ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my 172 smells funny.. burning

Clio 182 FF & Cups

My new 172 smells like its burning even after short runs and its only done 1600 miles!! Is this maybe the cat burning in?? I had a terrible smell from the cat of my saxo vtr for a few thousand miles until it was ran in. I did try to run it in properly although I admit to the odd thrash especially as my mates just got a cup and the inevitable race happens occasionally (no difference in performance noticable without wanting to kick off another topic). Ive checked oil level and coolant levels and everything seems o.k. What should I do?? Bought the car last month and its an import, cant be arsed with hassleing my local main dealer if its something daft, any ideas or advice??

Volvo S60 T5

Sounds like the new car smell you get, but to be safe I would pop it round to you local dealer.....better safe than sorry.

Same with mine, its either clutch or brake pads. normally notice it after a good thrash, more likely the brakes! mines on 1800 miles! Altho the Cat clicks like a b**ch when the engines off!

Clio 182 FF & Cups

its visiting the local dealers by the end of the week for a quick once over, personally begining to think that its more likely the clutch. Drove to work early this morning and has a nice stady run, hardly had to use the brakes at all but it still stank like a b@stard when I got out! I post a reply on this thread when I know for sure incase it helps anyone else out.