ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Evo VI

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Ride out in the Evo tonight. So glad I'm not using it every day now as it felt a lot more special (and quick) tonight!

79A29180-BD90-4BC4-803D-BBA1A8AD82EE_zpscmlyio7n.jpg

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Money pit.

24EEF9BD-9CE2-4B99-8D85-6449045397D6_zpsc0y5s8vy.jpg
I've just this minute collected mine from being in storage for a month.

I'm already starting to feel a little but sick inside thinking about the list of jobs I want to do.

First being getting the coil overs rebuilt. [emoji20]

Evo 5 RS
To be honest most tuners who work under a banner on road cars with a dyno may as well be 'just a mate' anyway. As long as it goes well and is healthy that's all that matters.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
4EE66972-A5E2-4687-93C8-AE402568AE5E_zpsjqjwxamr.jpg

Back home after the remap. Now running 1.9 bar and goes well! Very happy with the results!
That's quite a bit of boost mate, mine only makes 1.5. 😞

I bet it goes like stink and a big difference before it was mapped, mine was also done on the road but i will take it to a RR and get it checked.

All we need now is a bit of sunshine. :cool:

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Do you get stick on evo forums for saying your pal mapped it, like you do on here when you say you pal did your cambelt?

I'm not on many Evo forums! It's a funny thing is mapping, I've had my car done by highly reccomended people who when you search on google are apparently s**t. Tim, my pal has been mapping for years and has done loads of evos before. He is also my mate and I trust him with my car implicitly.

Evo 5 RS
Different tuners have different opinions which can be some what scary for a customer when they are talking about the same setup. "Urgh why has he done that, there are no gains up there. That is too lean".

Enough to put you off for life. Might as well use your mate as even with a tuner there is usually zero liability on their part lol. For the most part the people who you'd want mapping your car are on a 6 figure salary and wouldn't dream of touching a road car.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Different tuners have different opinions which can be some what scary for a customer when they are talking about the same setup. "Urgh why has he done that, there are no gains up there. That is too lean".

Enough to put you off for life. Might as well use your mate as even with a tuner there is usually zero liability on their part lol. For the most part the people who you'd want mapping your car are on a 6 figure salary and wouldn't dream of touching a road car.

Mapping is a total minefield!

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
I can just make us out giggling on the hill in the background!

Edit - I mean, I can just make out our looks of concern, yeah, poor lad.