ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 182 FF Black/Gold (PIC HEAVY)

55 Reg Clio 182+CUP Packs
Hi all,

As a lot of you know I bought my car only a few weeks ago, and as soon as I joined this Club. Which I must say is great! It has helped me out many times in the past two weeks.

Up until now the only pictures I’ve had of this car were pictures taken by the pervious owner, whom is also a Club member. So at the weekend, I had some time and decided to take a few of my own. Please bare in mind, I am no photographer.

I also spent Friday night installing the PiperX Viper kit, I have read many disappointing things about this kit on the Clio, from people on this forum. But, I can say that my experience has been nothing but a good one with this kit. As you can see I installed it in the right Fog Light hole, and this seems to work great! May by a bit low, but with the steep bend in the CAF I seriously doubt water, or anything else will find its way up there. Anyhow I'll be checking it weekly. As for the improvement it has made over stock, it has made my car more responsive, giving me more power lower down the rev range. It pulls now, where as previously it felt sluggish up to 5200-rpm kick, which I must say is even more noticeable now then it was when stock.

Removed the acoustic valve too, but I did this after installing the Viper kit, i feel this is now a pointless removal, apart from that it makes more room for a new CAF. No noise or performance changes where noted after removal.

CIMG0332.jpg

CIMG0323.jpg

CIMG0328.jpg

CIMG0321.jpg

CIMG0347.jpg

CIMG0319.jpg

CIMG0348.jpg

P.S the “Baby on Board” Sticker was my wife’s idea, (Don’t Ask!).

Thanks for reading,

Tim

Nimbus Megane R26
very nice m8. Think the trumpet in the foglight looks gash and better cut into the bottom grill and in black, but each to their own ;)

very nice m8. Think the trumpet in the foglight looks gash and better cut into the bottom grill and in black, but each to their own ;)

I think at the time, it was the quickest way to the outside. But yeah, if I had more time and the know how, I probably would have put it in the lower grill. But it is growing on me...only time will tell.

Track 172cup
really nice motor mate, very clean

yeh def get the CAF sprayed, anthracite would look good to match the wheels, either that or gloss black

you should be able to get a metal primer and i would have throught any normal paint would be ok on top of that

b/g 182, meg tourer
normal paint will be fine on the caf. couple of thin coats of primer. few thin coats of paint and a couple of coats of laquer. i would paint it black and sit it neatly behing the lower grille.

car looks good tho. although i wouldn't have bothered with the viper.

normal paint will be fine on the caf. couple of thin coats of primer. few thin coats of paint and a couple of coats of laquer. i would paint it black and sit it neatly behing the lower grille.

car looks good tho. although i wouldn't have bothered with the viper.

Viper kit cost me £50, so it was worth it, but hey each to their own. Thanks for the paint advice though.

Tim

b/g 182, meg tourer
£50 was a bargain. cant really moan at that i guess.
no problem. beware tho, if you paint the caf you might get the painting bug and end up painting the bullets, dash strips, badges, engine cover, battery terminal etc. lol

Renault Clio
Nothing wrong with having a baby on board sign if you do have a baby on board! I'd do it.

Nice car.

Nothing wrong with having a baby on board sign if you do have a baby on board! I'd do it.

Nice car.

Yeah use it alot to take the wife and baby places, although I hate it. Having to spend loads of money on baby related car items, like I had to get an ISOFIX baby seat, just so I didn't have to use my rear seat belts, which in turn over time ruins the seatbelt tensioners.

£50 was a bargain. cant really moan at that i guess.
no problem. beware tho, if you paint the caf you might get the painting bug and end up painting the bullets, dash strips, badges, engine cover, battery terminal etc. lol

I have been tempted already to do some colour coding. Was thinking white...but it does look good as is. Maybe just clean up the engine bay,

Just purchased a RStuning Kit from Fastchip's. So looking forward to it...from what i'v heard, its well worth it.