ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MY 2004 CLIO 182

2004 clio 182
Also ordered up some gold heat resistant tape for bulk head.

6a8F7SS.png

2004 clio 182
trackday was a success, had a great day and learnt a bit about how the clio handles .
got quite a few vids and other than the wheel nuts coming loose all round was a fun day.
car was faultless and did well,managed to get the brakes smoking and nearly fail entirely despite braided lines,new fluid and ds2500s up front.
i did 70 miles at lydden and managed 13mpg lol.

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
trackday was a success, had a great day and learnt a bit about how the clio handles .
got quite a few vids and other than the wheel nuts coming loose all round was a fun day.
car was faultless and did well,managed to get the brakes smoking and nearly fail entirely despite braided lines,new fluid and ds2500s up front.
i did 70 miles at lydden and managed 13mpg lol.
Sounds like you had great fun and that is what it is all about :smiley:

2004 clio 182
Managed to get hold of a new drivers door handle and window switch as the handle on me car currently is worn and shot and the switches are intermittent.

A3a0q9M.jpg

Also a nice new fresh pair of front tyres arrived finally,pirelli p zero Nero gts

EpY98C2.jpg

2004 clio 182
Front tyres are now fitted and done .

Also my new gearbox oil arrived today and finished work early so that's also been done and sorted.

OlE9UMc.png

2004 clio 182
Few new bits goin on this week.

Firstly my aircon delete belt and pulley have arrived and will be fitted very soon.

FLeh9Zf.jpg

My new steering wheel has arrived and been fitted as original was knackered and also way to big.i bought a 300 mm omp with boss

BdquVex.jpg

And lastly I went to my mates workshop last night and he kindly let me use his ramp and I undersealed the whole underneath of the clio.

BjTfcaZ.jpg

OBwijSN.jpg

[/I]

2004 clio 182
So today I discovered I had a passenger rear seized caliper. Had to replace it with a second hand new one from me mate round the corner. Lucky he had one.

Had time to retro fit the cruise control on the new steering wheel as it's a great feature I wanted to retain.

yOUDoFV.jpg

2004 clio 182
Today was working on car and started to remove carpet and big problem. The foam underneath carpets is soaked in red coolant so obviously the heater matrix is leaking coolant into the car. Solved this by removing the whole system including the aircon which was going anyway.

Had to u bend the two hoses that used to go into the heater matrix......

eRMbZKj.jpg

Also cleaned up,removed sound deadning and sprayed the scuttle panel insides...

OMTOe3b.jpg

2004 clio 182
So tonight I managed to fit up my bucket seats.made up my own mounts onto the the sliders.
el8fIBa.jpg

Also continued on with the floor spraying after removing the sound deadning the other week.

zXoi2pi.jpg

qBQxgyd.jpg

2004 clio 182
this morning as with every sat before work i washed the clio,but as an extra i also claybarred and resin polished,and waxed to finish.

the results were superb as always with these products.

vPmiyg8.jpg

cWMskk7.jpg

KXKeyAt.jpg

Iky7aFK.jpg

2004 clio 182
today i managed to get coilovers fitted
430 front lbs
300 rear lbs
in preperation for fitting these i thought it a good idea to make up some protective sleeves.i made them from thick polyurethane bags and stuck them in a cylinder shape with polyurethane sealant. they have worked real well. also spray painted the rear beam were possible and all parts on the suspension were copper greased were possible also

heres the piccys

WjDhFYK.jpg

qEFxpCT.jpg

SboDSht.jpg

I6OiAtN.jpg

oMISl7S.jpg

xpeSezY.jpg

jqFcGeZ.jpg

fronts are a little high atm so will post pics tommorow once lowered.

2004 clio 182
went out with some car mates last night up london to a car meet and there was quite a few nice lil clios. heres a pic

kRjEWZ9.png

2004 clio 182
i have been looking into epas recently and have made a few purchases/made up some wiring to make it work,as always all my electrics are soldered and heatshrunk were possible

vXHY5B7.jpg

2004 clio 182
AgcyVsC.jpg

so ,so far i have aquired

epas and epas ecu from 2001-2005 clio

epas control unit (from ebay guy in portugal

steering column from 2001-2005 clio with epas

made up power lead and earth lead with giant spade connectors

also a mega fuse (60 amp)

2004 clio 182
this morning i continued on with fitting the epas.

LJiOFJe.jpg

2ii4MZl.jpg

when i went to fit the the new colomn i realised it was about 6-7mm to long but this is easily remided buy carefully tapping the the column with both universal joints moved to one side to slowly shorten it.
be very careful not to go to mad otherwise you will have to short of a shaft and you cant relengthen it. below shows were the two parts "sleeve" each other.

PYsugzV.jpg

2004 clio 182
finally got shaft correct length and went about fitting the epas unit (after many on and offs getting it right) and then fitting all the indicator units,ignition barrel,etc onto the new unit.Next up was fitting the epas ecu to a save place which is actually fits to the right of the steering wheel in a purpose made bracket already there

P9o5IT2.jpg

fgjv1qR.jpg

then wired in a switched live to the control box,and an earth linked up to the epas ecu.then the positive was run up to the battery.

qQ64971.jpg

at this stage it was all powered up and ready so i tried it with just the adaptor boss and one hand and wow.cant believe just how bloody good it is.

now all thats left to do is get all the dash back in and get out on the road and try it with the engine on and car actually moving lol.

2004 clio 182
yesterday i had to remove the hydraulic power steering, remove the pump,remove the air con pump, air con rad and also work out new belt size using string method.THe old belt was knackered anyway so just aswell i replaced it haha.........all this took all day as it was mostly awkward places to get to and trial and error.

after many many hours and few swear words its all finally sorted and a newly fashioned tensioner is in full working order.

for reference belt used is 6pk1187 and also the original tensioner is left in but does need a little bit of alloy filed away or it rubs the belt.

uvLWpgc.jpg

ubx3cTL.jpg

XntrVKn.jpg

mY2DNY9.jpg

1NeV5vM.jpg

2004 clio 182
thanks dann. been alot of work though.
fully honestly its on full power atm and has been since i fitted it and its much easier steering wise (this is all city driving). It feels alot more alert and snappy to me and would need turning down maybe a tad on a trackday but the fact is its all very adjustable and set-able which hydraulic is NOT.

definately a great mod and well worth yhe agro i would say.

2004 clio 182
tonight i started working on the badly glazed over headlights.
only managed to get one done but the difference is massive

this is before
J4f6DP7.jpg

this is after

4vZC6zb.jpg

very happy with results
just gotta do the other light tommorow

GCC

1.2Clio / 182!!
What did you use on yours?? I did mine this week, which also turned into a two day job as I ran out of time and patience the first day... I ended up having to go as course as 600 to get shot of my hazing though and still need to go back again on the second light.... Somehow I feel ashamed of my efforts though after seeing yours!!

2004 clio 182
i used autosol metal polish which is like 2.50 a tube.

took around 50mins to do one with a buff pad attached to a drill. wouldnt ever use sandpaper at all. it a delicate plastic

GCC

1.2Clio / 182!!
This is the second useful thing I'm taking from your thread... The first being your electric steering and ac removal!!