ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio hates me and wants to kill me...

LOTS!
4 niggles to report folks, all of which need attention! And advise from the ClioSport guru's:

1: Braking performance just doesn't seem right? If I brake hard, I feel the ABS kick in for a second or two then all of a sudden there's virtually no braking going on and I start to roll to a stop :eek: . I seriously doubt if I had to do an emergency stop that this thing would do it... I'm very concerned. For a start, can anyone tell me where the Brake-Fluid reservoir is??? I can't find it! :eek:

2: I did an oil/filter change on Saturday. What a job! HOW difficult is it to remove the oil filter?! :mad: Took me ages! And ended up hammering a screw-driver through it and turning it with that. Anyway - The thirsty beeatch took on 5L of Silkolene and still wanted more :eek: ... Is that normal??? I've checked both the sump plug and the filter and neither seem to be leaking.

3: My friggin' Zenon Washer (drivers side) has developed a leak or something, so it's pissing all my washer fluid out onto the floor. It's not the jet itself, it's behind the bumper so I assume is where the pipe connects to the jet. Can anyone tell me how I can get into this to fix it? Please tell me I don't have to remove the bumper? :(

4: Driving to work this morning, something decided to p*ss water all over my feet & pedals from the under the dash/console. WTF! W - T - F !!! :eek: How have I got water inside my car and what the hell is it doing shooting out at my frikkin' feet???

Bloody french car :mad:

Help please kind people?? :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ive not got a clue as im no good with the mechanical side of cars but could the water be condensation from the air con ive heard about that?

i think the brake fluid is on the left side of the enigne bay right up the back at the bulkhead

LOTS!
Martin_89 said:
...could the water be condensation from the air con ive heard about that?

That's what a friend suggested... what does everyone else think? and besides - that still can't be right that it's coming from inside the dash - it'll short something out! :eek:

Martin_89 said:
...i think the brake fluid is on the left side of the enigne bay right up the back at the bulkhead
I'll check it out! Cheers.

Lionel Richie
NEVER EVER EVER hammer a screw driver through your oil filter!!!!

what happens when some "shrapnel" goes into the engine??

NOT WISE

buy the proper claw tool (about £15)

LOTS!
Fair comment - don't get me wrong, I wasn't about to take photo's, write a guide and ask for it to be sticky'd!!! Didn't actually know a claw existed - sounds good. I have a chain device thing but there's not enough room in there to actually lever the it around the filter.

Anywhoos - Can anyone else advise? Particularly on points 1, 3 and 4???

Bleed the brakes and change the fluid completly for some decient stuff.

3: My friggin' Zenon Washer (drivers side) has developed a leak or something, so it's pissing all my washer fluid out onto the floor. It's not the jet itself, it's behind the bumper so I assume is where the pipe connects to the jet. Can anyone tell me how I can get into this to fix it? Please tell me I don't have to remove the bumper? :(

You can get to the washer from the wheel arch jack the car up remove the wheel arch (very easy just a few clips) however its not easy you might find removing the bumper easier its not that difficult to do.

LOTS!
Eeep. That's a pain - especially as I already had it on the jack this weekend! Think I'll ask K-Tech to do it when I go there this Friday.

Thanks for the advice!