ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio RS 200EDC

2017 Clio 220
Totally in love with the car, had it since September and I look forward to getting in it still everyday. Love the styling, the pops and the bangs, and one of the few that think the gearbox is pretty good! Totally standard bar KTR induction kit, gives it a bit of a nice grunt and some 'turbo whistle' now.

Just need to learn to drive it now haha!
Be nice to meet up with others soon, get some more Clio's on board with some stunning backdrops!

cv-rs-frtagl.jpg
cv-rs-rear.jpg
cv-rs-side.jpg

2014 Clio 200t edc
Hi mate. Lovely car and I really like them in red. How do you find the gearbox in normal manual mode (I mean not in sport/rs mode).
Does it change quickly enough? Really need to test drive one of these. Im impressed with the Clio 4 build etc so this is a must have for me at some point.

2017 Clio 220
Hi mate. Lovely car and I really like them in red. How do you find the gearbox in normal manual mode (I mean not in sport/rs mode).
Does it change quickly enough? Really need to test drive one of these. Im impressed with the Clio 4 build etc so this is a must have for me at some point.
I don't use it in normal auto mode, only crawling in traffic, but in normal manual mode its fine. If you are driving more 'progressively' shall we say, you switch to sport/race and its even better.

I would agree you're not as connected to the car as maybe once was, like in the 1*2's but its a different animal altogether being bigger, being 5 door etc. Great little car imo

2017 Clio 220
if we get @stacky involved as area rep, why don't we start a new thread of who's active in Cornwall? Then arrange a mini meet for some photos and stuff :)

Also, those that know the area, I work for Dales (obviously) and we are willing to rent our Heartlands in the new year to have a big CS.net meet for all of us.... should we have enough interest :)

For now though, lets start a new 'Devon/Cornwall CS member' list and see what comes of it?

Clio 182 - RB
New new ones come with LED's... I will look to change it purely for this reason in March!
Will have keep an eye out, wouldn't mind one of these my self. Would have one of it come with better front lights. Just bought an A Class with halogen front light, such a let down to a nice car, but its for the other half, not me, so didn't 'care' too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BurnyC

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
Looks great, really like the colour! Need to get my photos up, I've only had it since April!

Been looking at the KTR induction kit, so good to hear a positive review. Always a bit sceptical about these things, sometimes they seem to have a negative effect if anything...

2017 Clio 220
they will probably be a plug and play swap like the mk2 xenons, mk3 projectors etc
It is a whole new bumper too, the DRL's are now in the 3 square RS logo shape, new tail lights etc and better interior too though? Im on a PCP on my car so maybe just as cheap to change haha!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
you could just change the headlights they look the same shape, and keep your current drl's -your probably right though jusr as cheap to change car lol.

mine is a pre facelift with the facelift interior etc as its one of the last

Clio RS 200T
It is a whole new bumper too, the DRL's are now in the 3 square RS logo shape, new tail lights etc and better interior too though? Im on a PCP on my car so maybe just as cheap to change haha!

Nice car man. I got my LY 200T (PCP) in October and loving it so far but like you when I see that the new facelift gets led lights I went around to my local dealer and said how much to change I was told it can't be done ! I am looking to change my front headlight bulbs as the standard are crap Tho not sure what to get hid or just decent bulbs ?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Nice car man. I got my LY 200T (PCP) in October and loving it so far but like you when I see that the new facelift gets led lights I went around to my local dealer and said how much to change I was told it can't be done ! I am looking to change my front headlight bulbs as the standard are crap Tho not sure what to get hid or just decent bulbs ?
dealers chat s**t! of course it will be possible! may not be plug and play but I bet its a bit of simple re wiring worst case

2017 Clio 220
this is the beauty of PCP though, keep changing cars for minimal outlay, keep upto date with the latest models, tech and the like. 9/10 for similar payment - its how I bought mine!

We sell a few this way too :)

2017 Clio 220
I'm curious...what do you class as minimal outlay?

ha, well it all depends on your dealer and personal circumstances, obviously. But, that all said, most people on PCP do so to achieve a certain monthly payment; I most certainly do.

What I class as minimal outlay is, for example like what happened to me, I can get the same car again for the same payment again, but with little/no deposit. Almost like upgrading your phone on a phone contract... just with wheels. 18" black ones in this case :smile:

Doesn't always happen of course, but like I said, depends on the dealer I guess?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Just FYI, this would read far less like a dealers "200T PCP promotion thread!" if you changed your username 😂:tonguewink:
What are the monthly numbers on it out of interest? Personally, i feel that Renault lost a load of customers due to Ford/VW/BMW's epic PCP/lease deals, so it would be nice to know how they compare.

2017 Clio 220
Just FYI, this would read far less like a dealers "200T PCP promotion thread!" if you changed your username 😂:tonguewink:
What are the monthly numbers on it out of interest? Personally, i feel that Renault lost a load of customers due to Ford/VW/BMW's epic PCP/lease deals, so it would be nice to know how they compare.

