ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Cup

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Thought i'd share this picture of my cup on here as a few users have asked to see more pictures of it!

The car is currently sitting ready to do a few trackdays to test out some modified hubs and other components that have been fitted to the car. It's sporting some 15" turinis and 205/50 R888's. Just needs a new set of centre caps to finish them off.

Once the testing is done it's onwards to the Nurburgring in August where i'm aiming to go sub 8:30 btg. Best time to date is 8:39 on the 16's and a set of 195/45 hankook evo S1's! This will be my first year on 888's so i'm hoping to fully exploit the extra grip that will be available!

Anyway, here's the picture. Possibly not to everyones taste, but hey i like it! Lol!

8711314910_11525a4540.jpg

Ready for the nordschleife! by NorthloopCup, on Flickr

C&C welcome.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Amazing mate, thats some time around the ring?!? How familiar are you with it??

I've done around 300 odd laps around the ring mate and I've been going over there for years! I can remember back in the day when it was rare to see another uk registered car over there, but now they're commonplace! Lol!

In answer to your question, I'm very very familiar with the ring mate! I could possibly name every single little pothole tbh! Lol

Cup In bits
Mirror James's comments, I love the colour combo but you know that. Definite time to be had with those tyres, I killed my Hankooks at a trackday.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Awesome car Mark but you already know my feeling about it :)

Thanks James!

Looks fun. :)

It most certainly is that mate!

Mirror James's comments, I love the colour combo but you know that. Definite time to be had with those tyres, I killed my Hankooks at a trackday.

Thank you swede! I'm going off if the tyres give me a second a mile at the ring, I'm well in to my target time of sub 8:30 tbh. Probably take a few sighters to get a feel for the 888's, then it's time to go chase the bigger boys! Lol

Very nice :)

Thank you mate!

Thanks to everyone else who's commented as well. :)

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Cool, I love a bit of car p**n!

You'll have to bare with me though before I get some interior shots! Lol

Full spec? Looks epic.

Not really much to say about the full spec dan. It's running a full grp timing/ecu setup on the engine, stripped out and caged interior with recaro pole positions and a set of revalved kw v2's. There's a little more to the suspension spec than just coilovers though. ;)

Cup In bits
Have you got a friendly tester Mark or did it pass with full group n settings? And when you say full group n is that exhaust and inlet adjustments?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Have you got a friendly tester Mark or did it pass with full group n settings? And when you say full group n is that exhaust and inlet adjustments?

Yes mate I do indeed have a friendly tester. It's de-catted as well so it's difficult to say how much it affects emissions. Yeah inlet is advanced and exhaust is retarded. The ecu has its idle speed set at 1200rpm to try and smooth the tickover out, but you can just tell something's a bit different.

Countryman JCW
I've done around 300 odd laps around the ring mate and I've been going over there for years! I can remember back in the day when it was rare to see another uk registered car over there, but now they're commonplace! Lol!

In answer to your question, I'm very very familiar with the ring mate! I could possibly name every single little pothole tbh! Lol

This is exactly why you are going to be taking me on a lap of the ring before i attempt it ;)

Cup In bits
Will try this sometime and get it remapped with higher idle, did it idle without ecu or did you not try. Mine with inlet advanced circa 5 degrees just about stayed going but hunted and stalled far to easy taking away.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Will try this sometime and get it remapped with higher idle, did it idle without ecu or did you not try. Mine with inlet advanced circa 5 degrees just about stayed going but hunted and stalled far to easy taking away.

I'm running a genuine grp n ecu mate so I've never bothered with the stock ecu on it since its had the grp n settings on the timing. Just advancing the inlet alone will improve mid range, but it'll be on the bones of it's arse higher up the rpm band.

Great little track car that.

​Thanks!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I'm in work tomorrow so will download it then bud and stick it in the post :)

And yes, come rebuild of the flamer, I know where i'll be heading for some parts. Appreciate it Mark ;)

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I'm in work tomorrow so will download it then bud and stick it in the post :)

And yes, come rebuild of the flamer, I know where i'll be heading for some parts. Appreciate it Mark ;)

Nice one oli! Remember to send your return address so I can return the stick as well.

​Ready when you are for the parts buddy!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
^^^ As that man above says mate. It's a genuine 197/200 cup racer roof vent. I fitted it because it just gets far to hot in the car during the summer months due to perspex windows that don't open, and tbh the little pop-it vents in the front and rear qtr windows ain't worth a w**k!! They bring nothing to the party whatsoever. I found this out stuck in a traffic jam on the Brussels ring road coming back from the ring!