Where did you get the CF bonnet from and can we see a pic with it fitted!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Rb and 2118's always look good. I drive a cup on GAZ's and they are surprisingly comfortable and seem to handle well. That was with 2118's and ad08's and a 280mm wheel too.

You keeping the recaro's in if it'll be fast road?

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
Rb and 2118's always look good. I drive a cup on GAZ's and they are surprisingly comfortable and seem to handle well. That was with 2118's and ad08's and a 280mm wheel too.

You keeping the recaro's in if it'll be fast road?

Yeah it is a really good set up! And does handle well, and regarding the recaros.... I'll see what comes up as in ideally looking for some pole positions.

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6

Looking like a very nice build.

Where did you get the CF bonnet from and can we see a pic with it fitted!

Still awaiting on the bonnet seems to be a problem with postage,
I bought it off a lad on here.

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
Haha you know what I'm like for getting round to making a thread, yeah should be here today before 6:00!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Cool project, I really like Gaz in that price range, its weird they arent more popular on this forum than they are IMHO.

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
Cool project, I really like Gaz in that price range, its weird they arent more popular on this forum than they are IMHO.

Yeah I totally agree, can't fault them for the price, Iv always been for KW's but thought id give these a go. Opted for a 2 year warranty too as i am under the impression they are liable to leak :/ but I'll see. So far so good.

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
Well I'm now going all out track spec on the 182 now so took it off the road so I can really go to town.

Iv just purchased another car from a lad local to me which should tow the Clio fine to and from tracks/shows, just need to find a decent trailer and tow bar now! If anyone may happen to have one?

It's a mecedes ml320
7 speed tip tronic
Pretty much standard at the minute but may have a little tinker with it e.g remap etc, fairly happy with it's standard performance and seems a lot better than my old range rover sport I had.

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
5esyvave.jpg

Here she is

Been looking into that plasti dipping too and I'm potentially getting the full car done on the 7th so will see how that goes, my friend had his c63 done matte grey but I'm opting for a satin colour,
Main reason is I do like it black but Iv been quoted £200 for a good correction and detail etc where as I can get the full car plasti dipped for just a little more,
The paint is good but when you get close has a good few swirls and had plenty of car washes and with it been black stands out like a sore thumb!
So will try this plasti dip see how it turns out then after a while if I don't like it removed it and get a good paint correction :)!
But yeah that's basically my plan
Plasti dip
Wheels
Maybe the AMG rear end
Map
And tow bar and trailer!

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
Cheers, the 2118 alloys on Clio? I think I paid 540 for them plus tyres, and steering wheel is from larkspeed matey Iv added a link on first page to their website