Wasn't intentional so apologies haha! I only mentioned it and then it went from there... I don't think it would be right of me to say too much more for that reason! I would love us to have this as a demo that I can run around in, but it is very much my own car :)

All I will say is I did shop around, I had company cars and leased cars for around 7-8 years so this was first purchase for a while. Agree though that Ford, VW and BMW are good first time round - but they carry little or zero equity once its finished, so any deposit is gone.

You can always message me if you wanted some numbers, then I wont get in trouble or sound too much like a Salesman!?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Wasn't intentional so apologies haha! I only mentioned it and then it went from there... I don't think it would be right of me to say too much more for that reason! I would love us to have this as a demo that I can run around in, but it is very much my own car :smile:
All I will say is I did shop around, I had company cars and leased cars for around 7-8 years so this was first purchase for a while. Agree though that Ford, VW and BMW are good first time round - but they carry little or zero equity once its finished, so any deposit is gone.
You can always message me if you wanted some numbers, then I wont get in trouble or sound too much like a Salesman!?
Ha ha, no problem at all!! Im from Penzance originally, so nice to see to see another Cornishman on the forum! To be honest, i wouldnt think anyone would mind being able to get some decent Renault numbers from someone - the sales manager on babybmw has sold over 200 M135i's from his forum deals alone, so its definitely a route that i think the dealers perhaps need to tap into a little better ... £200 is a great price for one i think, certainly cheaper than the Mini JCW at £289 deposit, £289 a month.
Re: the 200, i think it would benefit from some coilovers & speedline turinis (the CS.net wheel of choice 😂):
3_zpspp7zrrdz.jpg

IMG_2563_zpska2dv1xx.jpg

:up:

2017 Clio 220
they both look lovely, what are the second set - are they both 18" as both look bigger than mine?! I would love to change mine but I don't dislike the ones I have... coilovers just to bring it down a touch are on my shopping list for sure though, along with black badges and wrapping the diffuser etc I think!

As for the dealership thing, I am a lover of cars so selling them was a way of spending time with them without getting cold and dirty ha! I would like to get into selling them from the forums, but that is something I am looking in to with the admin and staff here first. Until then, by all means drop me a message and I can work a deal out for anyone.

But until then, its nice to show off the car and to speak with the few EDC members that are here!

Lastly, I am a Cornishman by postcode, not by birth... a permanent-emmet!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i was offered a 220 trophy for £299 deposit and £299 a month which I didn't think was too bad at the time! working it out with a calculator soon talked me out of it though and I ended up with a new DCi Dynamique S instead lol

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
Sir_Dave mentioned the babybmw forum dealer for unbeatable M135i deals, and he certainly has a great following - but for impeccable customer service too! He and the forum members have a mutually beneficial relationship. Personally, though, I still got mine from Ocean Falmouth, the deal was nearly as good, and I didn't need to travel to get it :up:.

Having recently had a new Clio hire car and realising I can just about fit my golf clubs in the boot :tonguewink:, I'd also be interested in deals available on new RS models :up:. Love the idea of chucking one of these about as a daily! I need to drive one of course, but it's hard to imagine a little RS Clio could match the m-lite for fun, practicality, drama, comfort, noise, fuel economy - (no joke 🙈) and bang per buck!

A trip to Newquay might be on the cards :smilingimp:.

2017 Clio 220
Sir_Dave mentioned the babybmw forum dealer for unbeatable M135i deals, and he certainly has a great following - but for impeccable customer service too! He and the forum members have a mutually beneficial relationship. Personally, though, I still got mine from Ocean Falmouth, the deal was nearly as good, and I didn't need to travel to get it :up:.

Having recently had a new Clio hire car and realising I can just about fit my golf clubs in the boot :tonguewink:, I'd also be interested in deals available on new RS models :up:. Love the idea of chucking one of these about as a daily! I need to drive one of course, but it's hard to imagine a little RS Clio could match the m-lite for fun, practicality, drama, comfort, noise, fuel economy - (no joke 🙈) and bang per buck!

Yeah, if you're keen then drop me a message and I will make sure I'm free to spend some time with you properly and have a decent drive in one too.

I travel from top of Redruth/Lanner to Summercourt and back everyday, so it gets used as a proper "daily" and I look forward to driving it everyday. Great little car!

2017 Clio 220
i was offered a 220 trophy for £299 deposit and £299 a month which I didn't think was too bad at the time! working it out with a calculator soon talked me out of it though and I ended up with a new DCi Dynamique S instead lol

Definitely deals to be done, same with dci though. Did you get the new new one? Looks lush!

Clio 182 - RB

I've tried finding M135i deals, can't find any good ones [emoji30]

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
I've tried finding M135i deals, can't find any good ones [emoji30]

Get over to the babybmw.net and contact the member on there by the username TRL :up:.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Definitely deals to be done, same with dci though. Did you get the new new one? Looks lush!
na I managed to get a cracking deal on a pre face lift, pre reg with delivery miles but being one of the last made it has the facelift interior, media nav evolution etc. I had a shot of the 1.2 TCe with the 6 speed manual now instead of the EDC box and it was a cracking car! bloddy pricey though!