ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio 172 track car

RB 182 Track Project
Hi Guys,

I've been a browser of the forum for a few years and have just purchased a 2001 clio 172, here's a few pics:

acc97546.jpg

d95e2358.jpg

de6d897d.jpg

0e2a0c01.jpg

8be92bb1.jpg

3301fb50.jpg

85727f60.jpg

Some of you may have seen the car before as I think the previous owner was a member on here.

Just gone off tonight to the garage for cam belt, cam belt kit, dephaser pulley, water pump, full service, x4 195/50/16 A048's fitted and fingers crossed It should be trouble free on my first track day next Saturday at Donington.

Thanks for looking.

RB 182 Track Project
Thanks for all the comments guys, yeah I bought it of Tim a really nice guy and proper track nut lol.:cheers:

340i
I really like that, not OTT with the decals :)

where in Chesterfield do you live? I will have to keep an eye out for it..

Who is doing the timing belt service on the car?

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I'm sure I once saw this at a petrol station in Dewsbury, is that where the previous owner lived?

Mini Cooper S
As others have said, for some reason the stickers work and the car looks pretty smart. Good luck with it!

clio 172
Nice to see her again! ;) Miss her already!

Was a great car while i had it, loads of fun. Was just time to move onto the S2000. Might bob down to Donington next Saturday

RB 182 Track Project
Thanks for all the kind comments guys.:cool:

Not thought about 15's if its a track car?

Yeah I'm going to buy a set after this track day mate, just want to see how I get on with it first.
;)
I really like that, not OTT with the decals :)

where in Chesterfield do you live? I will have to keep an eye out for it..

Who is doing the timing belt service on the car?

I'm in Inkersall mate, I'm not going to make the car road legal so might not see it about buddy.
My mate owns a back street garage in Brimington and he's doing me, he's had quite alot of experience with these and has all the tools, I struggled like mad to even find anyone in Chesterfield that would touch the cam belt TBH.;)

Nice to see her again! ;) Miss her already!

Was a great car while i had it, loads of fun. Was just time to move onto the S2000. Might bob down to Donington next Saturday
Alright Tim, I can't wait for this track day to come I'm like a kid at Christmas lol, yeah you should pop along and maybe give me some driving tips as It's been a few years since I did my last track day so will be really rusty ha.:p

P.s my mate is going in his Megane R26 engined 330bhp Clio Trophy and French car magazine are doing a feature on it while it's there:cool:

RB 182 Track Project
like the reg on the range rover sport....mr55pen...mrs spen

Haha cheers mate, I was going to have it MR 5 5PEN (Shane Spencer) but the wife drives it more than me :rolleyes: so thought it would be better as MR5 5PEN LOL.

rb182 cup
Haha cheers mate, I was going to have it MR 5 5PEN (Shane Spencer) but the wife drives it more than me :rolleyes: so thought it would be better as MR5 5PEN LOL.
its clever tho & ace...brave man for letting her drive it more tho,its mint

RB 182 Track Project
Is she all ready to go now then? What time do you start driving tomorrow?

Hope so mate, done cam belt and kit, cam seal kit, dephaser pulley, oil and filter, yellow stuff pads front disks, rear disks and pads, A048's x4, front 15mm spacers and noticed the gearbox was grinding into 3rd gear so changed the box oil and hope that sorts it if not new gearbox for next trackday.

Were getting there early to get a garage and think track opens at 8.30.

clio 172
Hope so mate, done cam belt and kit, cam seal kit, dephaser pulley, oil and filter, yellow stuff pads front disks, rear disks and pads, A048's x4, front 15mm spacers and noticed the gearbox was grinding into 3rd gear so changed the box oil and hope that sorts it if not new gearbox for next trackday.

Were getting there early to get a garage and think track opens at 8.30.

I'll probably be there at 10ish i think.

I had the gearbox go on me, i put that gearbox in and it has always done it but never got any worse, even with a few trackdays done, im not sure (im sure there has been discussions on here about this before) but its something that you can change in the gearbox. I never did as i didn't know what i was doing in that department and it never got any worse.

Might be worth searching on here though mate

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Like that, nice one.

Not tempted to take the fog's out if it's mainly going to be used for track though?

RB 182 Track Project
Well what a day I had yesterday, cracking weather and a really good turn out, I can officially say I've got the track bug!!! Love my little Clio lol really good car that really shows up higher powered cars.

The day went well and the gearbox held up all the way to the last lap when the chequered flag was held but by the end I could tell it was goosed.

Heres a few pics:

9f13fe4c.jpg

d5b94583.jpg

1d4c108c.jpg

837ae862.jpg

825cf7ac.jpg

f0e75bd9.jpg

9c08f247.jpg

7d1abc57.jpg

a77b976d.jpg

d4dd6c48.jpg

RB 182 Track Project
Need to do a little more stripping so fog lights can go but I'm gonna keep the stickers, never been a fan but these don't look to bad IMO just personal preference I suppose.

130i Road, 172 Track
Need to do a little more stripping so fog lights can go but I'm gonna keep the stickers, never been a fan but these don't look to bad IMO just personal preference I suppose.

Mate, it's your car, do what you like! I don't mind stickers but these look a bit random and I'm not into stickers of 'brands', like the Michelin and Koni stickers (especially if those brands aren't even on the car!). I'd go for something like Gordini stripes or 197 Cup racer stickers/stripes

This is alright:
URL]g

URL]

URL]

RB 182 Track Project
All 3 of those look well!!!

As said each to there own, I never fitted these and I don't think I'll be removing them.