ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio 1.2 16v wont rev up

Clio
I wonder if anyone out there could help me out? I Bought a Clio 1.2 16v for my wife. Only had the car about a month and it has suddenly developed a problem. It idles quite high but wont rev up. There is also the orange light on in the dashboard that is like a glowplug light/ heart monitor. Have plugged the little fault computer and it flashes up the codes
P0609....Control Module VSS Output 'B'

P0225....Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch 'C' Circuit

P0120....Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch A Circuit

I swapped the excellerator peddle unit to test and still the same. Checked a few of the connections and still nothing. so if anyone could help or give me any ideas it would be much appreciated.
regards
Alistair

Clio
Hi thereThe car is a 2003. The engine slightly revs with a push of the pedal but its hardly noticeable. It is a electronic throttle and I did swap one over to test and that was the same

Clio 172 Phase 2
Hi thereThe car is a 2003. The engine slightly revs with a push of the pedal but its hardly noticeable. It is a electronic throttle and I did swap one over to test and that was the same

Have you checked round the engine bay, wiring, hoses etc. Make sure they're no splits, or perishing of hoses.

Does the engine seem to sound ok when its running? Not misfiring etc?

If you have the trip computer on the end of the wiper stalk, you could try the on board diagnostics thats built into most MKII's, theres a guide here with the meanings of the codes - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?109201-The-Clio-Mk2-fault-finding-dashboard-trick

Clio
Will give they things a check tomorrow to see if i can see anything. Thanks for that. will let you know how i get on. cheers.

Clio 1.2 16v Extreme
Sounds like a top loom issue or a monkey Throttle Body Potentiometer. Nedds to go on CLiP really for a definitive answer.

Clio
Hi there
I checked out the wiring on the car and everything seemed fine. But when i unplugged the wiring from the box at the back of the head it was damp a bit. So i blew it out with airgun and dried it. Started the car and it revved up no bother and it ran really smooth. cheers for advice. panic over.

Clio 172 Phase 2
Hi there
I checked out the wiring on the car and everything seemed fine. But when i unplugged the wiring from the box at the back of the head it was damp a bit. So i blew it out with airgun and dried it. Started the car and it revved up no bother and it ran really smooth. cheers for advice. panic over.

Glad to hear it’s solved it. If you decide to have that loom replaced, Renault have changed it slightly to supposedly stop the ingress of water, the loom is seated in a different type of plastic to protect it, might be worth a shout if it happens often.

Hi there
Did this stay fixed, or did the fault return??