ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My First Car - 1.2 Clio

(s)Low Dynamique
Looks alot better mate can't u get it any lower mate still looks high

Cheers mate, gonna wind them down after tomorrow, probably going to try and get another 10mm at the front and 15mm at the back depending if it still looks raked :)

(s)Low Dynamique
well this has give me some great ideas how much have you lowered that by?

Glad it has mate :) It's on coilovers, not really measured it exactly yet because it's being played with after tomorrow (I'm doing a long journey tomorrow with 3 passengers), just used the width of my iPhone to measure it evenly for now (bodge or what haha).

Just done a quick wiki and my iPhone is 58mm wide, so it's lowered nearly 60mm at the front and a little less at the back at the moment but it will be going lower like I say, and wont be bodge measurements next time either haha

(s)Low Dynamique
Few more pics with my mates B, will be winding the coilies down over the weekend :)

6807322245_169a6c384e_b.jpg

6807317167_d46bba9ca2_b.jpg

6807315719_4c9e08ed07_b.jpg

Attachments

• 6807322245_169a6c384e_b.jpg
    6807322245_169a6c384e_b.jpg
    454.8 KB · Views: 52
  Clio Grande RN
Opinions on removing the "Clio" badge from the rear of the car? Considering doing it this weekend but I wanted some opinions before I fully decide to do it?

Don't do it! :dapprove:
I bought a Clio recently and its missing the "Clio" badge,
Doesn't look too tidy.
If you remove it you'll regret it!

None
Looking smart that mate, when you getting the bumpers colour coded? or are you going to get 172 bumpers. Also get a 3" backbox slashcut, looks unreal in my opinion. Keep us updated im taking notes for when i get my clio :)

(s)Low Dynamique
Don't do it! :dapprove:
I bought a Clio recently and its missing the "Clio" badge,
Doesn't look too tidy.
If you remove it you'll regret it!

I took the "take off the Clio badge and colour code it with the bump strips" route :) Looks tidy, mainly because it's a black car I think.

Looking smart that mate, when you getting the bumpers colour coded? or are you going to get 172 bumpers. Also get a 3" backbox slashcut, looks unreal in my opinion. Keep us updated im taking notes for when i get my clio :)

Cheers mate, going to get the bump strips colour coded but if a sport bumper for either end comes my way cheap then I'll be grabbing onto it. I originally fancied a smart little backbox but I just think visible pipes don't look right on non-sports (IMO), so I am looking at stealth systems still.

That pretty much concludes the plans left for my car too, colour code/sport bumpers, exhaust and finally I want a set of the projector headlamps with the black inserts.

(s)Low Dynamique
After a much needed winter polishing session. Fitted my fat Megane splitter too, don't think it will last very long on the roads round here haha.

6916817185_d3b83952ff_b.jpg

6916815973_3474a4bf3d_b.jpg

6916814817_c8ec46e81f_b.jpg

Black gold 182
In the last few days I have colour coded my side strips, and de wipered my rear. With the money I have been given for my birthday I will be buying some lowering springs, colour coding my front+back bumper and

when you did the side strips are they smooth or did you spray straight over the bumper?

(s)Low Dynamique
when you did the side strips are they smooth or did you spray straight over the bumper?

You have to slide all four parts off, two parts on each side (can be a bit of a task if they've never been taken off before). Once they're off you wet+dry sand them so they are smooth, then give them a few layers of primer, a few layers of paint and finally some lacquer. Obviously leaving time between stages for them to dry! There's some good guides on here, depending how good you are with a rattle can you can get some really good results :)

Black gold 182
sprayed my wheels with rattle cans just need the patience, and the front ones slide towards the rear end and the back ones towards the front end correct?

(s)Low Dynamique
sprayed my wheels with rattle cans just need the patience, and the front ones slide towards the rear end and the back ones towards the front end correct?

Yeah that's right, the front ones are a little tricky because you need the door open. I found the best way to do it is to have a friend sit in the front seat and hold the door still, because you really need to use some force to slide it off

2001 1.2 Clio Black.
Loving the mods you've done, mines pretty similar to yours im fitting my splitter when i can be asked , and im still searching for a RS Grill!

