ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My DCi and Weekend Toy

Ph1 172
Well, had to get rid of the 172 a while ago due to insurance and fuel rocketing up. Didnt own it for that long but i thoroughly enjoyed my time with it, mightily impressed and has lifted my previous gloomy experience with anything French. Just lacking in straightline power though.

Still with the Clio family but with steady diesel DCi power! This is purely for economy for the commute, cant believe how cheap it is to run!

268355_10150245737043847_516368846_7365347_782550_n.jpg

268001_10150245737188847_516368846_7365351_3575899_n.jpg

not immaculate by any means, few dents and scratches here and there but for the lowly sum of £1100 im not complaining.

This is my weekend plaything, you may turn your noses up with it being a Rover but this runs better and rattles a LOT less than the Clio. Its a 220 GSi Turbo, one of only 29ish left taxed on UK roads so its a bit of a rarity. Epic sleeper values also.

100_0112.jpg

100_0113.jpg

100_0114.jpg

100_0116.jpg

100_0117.jpg

Believe it or not, BOTH of these are insured for less than the 172 was going to cost on its own!

Comments welcome, badge snobs are not welcome though :rasp:

dci looks tidy for the money, whats on the clock? tempted to invest in one myself in not too distant future

Ph1 172
124k but it does have FSH. bit of a bargain really. I will give you a warning though, for your sake get one without a sunroof as they leak like a b*****d when it rains.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Rover 220 Turbo's are hero cars.

I've had a couple. One of them used to go off the speedo very very easily! lol.

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
dCi looks lush! Nice car, really reliable!
Got any plans for it like a 80 inter cooler, remap or just keeping it as a cheap run around?

Ph1 172

cheers will check that out!

Fooking quick little things them! Nice :) Any more pics?

there the best ones i have at the moment, its in really good condition for its age.

dCi looks lush! Nice car, really reliable!
Got any plans for it like a 80 inter cooler, remap or just keeping it as a cheap run around?

not going to be modding it mate, its simply my daily runner. i have the 220 for my modification habbit lol

G

Gregor11

Those rovers fly!!! My friend had a cabriolet with a 2.0 turbo conversion running 235ish bhp and it flew!! Broke down every other day but it flew!! Destroyed cylinder heads, gaskets etc, but was defo a wolf in sheepskin clothing!! Cunning choice!!

Ph1 172
Those rovers fly!!! My friend had a cabriolet with a 2.0 turbo conversion running 235ish bhp and it flew!! Broke down every other day but it flew!! Destroyed cylinder heads, gaskets etc, but was defo a wolf in sheepskin clothing!! Cunning choice!!

if it was doing that constantly then he must have been running too much boost or it was simply a nail or a shite conversion. Standard pistons are made of chocolate and generally cant take more than 11.5psi.

to get 235bhp he must have had good induction, full exhaust with a bigger downpipe and de-cat, big FMIC and a T28 set at 11.5-12psi. with that a healthy engine will last ages and T-16's are very reliable with regular servicing.