ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My A1 Thread

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
yeah this one is £21.5k, even then i would have liked the super sport seats, hearted seats, heated electric mirrors and cruise control haha

Did it actually cost YOU £21.5k though? Without options like c/c which i thought would come as standard..

Surely this is going to lose alot of money? Nice though..very.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
its on an emloyee deal, esentially a very good finance option, will lose a couple of grand over 12 months, there is an agreed figure after a year, i either pay the remainding sum, refinance the rest or hand it back and order a new one. The only point it will get expensive is if i decide i dont want to give it back after 12 months, but thats not really going to happen because i can just order another one the same if i wanted, hopefully ther S1 will be out by then so could get one of them.

Not costing anymore than what i lost on the z4 over the same period of time, plus no worries of MOT, tax, tyres, brakes etc etc. If i decide to keep it yes it will cost me the full load.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
its on an emloyee deal, esentially a very good finance option, will lose a couple of grand over 12 months, there is an agreed figure after a year, i either pay the remainding sum, refinance the rest or hand it back and order a new one. The only point it will get expensive is if i decide i dont want to give it back after 12 months, but thats not really going to happen because i can just order another one the same if i wanted, hopefully ther S1 will be out by then so could get one of them.

Not costing anymore than what i lost on the z4 over the same period of time, plus no worries of MOT, tax, tyres, brakes etc etc. If i decide to keep it yes it will cost me the full load.

Not so bad for you then. A very different story for Joe public..

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Interior looks epic! Nice little cars these.

But I couldn't be on with a black car again, too much work lol.

320d
I saw a black s-line on that looked identical to yours in Manchester yesterday. I must say it looked awesome. It was a petrol DSG one though.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
They dont do a DSG technically only a Stronic, which i kinda guess is like the DSG.

Well still loving it, got 500 miles on it now,

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
just to update on the car how it drivers etc.

ive now just done a smidge over 500 miles - i brimmed it when i filled it for the 1st time and have done 210 miles on that fill up so far which puts me nigh on half a tank. average mpg is 47.8, im very happy with this as my commute is very short and pretty much all traffic, i did one trip to the trafford centre and back this week. Seeing as the z4 was getting 24-27ish thats good, and its still got 500 miles of running in to do yet, so a little improvement in those figures yet.

I still thinks its quick... im yet to be proved wrong though haha

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Haha id done 150 miles 3 hours after picking it up. got it took it home, packed and went away!

How u finding it? what meets are on locally this weekend?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Totally love it. It does everything I want really.

It'll sit at 65 on the motorway, cruise and climate on, playing my iPod through Bluetooth, but it's also a nutter b*stard when you feel like it.

Proper machine.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
just an update for anyone interested.

ive now covered 4000 miles!

Fuel consumption has increased, best i got over a 120 mile run was 64.3mpg, and that wasnt tootling along either sitting between 70 and 75 with a section of 50mph on the M62. Average has increased to 48.7mpg on the trip 1.

Drive is splendid, as a daily driver and a motorway mile muncher it ticks every box.
It feels planted on even the wettest motorways and can sit at 100mph without even raising an eyebrow.

The truth is it isnt the most exciting car, but its a diesel it never will be, its not slow, but its not fast either. Yes the petrol head in me misses that side of things espcially the noise.. thats actually the bit that winds me up the most, the noise... i miss noise!!

All in all it is a fantastic car, for me if i had spent my hard erned cash on it and it has it forever id have to go out and buy myself an mx5 too, or something.

i have 8k left to do before it does back. Ill be getting something insane for a coupl;e of months before ordering my next one, maybe a TT bit deffo another diesel, the savings on fuel are mind blowing!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I do like the Diesel TT, great combo. Needs an exhaust though!

Noise is very important even when just pootling around like me. The Frp had a great noise at all speeds. The 3.2 has totally spoiled me now. It'll be hard to top for any future car I buy. Sounds expensive imo.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
the noise on the motorway isnt an issue, infact the lack of it is a welcome change from the likes of the z4 and vx220 when your doing 5 hours+ in a single trip. Its that around town, and spirited drives i miss, being in my mates typeR civic this weekend made me sad haha. Saying that, convoying back with them and my friend in a e92 M3 made me smug knowing it will be costing me a whole lot less.

It is a fantastic car and i love it! It looks the part, it driving so nicely. But alas i am a petrol head..

The TT is deffo a contender. or an A5 if i can get one at a reasonable price.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
But a decent engine and exhaust shouldn't be poor and droney on the Mway's. We drove 400 miles on Thursday and you could hardly hear it. 80mph less than 3000rpm. Dsg helps obviously due to highest gear all the time in auto.

Then above 3.5k the noise begins! Never droney or boomy though.

I think a TT would be perfect for you. Tdi, lovely. Are they still expensive?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Nice. I prefer the exterior of the mk1 unless it's S-line or RS but the interior is lovely.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
ive had an old shape TT, look so dated now, plus they didnt do a diesel.

the empoyee scheme is only for brand new cars

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Indeed. Was just stating my opinion. My friend just bought a champagne coloured mk2 2.0t with Red interior. Not a nice combo!

I've got 2.0 of diseasil in an almost identical sized car and I'm finding that annoying, I don't think I could put up with 1.4!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
it doesnt take any driving skill to put your right foot to the floor, just did 2nd gear 30mph, my power is at different points and gears a hell of alot shorter, im in 6th by the time he needs to change out of 2nd

So how can my diesel with pretty much identical stats stay glued to the bumper of 350z's and EP3 ctr's yet a 200 blows you in to the weeds? Answers on a postcard...

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
well i thought id do a quick write up after 250 hours driving time

time spent - 250 hours
miles driven - 7800
months owned - 6

Average speed - 32mph
Average MPG - 50.2

So I have now well and truly run this car in, 1st 3k or so the car felt quite tight and new, from there on in it felt lots better, mph went up quite a bit too.

Best ive seen MPH wise is 65mpg this has mostly been when sat in 50 zones on motorways but avaeraging 50.2 over the full 7800 miles! pretty decent i think!

The car its self still looks new, the leather seats havnt started to show even the slightest bit of wear. But saying that it is a hard leather so id hope it wouldnt. The Audi black paint is notoriously soft so it is pretty swirled up now but it polishes up well and im not too keen on the old detailing stuff. It has developed a rattle from the dash but its booked in to be fixed under warrenty.

So yeah its a cracking little motor, it munches up the miles without a second thought. Its not used a drop of oil sinse new and its still 12k off its 1st service.

No its not the most exciting car in the world, although its pretty quick you have to change gear too soon, so youll never win a straight line race and in the twisties there is no getting away from the heavy lump up front. For a comfy daily car it ticks all the boxes!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
424711_10151860200688484_1643589794_n.jpg

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I really do like these. Must be super cheap to run.

What derv do you drive Turkish?