ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my clio mk2 ph2 16v 5 door.... progress thread.... gulp

clio 5door sport rep
hi guys....

had my clio for just over 6 months now...

think ive done enough to start my progress thread on the beast... shes no finished yet still some other things i have on the horizon... but this is the story so far....

bough her off autotrader.... as you can see she was in a right state.... 4 different wheel trims on...one from a rover ??? fucked passenger door with horrendous respray on it.... horrible interior

IMG_0494.jpgIMG_0493.jpgIMG_0495.jpgIMG_0496.jpg

first thing i done was bought some cheap renault alloys.. got a set of powdercoated black ones... not to everyones liking i know but i thought theyd do for the time being
IMG_0730.jpg

heres them on afterwards
IMG_0754.jpg
after this i picked up a spoiler... again not to everyones tastes but i like it...
IMG_1131.jpgIMG_1178.jpg

after this we got the foglights bought and fitted..... god bless ebay
IMG_1169.jpg

after this was time to get the rs grill bought and fitted.... best mod by far i reckon
IMG_1178.jpg

afterwards i decided was time to spruce up the callipers... decided to go with yellow ftw

IMG_1186.jpgIMG_1187.jpgIMG_1196.jpgIMG_1197.jpg
u should be able to see the state of the passenger door in the above picture....

afterwards we got some cs stickers on ;)
IMG_1190.jpgIMG_1214.jpgIMG_1204.jpg

then i decided i couldnt live with the horrendous door anymore... found a door with same paint code on ebay for 25 quid...took me and my mate about 5 hours to switch it.... had to remove lock...window motor and door card from the old door and transplant onto the new one...
IMG_1213.jpgIMG_1259.jpgIMG_1262.jpgIMG_1261.jpgalso scrubbed up my rear drums and painted them with gloss black hammerite
i then colour coded my sidestrips..... took a couple of days.... totlal cost of about 20 quid
and this is how she stands today
IMG_1273.jpgIMG_1278.jpg

next on the agendy is some light window tints to mayhbe just match my sunroof....

opinions and advice welcome ;-)

Attachments

• IMG_0754.jpg
    IMG_0754.jpg
    446.9 KB · Views: 99

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
coming along dude, get some tyre shine on there and some bumper black. Theres a few nice 5 doors on here, theres even one with a 172 engine iirc

clio 5door sport rep
172 engine? Geezo can't be arsed going to those lengths... Although I'm sure he gives a few folk a fright at the traffic lights lol.... Got some tyre shine and bumper shine actually... Detailing is noty strong point tho

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
If it was mine I'd get a brighter set of alloys. Black and that colour just don't go imo. Also I'd lose the spoiler and get a nice fitting one!

Looks well though, have seen a few nice 5 doors on here. Maybe look at them for some inspiration!

clio 5door sport rep
got a set of silver 16 inch alloys I'm going to refurb and put
On. Black ones are ok for time being... Think you either love them or hate them :)

clio 5door sport rep
bk ones... Can't mind the name. Would live to splash out on a nice set of lenzo alloys but my sensible head tells me not to be stupid and spend too
Much.... was thinking of refurbing them and painting anthracite.... Got anthracite bullets sitting there that I got a few days ago

clio 5door sport rep
yeah had that feedback about the spoiler before... I hate the shape of the back of the Clio hence why I opted for the spoiler... what other spoiler would u recommend? as for the foggies... Auto electrics are out with my area of expertise... Paid wee mechanic down my way to wire them up for 40 quid... didn't have the brackets for the foglights to sit in but he used cable ties... And they are solid. wired them up to foglights on my stalk

Clio Authentique 1.2
what colour is this? Sorry for the noobs question :p and the pain code you used on side strips, its a quality finish by the looks of it mate :)

clio 5door sport rep
nv460 royal blue.... thanks. just followed the guide on here. came up brill. If you haven't bought the
Membership then I'd say defo buy it... Will help you alot.

clio 5door sport rep
  clio 5door sport rep
cheers dude... Still work in progress... Still to lower and run spacers... prob do that over next few weeks... Then I need to tighten the belt for the sport bumper and wings... :)

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Oh also I still think you really need to change the spoiler on that.

Get more pics up when you get more done.

clio 5door sport rep
cheers for the feedback guys....

heres a few more photos.... lowered it 40mm over past weekend..... looks good i reckon..... what u guys think?

low2.jpg

clio 5door sport rep
hey guys... been a while since last done anything but have finally got my sport bumper and wings sprayed and fitted... see pics... all missing now is a skoda fabia splitter i think... the sport sideskirts... and 172 rear bumper... then the jobs a good un ;-)
IMG_3170.jpg
IMG_3173.jpg

clio 5door sport rep
had planned to but realised I'll need bigger spacer than I had originally
Planned for... cause it's a non sport with sport wings the wheels sit in the arches a but... Need to get some 25 mm spacers I Think .

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
As always; I still don't like the spoiler :rasp:.

Apart from that mate it looks really tidy, good job :).

clio 5door sport rep
hahaha cheers bro... Toying with sport spoiler idea. Sport skirts and fabia splitter going on in few days

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
GET THAT SPOILER OFF! Sorry, I'm trying to be subtle.

182 alloys will look nicer than those 172s you just bought ;).

clio 5door sport rep
lol the spoiler is going youll be glad to know..... cup spoiler ordered today from cliospares :D 172 rear bumper being fitted next week aswell ;-) using the 172 alloys as winter wheels with snow tyres on em ;-) you liking it apart from the spoiler logie? if u want ill sell you the spoiler i know you love it really haha

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
You f*cker I wanted them for my everyday wheels lol. I need new alloys badly.

Oh yes, start a thread for that spoiler. I bet you will fetch a fair amount at an auction base for it ;).

Tbh it's the nicest 5 door I've seen on here (personally that is).

<troll>182 alloys make it look great, the 172 alloys will make it look horrid.</troll>

clio mk 2 5 door
just starting to mod my 5 door. sport grill and bumper is a must then lower. colour coding and splitter. will get some pics up when i give it a clean