ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake & Clutch Pedal

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Some people me be aware that the pedals on Renault sports are alloy covers and that now the pedal covers for the OE brake & clutch alloy covers are now no longer made or available from Renault Uk or France.
So after speaking with a couple of people and someone at Renault UK I managed to get a good enough alternative.

So all pedals in 90% of the renault brand are 100% the same as in shape and size and the only thing that is different is that the sports have a alloy cover and standard cars, vans & SUVs have rubber pads.
Now we are all aware that if your car does not have a rubber pad on for its MOT it can fail and I thought that it must be the same for the alloy covers. If they wear down and end up being slippery then surly that can also play a factor on the MOT.

So I started by drilling out the 2 top rivets and the 2 bottom rivets to take the covers off.
IMG_0237.JPG

Once I done that I then took the wire brush on the drill and cleaned up the pedal from all the dirt and rust along with all the corrosion from the alloy.
I next then got some black hammerite and sprayed the pedals and left them to dry for a couple of days.

IMG_0240.JPG

IMG_0242.JPG

Now as you can see there is 2 rivet holes at the top and bottom and as Renault now no longer sell the original covers you need to go for the newer pedal cover from the Clio 197 / 200 which has only 2 holes at the top and "ONE" at the bottom.

IMG_0306.JPG

What is needed now is once the pedals are dry and clean is to get a small blob of tiger seal on the underside of the pedals and then rivet the top two holes in so it is sitting perfectly.
You also want to make sure you have the correct size rivets which are in the picture below.
Pedals 011.JPG

Pedals 012.JPG

Once you have put the pedal cover on and done the two top rivets you then need to get a 5mm metal drill bit and drill a hole through the centre of the pedal at the bottom to put a single rivet into it as it only has one rivet hole in the centre for the MK3 covers.

IMG_0296.JPG

IMG_0303.JPG

I dont have any pictures of the clutch pedal being done but its exactly the same at the brake pedal.

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
Nice work mate, makes quite a big difference actually, more than I'd have thought.
Mine desperately need doing, didn't think it would affect MOT though... which is coming up in December for me

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I dont know the in's & Out's of the MOT law but im rather sure that if a pedal is missing a a rubber it can be failed by the tester.

My point that im making is the the alloy wears away and they do get slippy and also look sh1te so its best to change them plus the genuine OE ones have some grip with the raised holes and others done.
You can buy genuine OE covers for pennies so it was worth doing and the are the exact correct fitment and cover the pedal perfectly with no over hang.

Last edited:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I second what Marc has said. In fact it was Marc that gave me the info and I bought the same as him. Fits exactly the same and looks and feels a lot better than the old worn ones.

A worthy replacement for not a lot money.

2017-11-12_08-33-07.jpg

Land Rover
It may be that Renault has biffed up the price of spares for older models, in the same way that Land Rover has done with Defender spares.

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Has anyone got the part numbers for the later accelerator and brake clutch pedals?

Thanks