ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My clio is gone, but 172 on the way

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
hi, after a long haul managed to sell the beast, last nite, then on the way home spotted a mrk1 172 for sale, the guy had it up for 5k as it is mint 37k standard, new pe2 all round just serviced, fin mint!, he is going traveling to south africa on friday and this was a last miniute sale for some extra cash..........................offered 4000 and he took it, after a long discussion with his g/f woppppppppieeeeeeeeee

pick it up on friday cant wait will get some pics up then, just spent 2.9k on insuing the b*****d but hey youi only live once.

my old car gone though

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
lol, gotta do it once though and i saved a packet on the car, there goin for about 5-6 k on trader, oh one thing to, the guy said it doesnt have a shift light or ally bonnet is this true, forgot to look

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I don't understand why u paid so much insurance. i'm 20 6points and i'm ins for 1100 on a 172.
Enjoy it tho, i get my 172 on SaTuRdAy!!!!!!!!!!!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
an 02 plate 172 mk2...thats all i'm sayin and yep sold the dynamique for good money!

VaVa
You must have more money than sense!! I wouldn't pay it on principal!!! £3000 insurance on a £5000 car??!!! Madness!!!

Make sure you enjoy it!!!

VW ....
AJRMOTORSPORT said:
I don't understand why u paid so much insurance. i'm 20 6points and i'm ins for 1100 on a 172.
Enjoy it tho, i get my 172 on SaTuRdAy!!!!!!!!!!!

no ... u do .... Ben is doing it off his own back .... u aint ;)

Still i personally wouldnt have paid all that for insurance but i'm sure u will enjoy Ben :)

2.9k!!! i dont get it, theyre not supercars! 7 seconds to 60 isnt exactly earth shattering lol. Mind, you dont have the best details to insure that car!

Tesla MP3 2021
stop lying ben,,,,,,u aint getting a 172.....dont you mean you getting this...

lada20tuning.gif

lol.....only kidding.....its a f**king sweet motor,well worth a 150mile all round trip.lol

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Because his mum will not be the main user of the car / or use the car at all! She is just used to get the premuim down. Same as not declaring mods really..insurance is void.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
good lad, living the dream. lets hope you don't stack it! ;)

Racing Blue 182
Martin. said:
Because his mum will not be the main user of the car / or use the car at all! She is just used to get the premuim down. Same as not declaring mods really..insurance is void.

Not totaly true though, if he insured in his mums name, he can put himself as the main dirver. The policy holder always has to be the reg owner and keeper of the car, so if his mum owned the car she would have to have the policy in her name.

We were just dealing with a claim at work where a policy was set up in fathers name and car registered in sons name. Son wrote off the Honda Civic type R, we have voided the policy and not paid out, had his father been the reg owner and keeper, we would have paid out.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
d u phone around for ins or just stick with ur current company??? u must b able to get a better quote than that!! i know its hard when ur young but ffs m8 dont let them rob u, i had a simular problem when i was 18 got a mk1 fiat uno turbo ( group 12 at the time ) as my first car and i was gettin quotes of up to £3000 to ins that but after a lot of work playing the ****ers against each other i got it down to £1300 which was'nt to bad imo, why not go tpft for first year???

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
nope. he hasn't

the buckets go in mine on Saturday mate!

at least they are going into another proper 172. the Mk1

Audi TT 225 Quattro
deff go tptf, 2k not as bad but still alot, i know most people hate mags like max power but have a scan in the back and ull pick up a good deal from a ins company thats advertised in there, im with a company in there called performance direct 08707870849 done my ins on valver for £300 tpft but im 24 with 4years no claims so that prob help. 2 of my friends also went with them 1 got vr6 other 320i coupe both got good quotes.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I would say never go TPFT on a car worth a serious amout of cash! I personally couldn't bring myself to pay anything more than about a grand on insurance, but you're only young once so just go ahead and enjoy it!

But, seriously, I would stick with Fully Comp on a 5 grand car! I was gutted when I lost £1500 worth of car when I was TPFT on a 106 XSi... never again!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Fred2001Dynamic said:
i'd go TPFT

mate you do realise you aren't gonna be able to touch it in terms of engine etc

They wouldn't let you insure a gp 16 car TPFT...

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
AJRMOTORSPORT said:

they have already quoted me 1375 tpff, cheers jay will try them, cant wait. gonna leave the engne, just changein to phs2 rear lights, siver visions and cupslplitter, if i can then will put ma viper on

AJRMOTORSPORT said:

Its got nothing to do with IG, its down to value of car I believe.

But £3k:eek: Go TPFT for a year at least.........Hats off to you for doing it yourself thou and not using mummy and daddy