ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Gay Little Track Toy...

Swift Sport
Cool, there aren't many "bad" 5s anyway....until people start to destroy them with sik stance, dildo gear shifter etc.

None are fast, at all, until a V8 or blower gets shoved in the nose.

I could have spent less for my SV-T but I didn't want to travel to all ends of the country, did want a warranty and wasn't having one without air-con again...and leather.

Oh, have a check to see if you've got chassis bracing, some late mk1s had it from factory and it makes more difference than anything you could do with suspension settings. If not, get some.
:)

I'll have a look... I'm pretty happy with the handling, even though I'm going to stick my neck out and say my coilovered Ignis handled better lol.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Ste, fit some decent seats if can you will be amazed at the difference!

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
You wont regret it the best thing I did to the car tbh!

Also ditched the armrests for some extra elbow room and added a knob extender as kept hitting my elbow on the centre console..

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Get on the other forum and get a Jass extender well worth it.. I got a 4" which is a bit overkill tbh..

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Which pads did you go for?

I got some of the group buy hoses and some new calipers for mine..

plus some new coilovers, so I can get rid of my mazdaspeed/eibach setup!

Swift Sport
Which pads did you go for?

I got some of the group buy hoses and some new calipers for mine..

plus some new coilovers, so I can get rid of my mazdaspeed/eibach setup!

I've got Brembo discs with DS2500 pads and Hel braided lines which all seem to work fine :)

I'm also running the Mazdaspeed/Eibach set-up, it's good but it's hard isn't it!

Swift Sport
Got the cleaning stuff out the other day...

9248781548_9f78d0dcca_z.jpg

9245997183_eb316d10cd_z.jpg

9248778506_e1156ac290_z.jpg

9248776994_a56236aeb7_z.jpg

9245998341_3f91c5aeb9_z.jpg

9248775680_37b2db4859_z.jpg

9245998543_a90f354e18_z.jpg

Last edited:

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Looks awesome mate.

Great little cars these. Been driving my parents eunos about in France last couple of weeks, even in standard form they drive spot on :approve:

work for BMW
Where is the best place to buy one of those front lips for the Mx5 ? Ebay? any particular ones are the best?

Swift Sport
Where is the best place to buy one of those front lips for the Mx5 ? Ebay? any particular ones are the best?

Mine was on the car when I bought it, so I can't really help much. I think mine's called a GV lip which I'm assuming stands for 'Garage Vary'. Hope that helps!

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
iirc the genuine ones from the states are fibreglass. The copies are usually PU, which wont get smashed if you knock it.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172

Alex i have broken my car so my GV rep lip is for sale and just down the road, pm me if interested!

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Looks awesome mate! I still miss mine. They really are cracking little cars, anyone that gives you the stereotypical hairdresser comment has obviously never driven one! Your lucky yours has a hardtop! I had a brand new soft top and it still leaked like a sieve! (Have some seat covers to hand)

Here's my old girl....

ujunugy8.jpg

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
It was tidy apart from the sills bud! ;) papermache had more density! It was the s-special with LSD and Bilstein shocks had such a laugh with it!
Your lights look good with the colour coded surrounds

Swift Sport
Did some tracktime at the Forge Motorsport Action Day at Castle Combe... I'd never been to Combe before so had no idea what the track was like, so I had a quick walk around the perimeter checking out the bends and off I went. I don't think I did too badly considering the competition lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Swift Sport
Federal RS-R semi-slicks. They're the only tyre I've run on the Mazda so can't really compare them to anything, but they do seem good once they're warm!

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Cool pic!

The lack of power is annoying on action days as few people want to get overtaken by a MX5!

What kindda lap time did you manage?

Swift Sport
No idea dude, tbh I needed more time to learn the circuit. I felt like we were going pretty well, and people watching said it looked quick so I'm happy lol.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Just wondering as yours is a pretty close spec to how mine was, although admittedly done a few laps of Combe by now :eek:

Swift Sport
It's all on that YouTube video above dude, but it was literally the first and only time I've been around Castle Combe lol.