ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My first clio! A 1.2 Dynamique!

Renault Clio
So Ive had my car since may 2013 and am completely new to this forum. Well Ive been a member for a while now, but because my phone is a really aggravating to transfer pictures, Im only just able to put these pictures up! xD So here it is! I am looking to modify it, but not to the extent where its literally scraping the floor :') any suggestions are welcome, and I would love to see pictures of your clios as well to give me some ideas! :D

Arctic 182
Welcome to the forum mate! There is plenty of Dynamique/non sport projects on here for inspiration, have a search!
Depends on budget & how far you wanna take things really.
If your on tapatalk there are 3 icons under the text when your writing, click the middle one!

Renault Clio
rCkGoXc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This is how it looked when I first brought it, bargain for £975!

Arctic 182
Yeah nice mate! First thing I would do is get those side strips colour coded! Makes the world of difference.

Renault Clio
8mhsdwU.jpg
[/IMG]
yY0CDTI.jpg
[/IMG]
X8rQuWK.jpg
[/IMG]
OdPgrWD.jpg
[/IMG]
J1uOcii.jpg
[/IMG]

The first thing I decided to do was to get some carbon fibre wrap on the go and have wrapped everything that i think needed it, the gear knob took the p*ss

Renault Clio
Yeah nice mate! First thing I would do is get those side strips colour coded! Makes the world of difference.

Yeah, i was doing a bit of research earlier about how id go about it, but it seems i dont have the money to be spending on having it done at a proper paint shop :/ i originally wrapped the strips with carbon fibre, the strips for the back half were hard to get off, but the part that is on the door itself is impossible to budge, so i had the tricky job of trying to wrap in on the car :eek: i ended up taking it off this afternoon cause it just looked dodgy xD

Clio 172 rep
Ive got a project thread of my non sport dynamic, mine was black, now its a full 172 rep, can make it look nice if you like spending money

Renault Clio
Ill have a look dude :) thing is i want it to look good, but i dont wanna end up spending mega money on it, i mean its only a 1.2, so i might end up getting it looking good, and then start saving up for a 182 ;)

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Starting out the same as me matey! I haven't started a thread yet but i'll be following yours to see what you do to yours!

Renault Clio
well, the plans for tomorrow (weather being good):

painting my alloys black
painting the brake calipers and drums yellow

im tempted to get some spacers, but i think im gonna save up for some 17" wheels first ;P

Arctic 182
Yeah, i was doing a bit of research earlier about how id go about it, but it seems i dont have the money to be spending on having it done at a proper paint shop :/ i originally wrapped the strips with carbon fibre, the strips for the back half were hard to get off, but the part that is on the door itself is impossible to budge, so i had the tricky job of trying to wrap in on the car :eek: i ended up taking it off this afternoon cause it just looked dodgy xD

IIRC, there is a bung you need to take out before you slide the strip off the door, it's a pain but they will come off!

You can colour code yourself mate, it's not the easiest job in the world but still not a ball ache! If you haven't already, become & member for £12 & view some guides. You'll need wet & dry in different grades, plastic primer, the colour, & lacquer.
Also, unless you was messing around, people tend to stay away from 17's! ;)
Spacers or lows are a good call!

Renault Clio
IIRC, there is a bung you need to take out before you slide the strip off the door, it's a pain but they will come off!

You can colour code yourself mate, it's not the easiest job in the world but still not a ball ache! If you haven't already, become & member for £12 & view some guides. You'll need wet & dry in different grades, plastic primer, the colour, & lacquer.
Also, unless you was messing around, people tend to stay away from 17's! ;)
Spacers or lows are a good call!

I bought some wet and dry today xD I also got me some primer and lacquer so iguess i just need to get a paint matched coat now, halfords do this dont they? Ill have another go at getting the strips off tomorrow if i can :p and if i can do it ill pop down the shop and get me some base colour and then ill be sorted :D

and i was thinking about 16" tbf but i think they still dont look big enough but then 17" look abit too big! -_- haha decisions decisions! i guess it depends what style of wheel you go for, some look ridiculous in 17" form but then again some look decent, i was thinking of getting some OZ ultraleggera style ones, and they look alright in 17 D: idk im gonna save up till i can afford a decent set and see what takes my fancy :)

well, the plans for tomorrow (weather being good):

painting my alloys black
painting the brake calipers and drums yellow

im tempted to get some spacers, but i think im gonna save up for some 17" wheels first ;P

Just a few bits of advice of course this is just my opinion, stay well away from 17" wheels 16" is the biggest you can get away with without it sitting like a monster truck and also only paint the calipers yellow paint the drums black or silver it will look much better believe me I made the mistake of painting mine orange.