ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Alluminium Clio Footrest

172 Cup
Made today at work as I was extremely bored!
Used Aircraft Spec L163 as it was in the workshop.
Started off taking the footrest off and making a template, I wanted to bend the side over to make it look better so added that onto the template.

DSC00496.jpg

Deburred edges
DSC00499.jpg

Measured out and drilled the holes
DSC00500.jpg

Countersunk the holes
DSC00501.jpg

Riveted the plate to the pedal
DSC00503.jpg

Finished article on a dirty car
DSC00506.jpg

I might be willing to make more just wondered what the feedback would be like. I know there is one someone else makes on cliosport and hope its not patented, but this is slightly different in design anyway ;).
Fire away!

172 Cup
Forgot to add ill need to paint the original fixing with hammerite or summit! How much are ppl willing to pay?! The other guy charges 25 for just an alluminium plate, with no bend??

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
Liking it!
£25 for just the plate? Rival it and do 25 for yours!
Are the footrests same on 182s? :eek:

2008 Albi 197
Looks ace!

Any chance of gettin one made for a Mk3? They just have a carpeted foot rest so gets v. dirty!

172 Cup
Just renewed membership as I reckon normal forum members look dodgy when asking for money! Didnt realise it would take off so positively!

172 Cup
I made 2 of them today so ill probobly post them in the right section later.

Rivets can be supplied, but thats all you need as it uses the existing screw fitting. A drill 3.2mm bit and drill is required, and im not supplying that!;)

Clio 172 CUP
Looks well good mate!
Just wonderin, do you have a swager machine at work?
To get the same effect as the pedals