ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 182 FF For My 4YO Son - New Private Plate, What Do You Think?

M3 & Clio 182
Hello you lot!

I have owner the car for a few months now and thought i'd say hi. Bought the car with the intention that i'd try to keep it low mileage and pass it onto my 4yo son when grows up. Hopefully by this time the prices have gone up. My mate has a R5 GTT and was going to scrap it 10 years ago, it's now worth £10K!

It has done 60,000 Miles and appears to be a nice clean low owner example. forced to sell my M3 and get something more practical for the kids but bit of fun compromise. It will not be used as a daily, just kept in the garage and taken out on warm days. Also love to tinker so a modern classic hot hatch is the best place to start. Already taken off the exhaust for a full clean up and given her a full detail.

Plate went on last weekend. £167 from Reg Transfers but ended up just over £300 with all the fees. I went with 84mm height on the front by mistake. All the forums info says 94mm! OOPS. After putting the plate on it does not look too bad so i'm going with it. The rear plate looks a bit plain so might go with a new one that has GB on the edge.
It came with a decat K-Tec exhaust. Its way too loud so looking to put a sports cat on. I have the original exhaust and cat but it appears that the original cat does not match up with the K-Tec exhaust. I'd have to put on the original exhaust which i'm too happy about.

So far i have added:
  • K-Tec Induction kit
  • Private Plate
  • Racing steering wheel and boss kit
  • 20mm spacers all round
  • Tracking and wheel alignment
  • Brembo pads and discs all round
  • Bosch wiper blades
  • Recaro child seat :)
Everything original is kept as one day it'll be worth more put back to OEM.

Next on the list is braided hoses, front splitter and then some strut braces. Also want to give it a full service this winter and halfway through a headlight restoration. Didn't realize how long it would take to do a proper job.

Attempted to clean the underside as you can see from the photo. Gave it a good scrub then jetwashed with my patio cleaner upside down invention. Worked ok but really need a lift to do a better job.

Located down south in sunny Bournemouth.

IMG_9353.jpg

IMG_8918.jpg
IMG_9350.jpg

Land Rover
Looks good

The underside will look better (and be protected) if you treat it with spray grease or clear underseal (Waxoyl)
Also l would suggest you treat inside the rear wings at the bottom (remove rear seat side trim panels to access and also remove rear lamps for access to the wheel arch part with a spray extension)

M3 & Clio 182
Looks good

The underside will look better (and be protected) if you treat it with spray grease or clear underseal (Waxoyl)
Also l would suggest you treat inside the rear wings at the bottom (remove rear seat side trim panels to access and also remove rear lamps for access to the wheel arch part with a spray extension)

Cheers for the tip. That is now on my list of jobs to do. The clear underseal sounds like the better option.

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
Looks well so far!

Just one thing i'd add. If I was to put one of these away as an investment it would have to be an RB, LY or PB coloured car as I can't imagine a Titanium Silver car being that desirable (and that's coming from someone that owns a silver 172 lol)

Land Rover
The Clio Renaultsport is the first car l have owned in many years where you can buy a sound example, restore it to show standard, and it be seemingly no more saleable than when you started.

I do remember this with the 205 GTi when nobody would pay more than about £1500 for one.

The £3,000 mint ones sat on drives and dealer forecourts, dusty, while Autotrader punted out the £1500 runners.
Same with the Renault 5 GT Turbo, both mine were pretty much perfect and l practically gave them away. Prices were dictated by the dealers shifting trade-ins to the back street car traders, who would then biff them out at two grand.

I think the Clio 182 is at the bottom of its price curve and can’t get any cheaper than now. Good ones will be worth keeping....although l don’t think they will achieve the heights that the 205/Williams/GT Turbo have done

Last edited:
Why cup on the plate when it's not a cup??

As already mentioned an example in titanium is not really seen as a premium colour.

But who knows in ten years it could be worth loads as you say.

Either way I like the sentiment of saving it for your boy?