ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 1.2TCE Dynamique S

Dynamique S TCE
Hey all, new member here. Been mooching around for a while watching other projects but today ive decided to sign up and make a thread for my own 'project'! This is my first car which ill be modding, so im not too experienced with all the basics (coilovers/lowering springs etc). Ive been driving for almost two years now, 19 atm will be 20 in october and have not so long ago became a clio owner! When I passed my test I already had this car in my hands;
89265086.png

GREEN! VW Polo 6n2 1.0, a whopping 50bhp (when new, after 10 years it must have had less)
Was a good little car but the colour was just ridiculous and I couldnt wait to get rid of it, so last november I went and got myself this;
imag0069u.jpg

2008 Clio 1.2T Dynamique S
Today the car is sitting exactly the same as when I got it from the stealers, but hopefully not for long! Heres some more pics of it as it is now.
imag0070z.jpg

imag0071g.jpg

imag0071g.jpg

imag0080g.jpg

imag0072bv.jpg

imag0073h.jpg

imag0085v.jpg

imag0086k.jpg

imag0074jv.jpg

imag0079lq.jpg

imag0075u.jpg

imag0078ql.jpg

imag0076s.jpg

I like the car as it is now, but ofcourse, it could be better!! So, what are the plans??

• Lower - Dont want it ridiculously low, must be tasteful! Would like the front a little lower than the back to give it a little bit of an aggressive stance, what would be best for this? Also a bit worried about it from an insurance point of view, are coilovers more expensive to insure than springs?
  • Spacers - Wheels sit in far to much, would like them at least level with the arches, and a small amount of negative camber.
  • Colour coding - Have seen a lot of people taking colour coding as a bit of DIY, but due to my lack of experience im a little worried about how ill do lol, can you buy colour coded parts from the dealers? Does anyone know a rough price of how much it would cost to have a garage colour code for me?
  • Mk3 197 Grill
  • Silvervisions
  • Bosch Aero Wipers
  • Stubby Ariel
  • Colour front & rear diamonds, possibly a 'smoked' orange colour? Dont want it too vivid, more of a tint. What would the best approach be? Wrap it or paint?
  • Wheels - Quiet like the ones which are already on it, deffo need a refurb tho, pics of the wheels are below, does anyone know how much it could cost to have to refurbed please? Also, do they need rubber with a smaller profile?
  • Last but not least, become a paid cliosport member!
imag0082bn.jpg

imag0081zy.jpg

imag0083fk.jpg

imag0084yi.jpg

All suggestions and comments welcome!!

Thanks for reading! Sorry if its poorly formatted etc, my first shot at ones of these threads.

Dynamique S TCE
Oops! The pictures havnt worked, did I format them wrong? ( [ img ] [ / img ] ) or is it something at imageshacks end?

Dynamique S TCE
Cheers mate, will get them all up on photobucket now, is there a way to edit posts? I couldnt find the magic button for my original post!

Dynamique S TCE
Nope, cant see the edit button anywhere, anyhow, heres the pics, and thanks alot for your help!
IMAG0069-1.jpg
IMAG0070-1.jpg
IMAG0071-1.jpg
IMAG0080-1.jpg
IMAG0072-1.jpg
IMAG0073-1.jpg
IMAG0085-1.jpg
IMAG0079-1.jpg
IMAG0074-1.jpg
IMAG0075-1.jpg
IMAG0077-1.jpg
IMAG0076-1.jpg
IMAG0084-1.jpg
IMAG0083-1.jpg

IMAG0082-1.jpg

IMAG0081-1.jpg

Dynamique S TCE
Cheers, the small bits should be done soon when I get a day or two off work to get it all sorted, the colour coding and lowering will take a while because of a lack of funds!! Cant wait for it to be the way I want it.

Added a couple other bits I missed from the 'to do' list;

• Get the stereo seated in correctly with a fascia panel (wiring loom & stalk adaptor has taken a LOT of room!)
  • Chrome pedals - The current ones look too bland!
Anyone else have some c&c?

Mk3 1.6 Dynamique S
Looks nice, I got my trim colour coded recently and it only cost £60 so it's not too expensive, and it makes such a big difference to the look of the car.

For the lowering I would get springs if your on a budget, I got Apex springs for my car and think it looks pretty good. Have a look at my project thread to see how the car sits :)

Dynamique S TCE
Nice car mate, liking the carbon wrapped interior! Do you know if you can get springs which lower it a bit more? Would like to go a little lower than yours. Also, what were they like to insure?

The bumper plastics look good, how did you get them all done for £60?

What benefit does the induction kit give? Sorry for all the questions ;)

Mk3 1.6 Dynamique S
Thanks, I don't think you can get springs that are any lower so you would need coilovers then, but not 100% sure. I didn't have any problems insuring them either :)

Well he quoted me £80 first but put it down after he sprayed them, my dad knows him and has his own bodyshop. So that's why I got it a wee bit cheaper, I have seen that people spray them like DIY so if your any good you could try yourself.

I think the main benefit with the induction kit is the noise, slightly less pull from low down but a bit better when you reach higher revs.

Clio 1.2Tce
Just a point, I have the same radio, jvc 711?? In the 1.2 tce and got the stalk controls fitted, had my service 3 days later and they said the wiring for stalk control was draining power from the power steering!! Which sounded bad to me so took it out asap! Yours might be fine as it's newer I think, as mine doesn't have the start stop button, but might be worth checking.
Mark

Dynamique S TCE
Firstly thanks alot for your help!

Do you know off the top of your head roughly how much a 'decent' set of coilovers would cost for a Mk3? Would like a nice compromise of price & ride.

Yeah ive seen a few people doing it themselves, but I have absolutely no experience wjen it comes to cars, I know how to change a wheel and thats about where it ends! Would love to develop my mechanical skills though. Ill have to phone around a few local body shops and get some quotes, was your price inclusive of paint? Or £80 original quote purely for the labour?

Hopefully I'll be able to get myself to a meet in the future and have a listen to 1.2t with an induction kit.

Mk3 1.6 Dynamique S
I'm guessing a decent set of coilovers would cost around £500-600 but that's just a guess...

The quote I got was including the cost of the paint :)

Personally I think the induction kit sounds good as you can drive normally and the car is quiet but when you floor it you get a nice induction noise, so it's good for when you just want to cruise and not have to put up with an aftermarket exhaust

Dynamique S TCE
Ouch thats a definate no go then lol! Springs it is, hopefully it'll be dropped before the end of april!

That price isnt bad at all, thought the paint would cost an absolute fortune. Did you buy it through renault or can you get the exact same shades of paint elsewhere?

Mk3 1.6 Dynamique S
I think the bodyshop might have mixed it themselves, either that or they just ordered a tin of the correct colour using my paint code.

Clio MK3 Dynamique S
Nice looking car. If you install a different stereo do the steering wheel controls and screen above the dash work?.