ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my car before clio...

Audi TT 225 Quattro

i found a couple of old photos that i had of my old car a mk1 fiat uno turbo, this was my first car after passing my test which i owned for almost 4years untill it died ( cambelt snapped:sick:) last nov, i really really miss this car, was putting out 170 bhp and weighed 850kg , thing was fast as f**k and would kill my valver hands down!! hoping my 2.0l with cams will give me some of that old feeling i used to get when the thing came on boost???

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a117/jay16v-/scan0001.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a117/jay16v-/scan0002.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a117/jay16v-/1.jpg

and my old baked bean cans...

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a117/jay16v-/uno6.jpg

and my valver now waitin for 2.0l to go in ....

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a117/jay16v-/DSC01501.jpg

so what do u thinks better old or new???

A well built VW

Valver looks soo much nicer , more stylish

FIAT sounds like a bit of a monster used to have a mate with one of these - now has a 450 bhp supra (b*****ds not that im jealous)

S2000

I think the valver looks better but I would have the uno over the valver purely because it sounds like it would be a fun and fast car to drive - even if it would be a bit lethal. BTW how old were you when you passed your test as that UNO must have cost a forune to insure.

Audi TT 225 Quattro

i was 18 when i passed my test but didnt get this till i was 19, 1 of the main reasons i brought this is because of ins cost, as prev to buying this i got given an h reg mk fiest bonus 2 1.1 with bigends gone in eng and sounding like a tank. was gona put a new eng in that and have that as a run around for a year, got an ins quote on it thinking its gona b about £600 tptf but came back with some bullsh*t quote of £1100 tpft, at the time my m8 was selling his mk1 uno turbo which he had just had rebuilt and resprayed, he said i would b able to get ins on it pretty cheap so gave it a go thinkin no way r thay gona do this.. phoned up £1300 tptf, due to it being group 10:eek: . sold the fess for £900 with eng f**ked and brought the car for £1300. eng is 1.3 8v turbo, was putting out 130bhp for first year on the 1st new turbo that came with it,slight boost inc;) due to paying so much each month on ins. bigger turbo came next year followed by other things inc universal hks bov which sounded unreal with 1.3 bar coming from it. car was also extremly lowered on koni adj which were set rock solid, also had front and rear strut braces which made it handle like a go-kart, flyin outta a corner with that bov whistling, then flooring the pedal to hear that turbo suck EvERYTHING in and them baked bean cans screaming away. i miss this so so much:(

Audi TT 225 Quattro

thanks for comments about clio, i do love my clio and the way it looks (hope im not kissing my own ass here:oops: )which is why i brought it, just in the process of try to sort out the power issue, got my 2.0l ready and waiting to go in at hillpower, just waiting till the end of the month so i can sort out the money for the cams;) . ive kept the org wheels and lights so that thay can b changed if need b if i were to sell it. ive bin all the std suspension as they decided to leak everywhere and put avo coilovers on. oh and ive got a set of 16v badges on each rear quater panel which i know most peep on here hate but i dont mine them so they stay for now.. again thanks for all comments , i of to bed now as i have to be up for work tommorow at 06:30am ouch just relised the time, bye

1.6 16v clio priv

Only thing gonna give you the feeling of a turbo is a turbo, supercharger or nos. Apparently a renault 5 turbo will fit straight on to an old clio. Not sure about the technicals though or if it would even fit, I did see an old one with an intercooler on though so it had to have a turbo. Never heard of a supercharger and youll have to keep refilling nos.

By the way is nos actually any good. Loads of people rave on about it I know it will add 2-300 bhp to my girlfriends dads inpreza but what about a clio.

182 and 5 GTT

uno turbo for your first car! i couldnt get insured on a 1.4 when i passed! The valver looks really nice mate, but you gotta love the old school cool of the uno turbo!

Audi TT 225 Quattro

wheels on my clio r lenso kr5 in17s prob look abit smaller due to havin a dish, wheels on uno were 14" fox alloy which came with car and were prob 1 of the reasons it handled so well. i wouldnt mine an r5 turbo eng in clio but have gone for a 2.0l insted as i use it everyday and reliabilty didnt came high on 1.4t wishlist. as i said reason i got uno was because it was so cheap to ins being £200 more than the 1.1 fess....

2004 1.2 Dynamique

:D the wheels on the valver look ace mate, the uno is quality looks spick and span, good work!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

they unos are ment to be cheap as f**k to insure, my mate was trying to flog me one off that needed a bit of work. to be honest id rather have my 1.2 clio though, uno would have been a quality second/track car though but i just thought it would be too old and possibly unreliable for a first car. plus the fact id kill myself lol

E60 diesel powah

mint wheels on valver

wana swap for turinis lol
[Edited by dutty_112 on 12 September 2005 at 11:58pm]

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

.... one thing to add, that motor straight line, was quicker than a clio 172/type r civic, ITR as i had a few races etc and beat every type r up to a ton...... actually overtaken, and it never rattled either..... interior was better in terms of build than my cup is

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

cheers, also it never gave me any grief, the engine had never been apart, and i sold it around 80 thou, i want it back :cry:

Audi TT 225 Quattro

i also had a mk2 which i got for £80 with no tax or mot and a f**ked turbo but i only wanted the manifold so that i could fit the hybrid garrett i had ordered.mk1=ihi mk2=garrett ( better turbos on spinup, but dont last as long imo). also had 3 mk1s aswll for spares, 1 of them had a seriously powerful eng which when i stripped the car i noticed it had SPLITT the shell comp in half under the carpet behind both front seats:eek:

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

I absolutely rinsed a uno turb on the way back from trax. I do love em though....

Tbh though mate you aint ever gunna get the turbo pull feeling from any n/a! I reckon my mates 1950 RST feels faster than my clio when your in it when i reality its not....

Oh and the 17s look good but will be killing your valver in terms of pace