ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio 172 Pearl Black Project

clio 172 phase 2
my clio 172 winter project ( nearly finished )

Small update sorted my brake switch out they work where they should now so thats a plus .

Ordered a few things from autosmart also :
Tardis
Acid wheel cleaner
Plastic restore
Got some aqua mist spray on wax simular to hydro 2 wax.

Goin on a 360 miles journey monday so not guna bother cleaning the car
Till i get back .

Loving the clio at the mo :)

clio 172 phase 2

Weird update :/

Basically last week i had to trek to reading to go on a training course its an all round 350 mile trip and knew id be deaf by the time i got there . So i went to my local carpet place got 2 meters of the thickest underlay they had and i layed that onto the boot floor and all up the sides and under the rear seats ! My god what a diffrence i think its lowered the noise by probally 30-35 decibels its so barable now i can manage long journeys haha . Anyways another pointless update .

clio 172 phase 2

Like 5.99 a meter mate , way cheaper than that dynmat and silent coat stuff . The drone has pretty much gone now only get some noise about 4-5 k . I havnt even taped it down or anything its just laying there lol

BlackGold 182
Re: my clio 172 winter project ( nearly finished )

ahh cool, i will have to have a look on ebay, even my standard exhaust i find droney and annoying.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

Yeah I'd be interested in this too! Had to give someone a lift the other day in the back (as I've got the harnesses it hate people clibing in the back but this was a one off) and they said it really was noisy in the back. So much so that they couldn't hear myself and the other front passenger speak!!

How many meters did you buy dan?

Keiran, this would be perfect for you having a baby in the back.

BlackGold 182

yeaaa thats what i was thinking mark, thats whats been putting me off the clio, just seems so noisy inside even standard.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

Yeah, not so much up the front but its the rear that's resonating and that can't be good for a little 'un. This stuff is worth a shot and its not going to break the bank to try it out.

clio 172 phase 2

Was around 5.99 a square meter mate . If you look on ebay there are endless materials that people use . That silent coat stuff is menna be really good but £80 bucks for the starter pack is pathetic . Worked for me guys thats all
I can say really

BlackGold 182

Is it underlay or foam? On eBay the underlay is expensive lol

clio 172 phase 2

Its like foam but its carpet underlay they use it for attic rooms to absorb noise through the ceilings . Its 12 mm thick

clio 172 phase 2

Was bored so thought id spray some plastics lol
u2utaju6.jpg

clio 172 phase 2

Right guys , its payday thursday im looking to get some spacers :/ i really dont know what size to go for ?

Also guna spend some dosh at spray shack , new interior dash strips , and a rear wiper blank .

Also i think my gearbox mount is on its way out seems to be a bit of movement . So will replace with a vibratech.

Also on the look out for a new steering wheel as mine has got a little worn .

With spacers i plan to go lower and arch roll the rear arches to lower that a little too .

I want to sort my sound system also ! Busy over the next month

clio 172 phase 2

Just ordered my anthracite dash strips from spray shack :)

clio 172

Looking really good dan. Wish i had the space and money to take mine off the road over the winter to give it a good once over and clean :) :) nice tidy motor

02 clio 172

I just happened to be browsing through projects as I've just bought my 2nd 172 after nearly 4 years, and realised your car is my old one :D Still looks pretty much like it did the day I sold it apart from the cup spoiler and splitter! I was the one who originally fitted the suspension and wheelsk in 2008... Thats all I can say is she looks like she's in good hands, good effort! Where in was are you from as I sold it to a lad in carmarthen.

clio 172 phase 2

I just happened to be browsing through projects as I've just bought my 2nd 172 after nearly 4 years, and realised your car is my old one :D Still looks pretty much like it did the day I sold it apart from the cup spoiler and splitter! I was the one who originally fitted the suspension and wheelsk in 2008... Thats all I can say is she looks like she's in good hands, good effort! Where in was are you from as I sold it to a lad in carmarthen.

Haha ive been looking for you mate got your name on all the history , the car was far from mint when i bought mate the guy just didnt look after it buddy . Ive spent a fortune doing this car to my standard im lucky the wheels where there in the first place :) this is well weird i must say lol. Should meet up mate i live in carmarthen regular up swansea though . Hoping to get cams after may :) whats your name
Bud

clio 172 phase 2

Anthracite dash strips will look nice dan. Are you getting any stickers lacquered in?

Ye mate got the rs logo on them looks really nice good price too ! Hows the 182 treating you recently ?

