ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MY 2004 CLIO 182

2004 clio 182
Hey guys.
Purchased this lovely 182 last night from Broadstairs Kent. Has a few mods and it's a fab little car.Love driving it so much already lol.

20160407_180946_zpswnudag5v.gif

BG182 + M3
Looks really clean mate! I think the wheels would like better in silver or anthracite though :)

2004 clio 182
Yeah it's relatively mark free and in good nick,and yeah I totally agree with you but the dude who I bought the car from has literally just spent £150 on having them sprayed so will be keeping them black for now. :)

2004 clio 182
Thanks matey.
I park it like that as the roads very very narrow as a lorry always parks the other side of the road so I don't want it caught by a car or lorry going in between.

Yeah bang for buck is just superb.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
That curb scares me near those fresh turini's! Looks like it has some chunky spacers on there too. I'd be looking at lowering it a bit though.

I'm older than I should be!

2004 clio 182
Had a sorta miss fire issue which I believe is to do with the enlarged throttle body maybe. I have ordered a standard body and since found this under diagnostic

Screenshot_2016-04-10-18-31-33_zpslbhoplc5.gif

The cat fault is because of the decat but obviously the miss fire on three shouldn't be there so next step is new plugs leads and coil pack.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
What app are you using on your phone? Looks different to torque that I use. Car looks very clean though! I quite like the alloys black...

2004 clio 182
Treated clip to new coil pack ,leads,and spark plugs.

20160411_183851_zpshn8d1jvk.gif

Old plugs looked ok though
20160411_192530_zpszbdiqabh.gif

Nice and tan

And also since it rained it's nice to see the detailing had an effect on the paint

20160411_184222_zpsyjlwomog.gif

Last edited:
  2004 clio 182
so today i was a busy boy
removed manifold,fitted new throttle body (correct size now 60mm),blasted out manifold with a can of carb cleaner inside and out,new manifold gasket map sensor and tarted up the manifold.
RzyDjKk.jpg

gd0sE4v.jpg

turns out the issue with the car was a fualty map sensor !!!!!!

so glad its sorted now.it runs so well now

if anybody needs map sensor part number from euros for map its

OSZQziB.png

havent got round to fitting new lambda sensor yet but will very soon.

also did one of the rear exhaust mounts,gota order another to do second mount.

ofscUh0.jpg

2004 clio 182
Today I fitted new dashboard as old one was damaged and looked shocking.

I did oil and filter change with the addition of a magnetic sump plug which always work well on any engine to catch steel particles.

H6xoHI5.jpg

I managed to get hold of a spare tyre,jack kit and set of lockers as my car had none of these items

CDz1z6x.png

XJ9l8Fi.png

Nfc3YBN.png

Today I fitted new dashboard as old one was damaged and looked shocking.

I did oil and filter change with the addition of a magnetic sump plug which always work well on any engine to catch steel particles.

H6xoHI5.jpg

I managed to get hold of a spare tyre,jack kit and set of lockers as my car had none of these items

CDz1z6x.png

XJ9l8Fi.png

Nfc3YBN.png
Might be me that's tired but if this is a 182 there is no spare wheel well.... Just going to tie the spare down in the boot?

2004 clio 182
got round to fitting the poxy new front lambda sensor and it was a right faf.
81ideaU.jpg

also me clio owners pack came ! lol

3w6v5De.jpg)
3w6v5De.jpg)
3w6v5De.jpg

lastly yesterday i had my rear lot of windows tinted

sNgBRI8.jpg

2004 clio 182
Bit of progress today.

Have relocated battery to the boot.cleaned the engine bay a little

I booked a trackday with a good friend of mine
Lydden hill 14th may full day. £150

2004 clio 182
Took a bit of work but rear braided lines are now fitted and brakes bledd with new dot 4 fluid. Brakes already feel better and yet to do the front.

Ldd2FLO.jpg

2004 clio 182
So today was the continuation of braided line fitting.fronts needed doing but unfortunately both bleed nippels snapped whilst attempting to undo them so I had to get some new ones.luckily my good friend is breaking a clio 182 atm so I am sorted ☺

QD2fSIa.jpg

JzbJCrn.jpg

They bled so easily and had the job done pretty dam fast. Brakes feel so much better now and coupled with the already fitted ds2500s brakes are bloody good

2004 clio 182
Other things to do are

Fully underseal car
Fit gauges
Fit rear camber plates
Top up coolant
Fit new foot pedals
Carpet inside of car

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Brilliant project thread so far and work on your behalf! Rear tints are a nice touch

2004 clio 182
Fast approaching trackday need to get bits done (two nights let to do work on car)

Tonight I got to finishing some bits in the boot area

Managed to carpet whole rear end and remove all the sound deadening.

hqnB05o.jpg

2004 clio 182
Still gotta run the battery line properly at some point but it's all safe and soldered so just cosmetically needs sorting.

Going to fit some new grippy pedals tommorow and just do a last few bits.