ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 2008 JCW MINI

ST
I've had it about a month or so now, rather enjoying it compared to my three previous cars.
I've not taken many pics of it so far, but here are a few from the day i picked it up and yesterday.

ezu7e9yt.jpg

ehygavub.jpg

vyneqyhe.jpg

e8a8u8ev.jpg

Comments welcome.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Tidy. I was following one on the weekend and it sounded lovely. Shame theyre so tempermental. I take it you have a warrenty?

ST
Tidy. I was following one on the weekend and it sounded lovely. Shame theyre so tempermental. I take it you have a warrenty?

Yeah man, extended BMW, so far so good tho.

Run flats will be coming off, proper rubber to be fitted, some H&R or eibach fitted, possibly a remap but with the warranty I may just leave it as is.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I thought the jcw had the big red calipers and the other multi spoke wheels?

Looks well though.

ST
It's got the JCW exhaust on it little Kevin, pointless changing it.

Indeed spaniel, springs will sort it.

Ben, do you maybe mean a Cooper S works with the JCW brakes and JCW body kit, mine was a Cooper S that was upgraded at the factory, map, JCW exhaust, intake and suspension - the options and spec levels are vast, generally no two are the same.

Looks very boring on those wheels. I thought they came with more fancy ones on the JCW.

Nice car though - I'd have one.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Ah that explains it then! Geez the options /combinations on these things are confusing haha!

ST
Looks very boring on those wheels. I thought they came with more fancy ones on the JCW.

Nice car though - I'd have one.

Yeah I agree that they are pretty boring, though they are in good cond so I don't want to shell out for new wheels just yet. Turini's? Lol.

MINI FJCW
Is it possible if you could just do a quick summary of how it drives & day to day driving of the Mini.

Im in the market myself for a JCW & would like to know a little more. THanks.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Looks good mate, and with the obligatory picture at al's parents in Carluke!

ST
Well this is my second JCW, I had an 06 too, super charged version, was far more thirsty tho.

This returns between 28-40mpg depending on how I've been driving it. It's fairly comfortable for everyday driving, it's got more than enough power to see off rep mobiles and most other hot hatches, it's tonnes of fun round the back roads, it sits well on the motorway.

Downsides, the size of the boot which doesn't effect me personally as all I really carry in the boot is my gym bag and my laptop or a few overnight bags if her and I go away for a few days, also the image, I get slated for it in the office.. 'is that your misses car?', 'are you an estate agent?', 'hairdressers car' etc but tbh I'm used it now as it's my second one.

Equipment wise, iPod/iPhone connectivity, Bluetooth, air con, half leather, bi-xenons, JCW suspension which is a rare option but the owner before me seemed to spec this over the likes of the aero kit or JCW wheels or the JCW 4pot brakes.

All JCW options on this car have been factory fitted, this makes it more desirable as dealer fit JCW upgrades seem to have a bit of a stigma attached to them in the mini community for some reason.

As per prev posts the car is fitted with run flats which are horrendous on nothing but dry smooth Tarmac, but they'll soon be gone for some conti sports or the likes, coupled with some eibach or H&R springs like I had on my last one which turns it into a 200bhp go-kart which was on par in the handling department as my old R27.

Anything else you'd like to know let me know mate.

BMW M135i
Just bought an Astaro Black one for the Mrs, I like it more than the S3. Think i've driven it more in the last 2 weeks too, got a proper charm about it.

ST
Thanks boys.. Cheques in the post x

Astro Black is nice, but after having two black Clios and machine polishing my old mans black 120d MSport coupe earlier this year I struck black off my choices as its a bit of a pain lol.

Mini Cooper S
It's a Cooper S with a JCW tuning kit. Not a JCW.

Get the cat out and map it! I'm still too much of a pussy to decat mine.

ST
It's a Cooper S with a JCW tuning kit. Not a JCW.

Get the cat out and map it! I'm still too much of a pussy to decat mine.

I would but I don't want to void the warranty.. As you know, they can be quite temperamental.

Regards to it looking like any other mini, you're probably right..

BMW E46 330ci Sport
The main difference between the Mini Cooper S with any JCW add ons and an actual Mini JCW is the engine. The JCW has same engine the Mini Challenge race car has which comes with lots of upgrades.

None the less that's still a lovely car and I'd happily own it.

ST
The main difference between the Mini Cooper S with any JCW add ons and an actual Mini JCW is the engine. The JCW has same engine the Mini Challenge race car has which comes with lots of upgrades.

None the less that's still a lovely car and I'd happily own it.

Everyday is a school day..

I am planning a few mods for it tho I'm unsure for the reason of warranty and I've changed my car 3 times in the last 12 months, I may end up wasting money on it lol.

MINI FJCW
Thanks Alan, cracking response, given me a better insight & a non bias approach!

Do you know much about the 'de-coking'? Obviously been doing a bit of reading on Mini forums & it seems quite a common issue.

ST
No worries Pete..

Yeah I've read a fair bit about it, I'm hoping if it happens to mine my dealer will know to do, it maybe like any other car that has an issue, mass hysteria sets in and it's blown out of proportion.

Mini Cooper S
That's not a John Cooper Works it's a Cooper S with the JCW tuning kit. Hence the brakes and the crown spoke alloys.
It's actually a different engine and also a ticking time bomb. They often go bang.
Bloody fun car to drive though.
I've had 3 minis.
R53 all the way.

ST
That's not a John Cooper Works it's a Cooper S with the JCW tuning kit. Hence the brakes and the crown spoke alloys.
It's actually a different engine and also a ticking time bomb. They often go bang.
Bloody fun car to drive though.
I've had 3 minis.
R53 all the way.

Calm down talk to Frank..

I'm well aware of the issues you've outlined, as per prev posts, it has an extended warranty, if it does unfortunately break down.

ST
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...postcode/b744rh/page/1/keywords/jcw?logcode=p

Sorry to rob your thread but im just looking into moving to mini and have spotted this one - what do people reckon as i dont know much about these

Cheers

Overpriced by about 1200-1500.. I paid 8600£ for mine, tho the dealer I got mine from my folks have a VERY good relationship with, we've had over 30 cars from them.

Full BMW/MINI history, one owner from new, extended BMW warranty, 40k on it when i bought it two months ago.