ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 Cup - Iceberg Silver

Clio 172 Cup
Here is my project thread for my 172 Cup in Iceberg Silver.
Been a while since I last did a project thread and even owned anything French for that matter. My name is Jay and I do vehicle remapping. My main aim for this car, recently got due to receiving it as a part ex for my Leon 1M Cupra, is to get it back to its former glory. Tidy it up, get it mint again and keep it OEM+.
Funds aren't massively available due to 2 little ones etc so will be a longer process but will be fun im sure. Anyway enough of me rambling on heres some info I got from the previous owner(which wasn't a lot):
11 Months Mot
Belts done 5,000 miles ago.
Rare iceberg silver with climate control
New Pads
New CV boots
New ball joints
New rear shocks
New radiator.
Failed to mention at the time that the passenger window doesn't work, a BIG dent in the OS door and that the bonnet is normal silver instead of Iceberg, either way the deal went ahead. Heres some pictures from when I first got it.
IMG_1457_zps7ced7463.jpg

IMG_1458_zps8c63968a.jpg

IMG_1459_zps46535241.jpg

As you can see it wasn't an overly pretty sight.

Clio 172 Cup
I started off by ripping off the tints and sun strip on the first day of ownership:
IMG_1464_zps72abdd06.jpg

IMG_1462_zps51d7ce44.jpg

IMG_1467_zps12837e66.jpg

Swiftly followed by fitting a standard exhaust again:
IMG_1475_zps7e6f82a1.jpg

Clio 172 Cup
And that's pretty much where im up to with the car currently. Only owned it for around a week so far. Next plans are:
Look at passenger window
Look at moisture problem with headlight
Try and source a bonnet or get quotes for paint
Get a price for the dent in door.

Might be some other things thrown in but that's what I want to try and sort first :)

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
looks much better without the tints and exhaust. Im sure it will be quite cheap to sort the dent and bonnet.

Oh and the wheel badges are also easy to do as they just push out of the round covers. I have some satin black for my grille too which I need to get round to doing..

Clio 172 Cup
Sounds good :) I must admit I don't know an awful lot about these cars. I just want to get it in good condition then start from there really.

Same. I want mine as mint as possible. Quite handy my exhaust needs doing as it gives me the perfect excuse to get a full stainless system.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Looks better already. Wheels need to be silver IMO . And cup spoiler. Love a nice oem cup me.

Clio 172 Cup
The wheels need a refurb anyway :) thought about silver tbh I've no idea why it hadn't got the spoiler already (didn't realise in all fairness). I much prefer it though already. The main thing annoying me currently is the bonnet being a different colour

Inf 182 Cup
Good choice on removing the tints and exhaust, looks much better already!

I agree with yeecup, Silver alloys would make it look fresh :)

Clio 172 Cup
Agree with the silver wheels. Would make it look fresh/newer in a way. Strange a difference a shade of colour on wheels can make

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I've never really done a project thread. Need to get round to it.

Basics are:

New engine with RS2 inlet at 193bhp
Bilstein B14 coilovers
Ktec Super sport stealth exhaust
Rear Palmersport Cage rear stripped out
Bimarco Bucket seats
Custom rear Anti Roll Bar
182 Manifold and Decat.

Have a search of my threads and you'll find d a few photos etc.