ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio 1.2 16v Mod ideas?

Renault Clio 1.2
Hi everyone, first thread on the forum, I've been looking on a lot of previous threads with a similar subject and was wondering if anyone had any advice on what I should or shouldn't do.

Not looking to increase the power as I know that things like remapping are pointless on a naturally aspirated engine as small as this. Just cosmetic mods that aren't too difficult for a novice.

Bear in mind that I'm 19 and a student working about 20 hours a week for £6 per hour :cry:. So nothing too expensive.

The car currently:
IMG_0237.JPG

Mods done already:
Colour coded dashboard trim
20161023_150306-1.jpg

Black wrapped diamonds (Front and Rear)
20161023_150325-1.jpg

Black alloys (Painted myself)
20161023_150245.jpg

Mods planned:
Powerflow back box fitted Wednesday 2nd August (Will try to upload a before and after clip if I can work out how!)

Thanks for looking everyone
James Sharpe

Hi mate, I'd say colour coding is always a good option. Doesn't cost much- you can do it yourself. Get the paint made up from Halfords or auto-paint in St. Helens. You could also spray your side bullets in silver/black etc to give it a sport look. Pretty sure there's a guide on here in the members section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
To be honest, it looks pretty good already.

Just chuck a cheap K&N cone filter on it for comedy noise, some decent tyres, and then leave it at that. Save your money for a more fun car, and make the most of the performance you have :)

Renault Clio 1.2
Thanks for the replies, painting the side bullets black was something I was considering but I'm a bit unsure about how difficult the plastic is to sand as it already has a rough texture to it. A guide on what grade of sand paper to use would be appreciated.

I like the 172 rear bumper idea, I think the painting costs may be a bit steep though. I'll look into it as I think it could look really good with the paint matched to it.

I don't know if the K&N cone filter will fit onto my engine as the airbox covers the whole engine not just the air filter. Mixed with the powerflow back box will be loud :smile:

I'll post a video on Wednesday or Thursday of the new exhaust if I work out how, to see what you think.