ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Avus Silver 3.2 V6 TT

I like it. Classy looking in an understated colour.

But the wheels are awful and you should have waited and got a red one.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Pleasant enough daily driver I reckon, not exciting or interesting particularly, but a good car none the less.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I like it. Classy looking in an understated colour.

But the wheels are awful and you should have waited and got a red one.

Cheers Dan. I really like the colour. Part of me didn't want Red because not blowing my own trumpet but it would look immaculate after detailing, attracting even more c***s/attention to it. Was in the back of my mind.

Hairdressers car.

How's yours?

Not a big fan of tt's but it looks tidy enough. Wheels are s**te

Pmsl! <3

Pleasant enough daily driver I reckon, not exciting or interesting particularly, but a good car none the less.

Cheers Chip, like I said it was bang on what I wanted in a car. I realised getting the 1.8 would have been a really bad idea.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Boss at work done it on his and I really don't think it sounds much different, neither does he. Still sounds epic anyway.

It's physically impossible for it not to sound different at lows revs. If it's open it's louder. It's kinda that simple.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
1.8T: 1461 kg (3214 lbs)

3.2: 1520 kg (3344 lbs)

Not sure if that means much.

Turbos.
I actually like the wheels!

They are nice cars and a shrewd purchase. My only issue is the owners, which seem to act like they are driving an uber-baller car just because it is a TT. Seems to be a recent thing with Audis, i get tailgated by friggin A1s! They are tarted up Polos, you mugs!

Anyway, didn't mean to go off on the rant... enjoy the car and get better photos up!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Sorry i haven't commented, I had to visit Thorpe park to reply to this to make sure i wasn't bored to death. I'm on nemesis right now and amazingly feeling very slee....

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I don't know, but people should be made more aware. Its probably more than those idiots putting BBQ's in tents.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Nice TT fella really do like avus silver, very good upgrade over the frp imho:D!!!

The wheels you have fitted are the standard V6 18" alloys ( made by ronal ) same as what i have fitted;) The other 9 spoke ( called RSTT's ) came on some V6's if they were specked with them or the split rim BBS's ... there is a set of the bbs's for sale on the TTF if you are interested in them?

I have a set of Eibach springs to fit to mine just need to pull my finger out and get a set of bilstein B8 shocks to go with them, hoping not to need rear tie bars:S

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
Have one of these on the drive but convertible with BBS RS2 split rims, in Dolomite grey with magma leather. engine sounds superb, top 10 best sound V6s easily, DSG box is amazing, you'd never realise til you drove one, throttle blip on down-change is perfect, seamless changes up or down, and the V6 is what the TT always needed! Watch for the dash clusters/gauges, always go wrong, tell tale sign is half full fuel gauge when the car runs out of fuel!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Sorry i haven't commented, I had to visit Thorpe park to reply to this to make sure i wasn't bored to death. I'm on nemesis right now and amazingly feeling very slee....

Nemesis is at Alton Towers sweet cheeks. x

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the comments chaps. Mpg took a nose dive today. That flapper mod makes revs a little addictive in the right environment.

Need to find a tunnel!

Never above 25mpg
I like the thought of the engine but not a huge fan of the styling although when they first came out they were pretty.

I'd have to have red leather if it was mine but the one thing that puts me off is the hatchback style bootlid, don't know why!

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Personally, I would've went for a 5dr Mk4 R32 BUT I can see why you chose the TT (HeavyBent™)

Clio 172
so a 2 seater really then

You can get one person in the back, if you get them to sit behind one seat, legs behind the other. I'm 6 foot 4 an physically couldn't get in the back, roof was to low and there's simply no leg room.

I find the front spacious though

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Absolutely stupid!

I can fit in with a small front driver or passenger and my daughter loves it but as a 4 seater? Not really.
Looks good mate - i've driven the later 3.2 and I must admit it felt rapid:race:

Thanks mate. Seems to be doing around the same fuel consumption as the Frp at the mo outside of blasting now and again.