ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Gay Little Track Toy...

Swift Sport
Joined the CS hairdresser club...

8600840800_d03ba5dc12.jpg

8599744729_68802bf3ea.jpg

8600844028_65ab72cf81.jpg

8599744173_35243ed8fe.jpg

8599743719_b64af96ce7.jpg

8599742999_6a73db4b88.jpg

8599741349_4a1a8fbaed.jpg

I expected all my mates to hate it but everyone so far loves it, not heard a single hairdresser joke yet... lol.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Looks awesome. 1.6 or 1.8? And has it got the LSD?

When I first looked for a track day car, it was either one of these or the 172. The fact I couldn't fit in an mx5 meant my decision was made for me :(

Not that I regret it too much, as it meant I got the flamer in the end :)

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Awesomesauce. Only the MK1 MR2 has a higher draw, and they are dissolving daily.

work for BMW
love it! always have loved them but dont think i will ever give in to the temptation and buy one

Looks tidy, I'm also in the same boat - looking for the right one.

I was outbid yesterday on ebay by £10 for one yesterday :( ballshit!

That one looks like it's a decent spec! Presume it has LSD ?

work for BMW
when looking to buy one of these, what spec is the one to get? i keep hearing things like eunos / LSD / etc and i have no idea!

Swift Sport
Looks awesome. I want one too.

Spec?

1.8 Eunos spec 'V' (Is that right???)

- Bilstein shocks and springs
- Jasma 4.2.1 manifold with full system
- 4-point Carbing cage
- 4.3 Torsen LSD
- Excedy clutch
- Apexi induction kit
- Momo alcantara steering wheel
- TRS harness' and tow strap
- GV splitter
- Pro Race 1.2's with Federal RS-R's

Having a lot of fun getting used to it, very different to the cars I've owned in the past.

Swift Sport
when looking to buy one of these, what spec is the one to get? i keep hearing things like eunos / LSD / etc and i have no idea!

Eunos imports are usually less rusty and as you say people recommend a LSD, but I don't know enough to cast my own opinions yet.

Looks well. Gonna be driven on the road much or purely track? I love mine I must say, can't wait for it to get warmer for some top down action.

Disastra Coupe
As said, most of the LSD's are f**ked by now anyway. And they're certainly not 'rapid' but they're plenty of fun.

You'll love it Ste. I know i'm going to miss mine this summer. Brilliantly fun little cars!
Is the EP3 gone now then?

EDIT: Handbrake looks a little high?

Swift Sport
As said, most of the LSD's are f**ked by now anyway. And they're certainly not 'rapid' but they're plenty of fun.

You'll love it Ste. I know i'm going to miss mine this summer. Brilliantly fun little cars!
Is the EP3 gone now then?

EDIT: Handbrake looks a little high?

Yeah this is the replacement as the Civic wasn't really track toy material, so I was happier selling to someone who would give it a good home.

No idea about the handbrake, it works fine!

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
On the older ones, the diff will be knackered, so reverts to being an open one.

Only on the viscous ones, not much to go wrong on a Torsen..

Looks like mine would if it had been looked after, good buy!

You can check to see if it has an lsd by jacking the back end up and spinning one of the wheels. If the other wheel spins in the same direction then it has one.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
You can check to see if it has an lsd by jacking the back end up and spinning one of the wheels. If the other wheel spins in the same direction then it has one.

Doesnt work on all MX difs though.

I am so F**king jealous.

This doesn't work with Torsen or Viscous Diffs. The only thing you'd find out is if you have a welder or not. Only real way to tell is to do a 4K launch and see if you have one or two black lines behind you...