ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My First project a Clio MK3 TCE 1.2 SX (girl owner)

Clio Mk3 tce
I thought that'd be the case lol Very brave!

Do the dynamique S (2.0 138bhp) models have wider front wings without the vents? If so it might be worth looking into those for the 197 look to the front of the car

Haha very brave :p
I'm not 100% sure on that one. Will have to look into it. Or if anyone knows on here?
I have a feeling that the 197 have wider arches. Which could be a problem. :/

Clio Mk3 tce
DSC_0453_zpskerxc3kw.jpg
with the mesh bonded on

Renault Clio 4 RS
Not going to lie, this looks absolutely amazing! I especially love the carbon fibre bits on the inside. Sorry if you've already answered this, did you take out the bits and send them off to get them carbon dipped? I have a Clio RS MK4 and I like the idea of replacing some of the matt elements with carbon elements. Were they expensive? Keep up the great work btw! It looks amazing!

Clio Mk3 tce
Not going to lie, this looks absolutely amazing! I especially love the carbon fibre bits on the inside. Sorry if you've already answered this, did you take out the bits and send them off to get them carbon dipped? I have a Clio RS MK4 and I like the idea of replacing some of the matt elements with carbon elements. Were they expensive? Keep up the great work btw! It looks amazing!

Thank you so much. Yes, taken out the bits I wanted dipped and got them done. Also a few things were brought from eBay and then dipped. Not familiar with mk4 interior. What does it look like? I would say it's a little expensive. But the quality is great. I think it's worth it. Price is hard to say as it was done in a batch with my bfs parts

Clio 3 2.0 138 DynaS
Do the dynamique S (2.0 138bhp) models have wider front wings without the vents? If so it might be worth looking into those for the 197 look to the front of the car

I have the 138 and I think the arches are only as wide as the wider ones on any other standard MK3's. Could be wrong though

Renault Clio mk3 tce
how much
Widened the rear. Went from 20mm to 30mm spacers.
DSC_0295_zpswfwsunpp.jpg

DSC_0301_zpsnm1jrl5p.jpg

DSC_0296_zpsv6rblwh6.jpg

^painted edges
Thank you :smile: I was really pleased with the hydrodippped things. They came out really well.
More things to come soon...
hi how much did you pay to get all your interior hydro dipped I'm always messing about with my car will up load sum pics soon love the alloys btw have exact same ones with tyres lol

Clio Mk3 tce
how much

hi how much did you pay to get all your interior hydro dipped I'm always messing about with my car will up load sum pics soon love the alloys btw have exact same ones with tyres lol
Everything on the car including foglight surrounds, Front bumper mouldings Engine cover, battery cover and all the Interior bits would have been about £200. But was done as a batch with other cars parts

Renault Clio mk3 tce
both lol but wheels base uk didn't have the same couler as urs which I wanted ffs but gonna spray them black meself loving ur car btw motivating me with sum ideas thinking of putting mine in black and white camp cz mine is silver
see ur in basic to which trade u goin lol recognise the book

Clio Mk3 tce
DSC_0519_zpskyvyhltu.jpg

Time to empty the oil catch can again , because it was full up, I had sludge under the oil filler cap again.
DSC_0517_zpseybyoayg.jpg

The can really reduced this build up in the past.
Next was to fit the boost gauge :) looks great and suits my other Dials.
DSC_0513_zpsrgttngx3.jpg

Does anyone know what this hose is? I have a feeling it's a water drain from the sunroof and it's blocked, looks too big for rear window washer.

DSC_0514_zpsqia2ikxb.jpg

DSC_0515_zpsmx0qzyhq.jpg

Plumbing into the inlet manifold to dumpvalve hose.
DSC_0516_zpspkcaqkgx.jpg

Then removed the old boring steering wheel and installed the new custom one I got for Christmas :)
DSC_0521_zpsndyqdd1m.jpg

Bit of a pain to release the airbag!
Final outcome
_20161226_160520_zpsfzekzfdv.jpg

Clio 197
I believe that tube is the drain for the sunroof. Have a look at page 52A-20 on this pdf: http://philch.free.fr/clio/clio3/MR393CLIO5.pdf. For some reason it's on the passenger side, however that may just be because it was originally written for LHD cars. I should probably check the drains on mine too, can't imagine them ever being cleared/flushed.

Clio Mk3 tce
I believe that tube is the drain for the sunroof. Have a look at page 52A-20 on this pdf: http://philch.free.fr/clio/clio3/MR393CLIO5.pdf. For some reason it's on the passenger side, however that may just be because it was originally written for LHD cars. I should probably check the drains on mine too, can't imagine them ever being cleared/flushed.

Ive had a look. Thanks for the link may be helpful in the future. Do you know if the tube is on both sides on the car? I see it says about being front and rear. Do you know where the pipe exits?

Clio 197
Ive had a look. Thanks for the link may be helpful in the future. Do you know if the tube is on both sides on the car? I see it says about being front and rear. Do you know where the pipe exits?
No problem :) I reckon the tube will only be on one side but i'm not 100% sure. iirc the front drainage point comes out near the front arch liner, and the rear one at the rear arch liner

Clio Mk3 tce
No problem :smile: I reckon the tube will only be on one side but i'm not 100% sure. iirc the front drainage point comes out near the front arch liner, and the rear one at the rear arch liner

I'll have a look on my car. That makes sense seeing as it says about removing arch lining. Thanks for your help :)

Clio mk3
Nice work! I'm thinking about putting the same carcept bumper on my mk3. Do you by any chance know how easy(or hard) it would be to put the double exhaust on?
(yes my first post 🙈)