ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Cup

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Whats it running BTG at the mo mate? Really like it, looks fantastic!

Thanks Russ! It's in the write up at the beginning, but my current btg time is 8:39 on hankook s1 evo road tyres. This year will be my first year on 15's and r888's so a realistic aim is sub 8:30. I aim to get there for as soon as the track opens so there's less traffic on tf days and go out to do my laps.

172, Tiguan
The car looks great!

Who do you use for TF insurance btw? Big discussion on Northloop at the mo about insurance because it seems the last company offering 3rd party cover has pulled it from their policies. :(

Also - and I can't tell from the pictures if it effects you - but do you have door bars on the cage? You might struggle to get on this year, although they were letting it go last weekend and pulling people up for snap off bosses and ears on the seats. It's a right old lottery. I'd fail on all 3. Bad times.

Last edited:

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I can't believe there's not many pictures of this car.

All in good time my friend!
The car looks great!

Who do you use for TF insurance btw? Big discussion on Northloop at the mo about insurance because it seems the last company offering 3rd party cover has pulled it from their policies. :(

Also - and I can't tell from the pictures if it effects you - but do you have door bars on the cage? You might struggle to get on this year, although they were letting it go last weekend and pulling people up for snap off bosses and ears on the seats. It's a right old lottery. I'd fail on all 3. Bad times.

Thanks mate, appreciate the comments. The general consensus is that they aren't so bothered about the door bars (which I have, the x style) but the ears on seats and snap off steering bosses are the big no no as it stands. I know a lot of guys that run door bars and have been on tf.

Just put German number plates on the car Jon, they wont care then lol ...

Agree with comments above though, more pictures required of this car!!

Lol! I have a German police trade union sticker in my screen, and funnily enough they look at it and wave me on through!!

I will upload more pictures soon mate. Just in the middle of getting my house ready to sell atm, so that unfortunately takes precedence. No matter how boring it is!!

172, Tiguan
Thanks mate, appreciate the comments. The general consensus is that they aren't so bothered about the door bars (which I have, the x style) but the ears on seats and snap off steering bosses are the big no no as it stands. I know a lot of guys that run door bars and have been on tf.

The doorbar thing only kicked in recently, so it might become more of an issue soon. It will if you pick a weekend when the TUV men are there. lol.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
The doorbar thing only kicked in recently, so it might become more of an issue soon. It will if you pick a weekend when the TUV men are there. lol.

Luckily for me mine are removable - albeit a right b*****d to do so!! I'm there the weekend of the dtm as well. If they don't let me on and get funny I'll tell them the Jews and the gas chamber joke. Bound to go down a storm! :quiet:

Just read one of your posts on the epas thread and wondered if you'd made a start or started planning for the supercharger install you mentioned ?

I'm day dreaming over S/C's so I was curious how you were getting on and thought your build thread would be a good place to ask ?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Just read one of your posts on the epas thread and wondered if you'd made a start or started planning for the supercharger install you mentioned ?

I'm day dreaming over S/C's so I was curious how you were getting on and thought your build thread would be a good place to ask ?

Hello, no not even looked at it tbh. I dropped on to some choice bits and pieces for the engine which means its going down the high comp screamer route now.
I don't have a build thread either I'm afraid.