ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My car is alive again!!!

Iceberg 172
Well what a few weeks it's been!!!

Last Monday (29/11) I was having problems starting it. So I went to my brothers work to get a new battery.

That didn't cure it.

So ordered a new starter motor and was going to get it fitted on Wednesday (1/12).

Then it fooking snowed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So had to wait until Wednesday the 8th!!!!!! Just to get it down there!

Went to pick it up on Wednesday night to find it was running on 3 cylinders!!!!!

So thought it must be the plugs after checking the leads. Fitted new plugs and it was still running on 3! Needed new plugs anyway so not bothered and after further inspection is was DEFINETLY an injector!

Luckily DannyR was breaking his ph1 and I got 4 injectors today from him (5 hour round trip!!! lol).

Just fitted them and it's alive again!!!!

Such a good feeling and with new plugs (have a receipt for a full service just before I bought it 3000 miles ago but the plugs clearly weren't replaced!) it is so different!! It's revving like it never has before and feels really lively and throttle response is amazing!

2 weeks without driving it and after a 10 minute spirited drive I'm so happy and back in love with the little Clio!!!!

Iceberg 172
Just been driving for 45 minutes and it's still on... I'm hoping when I go back to it and start it up it might be off!

Iceberg 172
My brothers a mechanic and I definitely didn't get my hands dirty so wouldn't call it diy! Lol.

It's running so well even 4 up taking the gf, mum and auntie shopping it feels quick!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
My injectors went last week as well, how random! :) Mine is also getting sorted slowly ;)

Iceberg 172
Just came back to the car because I was bored of shopping, started the car up and the EML light was still on, turned it off and started it again and it's turned off!

Such a small thing but I'm over the moon!!! I hate warning lights on the dash more than the car not working I think!!!