ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 182 progress

Renault Clio 182
hey guys haven't really posted on here since I first brought the car few months ago.
Brought the car with the intentions on stripping her out and tracking her but after she got under my skin I felt so much guilt actually doing it.

The time came for me to ignore my feelings, get the tool kit out and gut out the interior :) ran standard seats for a while as couldn't find seats I liked in my budget, only ones I liked were recaro pole positions.
Finally found the new Corbeau club sports, not FIA approved but dirt cheap, £260 for the pair from a friend of mine who's company deals with Corbeau!! :)
One problem I had was the seat mounts, had to get custom ones made by a local guy so the seat sits low as poss, Great seats!
At the Same time my friend also sells Luke harnesses, as they are made by Corbeau so I had some Silver ones made to order and the will be going in this week.
Other things I've done were....

Eibach sport lines
Cup tow eye
Genuine clio v6 spoiler
Ktec induction kit
Refurrbed wheels
New Michelin PS3s
Headlight restored
Sorted out few niggles with new coil pack and new o2 sensors.
Just ordered sabelt rs steering wheel from rsport. And the boss etc I'll get from Demontweeks.
I'm sure I've forgotten something but that's the majority of it.
She's already got decent brakes all round so they will get me by for now.
I just wanted to improve her for very little money and gradually build it up into a beast.
Thanks for looking guys let me know what you think.

Pictures to follow...

Renault Clio 182
image.jpg

Renault Clio 182
hi guys shes been off the road a while as SOMEONE didnt secure aerocatches on the bonnet.... WHAMMMMM, new windscreen and bonnet needed...and pants.....

im a carpet fitter by trade so never really touched a car mechanically, so this is the reason i bought this car to practice and learn with, and its going really well and really enjoying getting my hands dirty. done 99% of it all myself. with the help of the CS 'how to' guides. learnt so much already, biggest lesson was to double check the aerocatches are locked down haha

so little list of whats been done since last time...
windsceen lol
cmcompesites bonnet
new unbroken aerocatches
ebay rear cage powder coated with welded in base plates,
pms solid top mounts and strut brace
fresh 172 cup dampers
pms 10mm stub axle spacer.
MAD 20mm hubcentric bolt to hub front spacers
finally sorted faulty steering angle sensor so i have TC back.
ktec silenced decat
ktec centreline non res cat back
ktec stud conversion kit
sabelt rs steering wheel with brown and geeson adjustable spacer.
uprated dogbone mount
carbon headlight washer blanks.
fogs and arch liner out.
ktec grrooved front discs with carbon lorraine pads, just basic rear discs with basic brembo pads.
ktec HEL braided lines.
racing brake fluid.
vinyl numberplates front and rear (as normal plastic ones are tooooo heavy lol)
general chopping away of any unnecessary metal brackets a sound deadening
head/toe throttle pedal from the group buy.
MAD foot rest.
skateboard grip tape for drivers floor :)
luke 4 point harnesses
radio and speakers out.
rear wiper off.
taken the runners off the bottom of the seats to get it lower.

think thats about it.....
sorry for any spelling i am a r****d...

thanks for looking!

A-Class AMG-Sport
Wow that sounds like a huge amount of work from someone who is inexperienced. Even if you do have the odd mishap (lol) at least you learn from it. I'm getting stuck into mine shortly and hoping to get the car on the track very soon!

Clio 182 ff. evo x
Car looks good. I'm doing the same as you. Where did you get the spoiler. I didn't realise there was that much difference.