ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Dad's Mercedes SL

Turbos.
No, not an AMG fire breathing monster, but an '80s SL 300! My dad bought this a few years back as a 'modern classic', having features such as a galvanised shell and ABS. I'd be surprised if he has put more than 1,000 miles on, and because of that, it's up for sale.

It's not my sort of thing, but it's in great nick considering most of this era of SL (R107) are sheds!

I thought i'd share some snaps from this morning...

P1060984.jpg

P1060980.jpg

P1060978.jpg

P1060977.jpg

P1060974.jpg

P1060972.jpg

P1060967.jpg

P1060961.jpg

P1060953.jpg

P1060945.jpg

And whats this lurking in the shadows...?

P1060985.jpg

P1060942.jpg

P1060983.jpg

P1060987.jpg

Why am i selling it... :dapprove:

172, Tiguan
Can he not afford to keep the Merc 10 years mate? I reckon it'll only go up in value now.

It is lovely though :eek:

Turbos.
I think he'd rather spunk the cash on race cars, as would i...

It's like driving a boat, that big, long bonnet rises as you accelerate!

6 car garage? nice!

not a fan of the Merc, but that interior looks fresh even by today's standard! Must have been way ahead of the competition back in its day!

Your CSL, well all CSL's look so good as standard!

Merc's nae bad either. Any idea on the M's replacement?

Turbos.
Thanks guys. As for the CSLs replacement, i am leaning towards a Scirocco at the moment, but i will probably not buy anything for a couple of months until i am entirely decided!

Is that a house, or a garage :rasp:

Merc's lovely, I'd keep it wrapped up in soft sheets for another 10 years. Would be worth a mint.

T

thecremeegg

Fantastic example there, looks superb. And you wanna swap the CSL for a scirocco?! Madness!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Can be nice...We had a 280SL for restoration but it beat us tbh. It was going to take approx 30k to restore! bin'd it. They rot like fook! But the neat thing is Merc still sotck EVERY part!