ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio Cup Acceleration (video!)

Iceberg 172 Cup
This is in the WET and i mean wet lol, could not get traction at all even with the ESP on.

Tried it with and without ESP. Still flies though.

We reckoned at just over 5sec 0-60?? :quiet:

With ESP;

th_Movie.jpg

Without ESP;

th_Movie_0002.jpg

What you reckon? :approve:

Titanium 182
f**king hell what happens when you put that thing in second gear o_O seems to almost instantly gain like 20 mph !

Iceberg 172 Cup
would that be why it looks so fast then? because the wheels are spinning, throwing the speedo out?

on the 2nd video if you look at 26seconds (when i set off) and look again at 22seconds (when the wheels have stopped spinning it's doing just over 60mph, thats about 4 seconds gap??? :D

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
ESP.... Do not class your car as a Cup. Your a fake! That's not the real thing ;) All these heaving 182 "cups" ;)

Does seem quick! What have you had done if anything?

Nippy white cup
Looks quick but I think the angle makes it look quicker...I think it's called paralax error iirc unless you can do 40 in 1st gear (I have no sound at work but thats what it looks like on the vid)

Chris

172 cup
sorry to burst your bubble but i make it like 7 or 8 seconds with esp and 6 or 7 without. Thats starting from the point where your actually start to slip the clutch in first to a true 60ish miles without wheel spin

Iceberg 172 Cup
Lol. Mate we've timed it. This car will do 0-60 in jst over 6 std.
Mine is stripped out. Bmc filter with caf. Decat with magnex system. Good going in my opinion. We will get more vidrs.

Iceberg 172 Cup
Lol. Mate we've timed it. This car will do 0-60 in jst over 6 std.
Mine is stripped out. Bmc filter with caf. Decat with magnex system. Good going in my opinion. We will get more vids and show ya.. X

Ph1
You sure you havent got the front wheels on axle stands?? lol

Certainly looks quick especially in the 2nd vid but the angle contributes

Golf R/Leon FR
imo its not as fast as your quoting, bad angle on the speedo and wheel spoin not showing a true read out

get a vid up in the dry and straight on the speedo. i agree with riley about 7secs on the 1st vid

ITB'd 182...
looks quick fella. but imo you shouldnt of posted this vid. will get alot of bad feedback

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
its the angle that its on. It looks likes its going a 110 at the end, but i bet its going about 90 or less....

Tullyvernon

Northern Ireland
ClioSport Area Rep
  Williams, Focus RS
its the angle that its on. It looks likes its going a 110 at the end, but i bet its going about 90 or less....[/QUOTE

The needles not that far off the dials! lol

the 1st i ok but the second has 2 much wheel spin to tell. as said get sum dry vids.

Iceberg 172 Cup
its the angle that its on. It looks likes its going a 110 at the end, but i bet its going about 90 or less....

lol! at this quote! it was 110mph thats why....

ask anyone with a 182 and listen to the sound of the engine, changes were on 'shift-light.

IIRC it will do around 115-120mph in 4th....

xx

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
A stripped out 182 does not do 60 in just over 5 seconds.

This.

I had mine stripped out, decat, Group N ECU, Supersprint ( one of only a few with proven gains on a dyno) and it was only as quick as a R32 in a 1/4 mile.

0-60 was around 5.8-6.0.

Never, ever in a million yrs will your 182 do 0-60 in just over 5 secs in wet with those few breathing mods ffs. Stop dreaming.

1998 BMW e46 323i
Get some software for a N series phone/iphone, the stuff that uses accelerometers and GPS to time your 0-60. Garage419 tested them and they are really accurate. I had one on my n95, it's freeware. The best I could do with a standard 172 mk2 was 7.4 seconds 0-62. Was pretty chuffed with that, book is 7.1 I think?

Some of my efforts were 9 seconds. You need the perfect launch, the perfect gear change etc. It's bloody hard work, and quite boring after a while.

Speedo vids are nothing

MCS R56
Get some software for a N series phone/iphone, the stuff that uses accelerometers and GPS to time your 0-60. Garage419 tested them and they are really accurate. I had one on my n95, it's freeware. The best I could do with a standard 172 mk2 was 7.4 seconds 0-62. Was pretty chuffed with that, book is 7.1 I think?

Some of my efforts were 9 seconds. You need the perfect launch, the perfect gear change etc. It's bloody hard work, and quite boring after a while.

Speedo vids are nothing

What he said! 0-60's are not easy to do well and speedo vids mean nowt.

Can you post a link to the freeware please?