ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My dealings with Danlp6 (lengthy post)

doesnt have to be VAT registed to need to declare his income/expenses to the HMRC. I dont want to appear to be sticking up for him, as by the sounds of it he is a prize c**k, but the mis-information needed correcting

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Hope this is still on tomorrow. I'm far too tired to read all that at the moment.

Yet another CS sale mockery it seems.

Will bookmark and check it out tomorrow :)

Makes me sick hearing stuff like this, well done for keeping your cool but i dont think i could have.

I think i sold a print to em_clio, his ex gf? above...if i'd have known he was treating folk like this i might have altered the number plate to W4 NKER! :dead:

i always try and give 100% with any dealings on the net no matter how busy i am, i hope you get the remaining parts and the engine runs fine, fingers crossed ey!

Gav

Clio dci
Makes me sick hearing stuff like this, well done for keeping your cool but i dont think i could have.

I think i sold a print to em_clio, his ex gf? above...if i'd have known he was treating folk like this i might have altered the number plate to W4 NKER! :dead:

i always try and give 100% with any dealings on the net no matter how busy i am, i hope you get the remaining parts and the engine runs fine, fingers crossed ey!

Gav

Yes you did do me a print which the c**t took off of me with no thanks when we split. the print was amazing thank you so much, was worth every penny except it was wasted on him. if it wasnt so nice and i hadnt framed it he would have had it shoved rite up his ass but at the time i was quite calm until the nxt day and reality sank in. he has no respect for anyone but he will learn the hard way

'92 172, Lotus Elise
I very much doubt he is VAT registered so the whole receipt thing is bullcrap anyway, not to mention the fact you wouldn't send receipts off anyway.
I imagine he's either pocketed the money and hasn't bought the parts. OR Bought the parts and added a significant margin, hence why he doesn't want to hand the receipts over. I imagine its the latter.

I think it's the latter too

I've not heard of anyone having to send off reciepts to the tax man (not your accountant) for buying parts (which he's not selling on to me, he's only selling the labour) less than a month ago. It simply does not happen.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Every argument has two sides to it. But from what you're saying above Matt, he sounds an absolute tosser. Finger's crossed that he has done the work to a decent standard and simply overcharged you for the parts. Trouble is, you've no real way of knowing. :(

Hope things get sorted.

D.

'92 172, Lotus Elise
I agree Darren, and he's more than welcome to come and defend himself

Doubt it though, with all the other stories coming out now! (lots on other forums) - it doesn't seem like this is a one off!

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
he probably was just waiting to find a replacement engine from the scrappers yard, or ebay, did you get the engine numbers to check you got the same one back

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
The thread can stay up for now but I've had to remove the more 'personal threat' type posts, any more and I'll have to lock it, sorry :(

I've met Dan a few times and he seemed ok, but when he was selling some wheels I said I'd have I just didn't hear from him, luckily no money had changed hands.

Clio dci
i would also watch out he doesn't do a runner, he tends 2 go bk 2 surrey when he gets into hot water and returns when things calm dwn

BMW E46 330i Touring
Be interesting to see if he comes to the Airfield meet in a couple weeks... you planning on attending Matt?

Clio 172 mk2
Sounds all too familiar....was a chap on a Subaru forum I used to use who stitched up quite a few people and left work half finished etc.

Hope you get it sorted

'92 172, Lotus Elise
he probably was just waiting to find a replacement engine from the scrappers yard, or ebay, did you get the engine numbers to check you got the same one back

havn't checked numbers, unless joshy can provide them? all the parts do look new though, so would seem odd to replace the engine

The thread can stay up for now but I've had to remove the more 'personal threat' type posts, any more and I'll have to lock it, sorry :(

I've met Dan a few times and he seemed ok, but when he was selling some wheels I said I'd have I just didn't hear from him, luckily no money had changed hands.

cheers :)

i would also watch out he doesn't do a runner, he tends 2 go bk 2 surrey when he gets into hot water and returns when things calm dwn

I have his home address - his mother has got involved when she said she'd take responsibility for parts/reciepts. So i'll try that route if he doesnt respond

Be interesting to see if he comes to the Airfield meet in a couple weeks... you planning on attending Matt?

yeh mate :D

if the engine runs! :p

I found the rest of the parts I need today, so can build it this week! :)

CB600FS
I'd sell you some manifold bolts but you'll have to wait till I get the receipts back from the tax office.

One tiny lie always ends in lie after lie till stuff like this happens.

'92 172, Lotus Elise
hehe :D

despite claims from his mum and neighbour (wtf?) I never did recieve those ;)

I went to renault anyway and annoyed the parts guy "hi, i need every bolt for a 172 engine" :D

got a clutch too, as I don't think i'll be seeing that one again

just need some spark plugs now

might as well get silvervisions too eh ;)

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Wow, long read.

