ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Avus Silver 3.2 V6 TT

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Hi chaps! Some shots of the new steed. Popped down to Gatwick last Thursday with the Boss and picked it up, so far after a week... i'm loving it. It's suits my needs and wants in a car to a tee. And the noise, it sounds like a proper car with a proper engine!

A massive thanks to Ant and Rob (of EvilGiraffe fame) for giving the car a good look over. Definitely owe you boys one.

It was at the right price after some playing hardball and it's a great base for a project and some mods.

Anyway, apologies for the quality, f**k knows what i'm doing wrong, they look great until I upload them to Flickr! :(

Wheels were clearly looked after...

7604896822_88a1315d24_b.jpg

After... A tad better!!

7604898098_4e96fe5772_b.jpg

Enjoy...

7604845332_5a9af89c1f_b.jpg

7604845922_221e1bd5b8_b.jpg

7604846486_d37cfb3c1b_b.jpg

7604847974_4535a4a014_b.jpg

7604847320_5458981567_b.jpg

7604854750_085b88c05e_z.jpg

7604844810_460099d51d_z.jpg

7604849460_8d7bb91d79_b.jpg

Some shots from this morning... Zaino working it's magic...

7604898954_aaca6c3531_b.jpg

7604899852_e5de61f14e_b.jpg

A cheeky vid, flapper mod done. :eek:

Plans:

LCR splitter fitted next week.

Possibly some Eibachs, the H&R's are not good enough sadly. Not sure if I want to risk spoiling the superb ride quality, the handling is more than good enough for me at the moment.

Possibly some R32 ARB's.

Major correction detail in August/September, it needs it!

Wheel Refurb at some point.

Can't think of anything else at the moment.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Looks mint Kev, really very nice. I wasn't a fan of the colour at first but that looks great.

Re the wheels, not tempted to go for the 18's?? They look MUCH better IMO. Especially if you're going for refurb yours anyway, buy some f**ked 18's (then they're cheap enough) and have them refurbed?

I can't believe we didn't go for a beer if you were in Bromley though.

P.s - so it IS auto, right?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You never read all the thread. Red ones were all pants unless yo want to pay 6k to get half decent miles! Condition was more important than colour, especially considering I loved this colour anyway.

Oh and DSG is waaaay better for me, just took ages to realise! I'll struggle to go back to a manual as my main car now. What a superb box!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It looks like a nice car. That's all I have to say really.

If it was Red/another colour and had nicer wheels and you'd just detailed it then I'm sure i'd be saying ''OMG that's stunning''.

Sorry I can't be more enthusiastic mate.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Gotta echo dan I'm afraid. No I stopped reading the thread after page 465 ;). So long as you're happy though, dsg is fair enough but I do wonder if you'll get bored of silver pretty quickly.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Looks mint Kev, really very nice. I wasn't a fan of the colour at first but that looks great.

Re the wheels, not tempted to go for the 18's?? They look MUCH better IMO. Especially if you're going for refurb yours anyway, buy some f**ked 18's (then they're cheap enough) and have them refurbed?

I can't believe we didn't go for a beer if you were in Bromley though.

P.s - so it IS auto, right?

They are 18's. :( I love OEM mate, i'd only change for BBS.

It's semi auto, I just drive about because race car using the paddle shift, it really is a genius box, the upshifts and down s***s are incredible in manual mode. Auto mode is a dream and sports mode is very good.

H&Rs not good enough

Looks tidy, nice audi badge on the calipers ;)

Oh yeah, tey're going back to Silver, not sure what the calipers are all about! H&R's weren't built for the V6, lowers the front too much, the eibachs are stronger mate. I can get a set for £160.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It looks like a nice car. That's all I have to say really.

If it was Red/another colour and had nicer wheels and you'd just detailed it then I'm sure i'd be saying ''OMG that's stunning''.

Sorry I can't be more enthusiastic mate.

Totally understandable mate. Buying a car that was 30k meant I had to use my head and bought this one over a worse condition Red one. Also there are 2 Red ones within a square mile of my house so mine is actually rare!

Gotta echo dan I'm afraid. No I stopped reading the thread after page 465 ;). So long as you're happy though, dsg is fair enough but I do wonder if you'll get bored of silver pretty quickly.

I'm very happy with it mate. It's so so much car for the money. I failed to see anything on the market that would even come close to the all round package. The colour is a actually a blessing for me. Even detailing it last night felt so good not having to worry about all the little bits and bobs. It's a cracking colour in the flesh.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I meant these wheels, they are OEM, just look a lot better than what's on there. Make the difference between a great looking TT and TT IMO.

160_0701_et_01z+audi_tt_225_quattro+front_left_view.jpg

Oh and I couldn't agree more about being so much car for the money, it's insane what ££££ gets you compared to an a3 or anything really.