Think your splitter has given me a kick up the backside to hurry up and get it fitted, looks quite nice.

camerapics013.jpg

396558_10150697009281900_730701899_11627086_2543.jpg

424836_10150660168831900_730701899_11532123_8959.jpg

Attachments

• camerapics013.jpg
    camerapics013.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 396558_10150697009281900_730701899_11627086_2543.jpg
    396558_10150697009281900_730701899_11627086_2543.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 60
  (s)Low Dynamique
cheers Jake,
payday today so i'll do it this weekend if the weather holds out :)

Good luck!

Loving the mods you've done, mines pretty similar to yours im fitting my splitter when i can be asked , and im still searching for a RS Grill!

Think your splitter has given me a kick up the backside to hurry up and get it fitted, looks quite nice.

I like your alloys mate, are they the 16" off a 172? The colour looks really good against your paint!

2001 1.2 Clio Black.
Good luck!

I like your alloys mate, are they the 16" off a 172? The colour looks really good against your paint!

Aye there off a 172 , got them for 100' of someone on here. £150 referb and 2 new tyres! Got a RS Grill in the end, and fitting my splitter at the weekend!

(s)Low Dynamique
Good price that mate! Are they declared to your insurers? Link me to your progress thread haha :) Will look awesome with the grille and splitter :)

2001 1.2 Clio Black.
Yea i was pretty chuffed, yea are declared cost me nothing, they said there glad that i told them about the alloys and there would be no additional fee? i cant complain!

i dont have one, been to lazy to put one up lol. :approve:

(s)Low Dynamique
Yea i was pretty chuffed, yea are declared cost me nothing, they said there glad that i told them about the alloys and there would be no additional fee? i cant complain!

i dont have one, been to lazy to put one up lol. :approve:

Ahh get your act together and make one then :p

tidy car, keep up the progress!!!

Cheers mate!

I'm looking at selling my alloys and getting some turbines in black, feel like a change. Open to opinions and suggestions?

White mx5 mk1!
Collect my turbines for 200 :p wouldn't have to worry about getting tyres for them due to long long having new ones on 195/45/15 t1rs

(s)Low Dynamique
aah i love this! seen this thread ages ago and been trying to find it! look where i am! looks awesome man!!

Cheers mate :)

Collect my turbines for 200 :p wouldn't have to worry about getting tyres for them due to long long having new ones on 195/45/15 t1rs

Hmm, think I've decided to keep my current alloys for now pal as I've had to fork out for some new front tyres :p

Also had to fit some new anti-roll bar bushes and new track rod ends. Then got the tracking done too :)

On one of the recent "summers days" we had, I painted my rear drums in black, which looks better than the rusty colour in which they were. I also had a pop at correcting my headlamps - at which I failed miserably at, so my plans are now to buy some new ones. Had to remove my 3/4 plate too due to police not being happy, got away without a fine 3 times so decided to get rid before it cost me!

Got 4x5mm spacers ready to go on when I can be arsed too :)

Anyway, updated plans due to a bit of money to play about with :)

Near future:
Private plate
KTEC Stealth Supersports
Xenon headlaps OR black backed non-sport lamps
Sports rear bumper OR colour code current bumper

Also considering a K4M conversion if (touchwood it doesn't) anything pricey goes wrong with my current engine, which nearly has 110k on the clock.

Anyway here is a recent picture to finish off my post :)

530862_10150632692364157_558664156_9232105_2051979403_n.jpg

e92 330i
Looks great. I know kieran had smoked lamin x on his headlamps and that looked good, maybe an idea.

(s)Low Dynamique
Thanks guys, and it's about 70mm at the front and around 60mm at the back :) I was planning on making it a little bit lower but I'm really happy with how it's sitting now!

renault clio 1.2
looks well good like i want to lower myn bt nt sure on hw much lyk how urs look so might look into it