02 clio 172

Haha ive been looking for you mate got your name on all the history , the car was far from mint when i bought mate the guy just didnt look after it buddy . Ive spent a fortune doing this car to my standard im lucky the wheels where there in the first place :) this is well weird i must say lol. Should meet up mate i live in carmarthen regular up swansea though . Hoping to get cams after may :) whats your name
Bud

Haha, I honestly can say that car was most certainly the one I regret selling the most due to the handling and driveability of it! She was on around 35k when I had it, whats it on now? The guy seemed a bit of a d**k who had it off me, but just wanted it gone at the time as times were hard! It never missed a beat with me, brilliant little motor it was:D yeah we'll deffo have to meet up, your more than welcome to come to my house to see the new project 172 although she's been sent off next weekend to have the cage and seat rails fitted! Pm me your number buddy.

Cheers

Jamie

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

Should look rather tidy, ill look forward to te pics. Si's work does look good.

It's treating me alright dan. Got a few little updates that ill put on my project thread, but nothing to look forward to! Lol

Ive decided to drown grade too, splitter wise. I'm going for a skoda splitter as I cannot justify spending £120 on a new carbon one atm. You still want this one? I got it up on the ramps today and my pics/vids make it look new. It's proper mullered and snapped so its your call.

clio 172 phase 2

Haha, I honestly can say that car was most certainly the one I regret selling the most due to the handling and driveability of it! She was on around 35k when I had it, whats it on now? The guy seemed a bit of a d**k who had it off me, but just wanted it gone at the time as times were hard! It never missed a beat with me, brilliant little motor it was:D yeah we'll deffo have to meet up, your more than welcome to come to my house to see the new project 172 although she's been sent off next weekend to have the cage and seat rails fitted! Pm me your number buddy.

Cheers

Jamie

Its on 73,000 now mate bought it on 60.000 for £1500 with no mot . Basically it had two owners before i had it that was the guy you sold it too his names anthony then he sold it to a guy called matt who just abused it . It was a right state bumper was hanging off all sorts mate . Shes a minter now always gets attraction . And the noise is always complemented with system ive got
Onit . Its a superb runner atm only fault atm is a lazy thermostat . Other that that its spot on . The wheels could do with a refurb now there looking abit tired and my track pads have eaten them lol .

Whats your postcode bud

clio 172 phase 2

Should look rather tidy, ill look forward to te pics. Si's work does look good.

It's treating me alright dan. Got a few little updates that ill put on my project thread, but nothing to look forward to! Lol

Ive decided to drown grade too, splitter wise. I'm going for a skoda splitter as I cannot justify spending £120 on a new carbon one atm. You still want this one? I got it up on the ramps today and my pics/vids make it look new. It's proper mullered and snapped so its your call.

The skoda splitter is a bargain mate be rude not too , ive been thinking about the carbon splitter mate think ima leave it i live on a road with holes bigger than me lol so im goin to buy a new skoda one as mines had it .

02 clio 172

Its on 73,000 now mate bought it on 60.000 for £1500 with no mot . Basically it had two owners before i had it that was the guy you sold it too his names anthony then he sold it to a guy called matt who just abused it . It was a right state bumper was hanging off all sorts mate . Shes a minter now always gets attraction . And the noise is always complemented with system ive got
Onit . Its a superb runner atm only fault atm is a lazy thermostat . Other that that its spot on . The wheels could do with a refurb now there looking abit tired and my track pads have eaten them lol .

When are you up swansea next?? Ah I would have been devistated if id seen it with the bumper hanging off and stuff. Glad to hear its been well looked after though as I used to clean that car almost every day... due to being a car valeter at the time in swansea audi haha. My post code is sa10 7ub

clio 172 phase 2

Im in swansea uni thursday for half hour as my girl friend has a interview for somthing . I clean it everyday polished every other weekend you turning your new one into a track car

02 clio 172

Im working afternoons next week so, maybe the week after or somthing we'll have to meet up! Yeah I bought it quite locally the other day, its been painted white with a set of 2118's on it so its a good base to start with! I'm hoping to do a few hillclimb events and the odd trackday here and there to get used to it, then off to the ring in september if funds allow :)

clio 172 phase 2

Plans sound good mate theres a hill climb not far from me been there a few times. I cleaned my recaros today and gave the car a quick wash this grit is doing my headin lol

clio 172 phase 2

Few rubbish pics with a mate :

typu6epy.jpg

adanebe3.jpg

zamu4y8e.jpg

ge5y4u2y.jpg

Goin to be lowering my car a little more i think doesnt look right to me at this height needs more rake !

BlackGold 182

looking good dan, your right though the front needs to be a bit lower. whats the 182 lowered on?

clio 172 phase 2

The 182 is on apex springs mate , pretty sure his shocks are gone though as its far lower than my other mates 182 on apex . Think il drop the front on mine another 10 mm and 20 mm spacers up front .

BlackGold 182

i thought it was apex, mine is the same height even though springs were used they have now settled a bit more and think its a perfect height lol just now perfect comfort

clio 172 phase 2

Small update :

Just bought some 16 mm spacers for the front should make the stance a bit better will lower it a tad more when there on .

Will get pics when they arrive