Didn't realise he was involved in so much controversy (seemed quite helpful on the forums from what i've seen anyway). Sounds like he has a bad attitude though.

Hope he's done your rebuild properly.

B

Ben^

Sounds like a royal cvnt man, you could of had the car finished in 5 months!!. Hope he has not put you off finishing your project and will look forward to seeing some pics.

Turbos.
First of all, sorry to hear the news. You seem incredibly calm given the situation, i would go mental.

I've got to rant though... it seems too commonplace on forums that despite hearing numerable bad things about people, morons still defend their internet buddies, allowing people to keep getting conned. At the end of the day, there is no smoke without fire...

I've had to learn the lesson myself. I don't know if that fat spotty kid called Subway is on this forum with his mangled V6 but i bought suspension off him which i later found out was missing vital components. He told me it was "my problem." I thought by dealing with a CS member i'd get the benefit of some comradery, enthusiasm and at least some good manners. Turns out he was about as helpful as Heather Mills in a sack race. Despite this, people were still saying how much of a nice bloke he was because they chat to him on MSN.

For the sake of a few hundred quid, i could of got some brand new kit. I've learnt never to be such a pikey, because you end up dealing with them.

Anyway, good luck with getting a resolution. Hopefully there is a way of making incidents like this more prominent so others don't get ripped off at least.

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
Ouch, that's alot of trust you had thrown back in your face. Like you said, I get the impression he got cheaper parts and was charging you full price for them. So long as they were new genuine parts at the correct price like he quoted, I don't see what the problem would have been. If you were doing this for me, and got a genuine head gasket for £20 at discount instead of Renault's £244098055 ^ 4, then tough on me. I'd still be happy to pay full price. Judging by your posts you would be too, but Dan was obviously too afraid to admit what he had done incase you demanded money off.

M2 Competition
I hate prats like this.

Have you not got any hefty mates that could visit his house and see you got your money back?

Without receipts you've got no proof that he did any of the work after all...

Lionel Richie
i believe what Dan said/says about the bearings is true, renault only make the one size, and any other size is hard to get

but what i want to know is why not just get a decent engine for around £500 in the first place? would've saved ALL of the c**k about!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I suppose you think your mates can help you out sometimes.

If all this is true then he should be banned from here too

Did i also mention about the fact that he got his present gf and her mate 2 threaten to kick my head in when i started pressurising him for my £600 which he owes me (now £530 after 6 months of him suposed 2 b repaying me). He doesn't fight his own battles.

I think you need to use www.moneyclaim.gov.uk to get your money back. Stop contacting him and let the courts get it for you. If he ignores this he'll end up with a ccj etc.

Sorry to hear about the engine mate. Hope you get it sorted.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
This is common on here.

I trusted an area rep & got shafted! Got sob story because he mixed up my advert with another & didn't have enough cash on him, promised to PP extra & never did:mad:

Won't happen again next time, no dough F##k off home without item!

ph quick
Theres only one way to deal with c***s like this and their neighbours... I got told off for typing it last time, but i think you can guess

Clio 182
Can't you at the very least take him to court about this, and provide ALL email and other correspondence as evidence... not to mention all the others who he has ripped off like em to provide backup? It would all add up, and if he was taken to police/court over this I think his smile would dissappear very quickly.

I don't know how he dare do it though... all it takes is for him to try and screw over one lunatic who then has his address... and then he would be royally screwed...

Deserved a good leathering to be honest, and im surprised he's survived until now without one.

Im an accountant, and can categorically say that the tax man will not need to see the receipts, unless he is under investigation, his accountant will need to see them as proof of expenses.

I would suggest, if still annoyed, gathering all evidence that the work was being carried out, and sending him a 'legal looking' letter and mentioning legal action, if he does not supply you with the receipts. As these could define the value of your car!

Pm me about any other legal questions, we have a good lawyer firm, on our client database.

White clique
sorry to hear about that story, i cant understand how people out there can be such a bunch of tossers and mess people about like that. I got messed around like that once when my car got vandalised, and the garage who were doing the bodywork did nothing for 3 weeks, and in this time refised to let me see the progress as they claim i wasnt allowed into the work areas for "insurance purposes" - when i got it back it was a real shoddy job and they said unless i paid i wouldnt get the car back.

its good that you are naming and shaming cowboys like this, and i am glad he has been banned from various forums.

BMW M135i
Grade A tosser then by the sounds of it, wouldn't have expected it tbh from his forum posts but just shows I guess.

dan lives in street doesnt he? im sure iv seen him around that area

i remember he offered to change my cambelt, glad i said no now!!