I was looking at spending 5k, couldn't believe what I could have.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Looks in very good condition kev! :)

Thanks Russ and thanks for all the advice mate.

I ended up with a very good car, the guy had spent a lot of money on it recently, brakes, Haldex service, long life service, plugs and coil packs replaced, 2x tyres and a few other things. Only thing I want to do is change the Dsg oil even though it's not due for another 10k miles.

Price the right oil for me? I think I priced it with discount about £60 from TPS.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I meant these wheels, they are OEM, just look a lot better than what's on there. Make the difference between a great looking TT and TT IMO.

160_0701_et_01z+audi_tt_225_quattro+front_left_view.jpg

Looks like a standard TT though. Not a fan of them on the V6 mate. I love the BBS ones.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Probably right mate, I actually think the S-line ones are a nicer wheel all round but i'd never fit them to a V6. Bit mental that way. :eek:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I agree with Rob. And I detest the BBS wheels! lol.

But I don't want to detract from the fact that I love the 3.2 engine and the gearbox is brilliant.

Last edited:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Nice place to sit I'm sure and does sound fantastic...but looks like the million other TTs that are out there!

They should have tried harder with the V6 to distinguish it from the rest of the range instead of the faux mesh around the pipes.

Bet it munches through the miles nicely though.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
See where you're coming from, doesn't stop you from being a plonker.

Agreed. I'm mental.

Nice place to sit I'm sure and does sound fantastic...but looks like the million other TTs that are out there!

They should have tried harder with the V6 to distinguish it from the rest of the range instead of the faux mesh around the pipes.

Bet it munches through the miles nicely though.

It really does. Did 500 miles in it last Thursday and it really was a great car for it.

Loos good mate but thought that you were looking at the new shape?

No chap. I don't like the new shape really apart from the RS and the S-line. The interiors are lovely though.

Not a fan, but I'm sure it's nice to drive, and I have no doubt you'll keep it tip-top.

It makes me cry that you sold an FRP for this, but it's your choice.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Looks nice. Not my kind of thing, but am sure it pleases you. If we were all the same it would be a boring place.

Im sure you will keep it immaculate though after seeing your frp topic.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I know what you're saying Roy.

It was the right time to sell though. I changed into a newer, allround better car and pocketed a small fortune to me.

I actually thought i'd miss the Frp more than I have but I hadn't really driven it like it should be in a very long time. The TT is perfect for me.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Is it the fact that not many have driven a V6 TT that they instantly think it's just a posers wagon? I don't understand it.

The grip is simply insane, maybe the fact it instills so much confidence in the corners people think it's boring, personally I don't see it.

Bose, Heated Leather, Xenons a stunning engine and sound, just so much kit for under 5k.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols! Oh I forgot the standard CS backs to the wall response when not given the answer that is craved!

Omggggzzzz your Silver Beetle is minzin!

M16a
Looks really smart Kev.

I like the colour, but can't but think it would look much better in red. Although Condition>Colour as you say!

What's it returning MPG wise?

When I saw 'silver' in thread title it made me sad but I like that shade. Looks in good nick.

Auto is a good choice too IMO.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Looks really smart Kev.

I like the colour, but can't but think it would look much better in red. Although Condition>Colour as you say!

What's it returning MPG wise?

Red is awesome but there are 2 local and any for sale simply weren't worth buying.

I'm avereging about 30mpg with town driving and my work is a 2 minute drive away. A mixture of blasting and sedate driving.

In the run back from London it was doing 35mpg no problem.

Same tax, insurance and fuel as the Frp also.

Amazed you bought silver! You'll need some sandpaper for the detailing lamps to show up the swirls?

I wouldn't have bought Reflex Silver, this has a tasty glow to it so still rewarding.

Also a challenge to get the best from it. Anyone can make a darker colour look great, takes talent to get the best from light colours.

Looking forward to fully correcting it.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Looks superb Kev.

Interior looks fantastic.

QS240 wheels are needed 100%.

Agreed on the wheels. QS wheels and Eibachs are a plan. They suit Avus.

I'll need to show you it soon.

Feirny find me a pic of your mates with the QS wheels. :)

Cheers Kane it's a nice colour.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Really like that, DSG aswell.. Is it any good?

Im never really sure about avus silver but this seems to capture it really well mate. As Gaz says QS240 wheels would be nice, or BBS CH's? Although i know their not cheap..

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Really nice buy mate. Ide keep the wheels they will look really nice once it's lowered. Just be carefully of the sway bars with the rear camber, you might be lucky and it won't effect the camber but if so I think there around the £250 mark for adjustables. Ill follow the progress on this :)

Evora, C-HR & A180
Good buy:cool: i think these are underated, such good cars especially value for money wise. Miss mine!