ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Must do modifications on a non sport?...

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
This, I don't understand why more don't just do this.

Insurance usually but then why someone wants to pay the extra on insurance to mod a slow old 1.2 I have no idea, I'd rather pay through the nose and actually have some performance out of it. Providing OP intends to tell insurance that is.

Renault Clio MK3
Insurance usually but then why someone wants to pay the extra on insurance to mod a slow old 1.2 I have no idea, I'd rather pay through the nose and actually have some performance out of it. Providing OP intends to tell insurance that is.

With how cheap 172/182s are I really don't see the point tbh. Each to their own though ;)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I don't understand people who say 'do nothing' or 'whats the point buy a sport'

perhaps cutting your teeth in the modifying world when you've just bought your first car isn't something you people approve of, but to me it was exciting pimping up my first little clio, and I had it for 4 years, longer than any of the sports I've since bought and modified, so I think go for it. Learn from the mistakes if you make them and enjoy yourself

Arctic 182
I don't understand people who say 'do nothing' or 'whats the point buy a sport'

perhaps cutting your teeth in the modifying world when you've just bought your first car isn't something you people approve of, but to me it was exciting pimping up my first little clio, and I had it for 4 years, longer than any of the sports I've since bought and modified, so I think go for it. Learn from the mistakes if you make them and enjoy yourself

Well said that man. Can't add a lot more except:
How do people think others get or got into the modifying scene? Did everyone originally not drive or wait until they had the better/faster version of their car before doing ANYTHING to it? No, they started small & made their car different, to their own taste. Everything & everyone started somewhere.

To the OP, it has been suggested already but, colour code, silver visions, RS grille & a good clean?! Have a look at some threads & get some inspiration. What you think is good others might hate. Do what you want, just don't make it tacky with loads of stickers & bling!

Chris.

Clio 197
Very well put u 2. Doesnt matter what u got, if u like it go for it. Im not afraid to admit i modded an aygo lol but at the time it was diferent an good for what i used the car for. Now breaking the bank with a 197,

with smaller models go for the little things like mendizmo said

Clio 1.2tce DSX
Everyone needs to break into the modifying world in something, and normally people's first cars are little 1.0-1.2's and in fact there are still full on show cars that exist that are smaller engined not to mention the whole k series scene in japan with there tiny 600 odd cc engines. To my mind it's not what you drive that matters it's how you make it your own.

As for any modifications advice to the op, some good advise has been given above, only thing I would add is, literally ignore what other people think of your car, it's not them driving it, it's you! So if you have ideas that may be considered "outside the box" then go for it, if it makes you smile then it's mission accomplished.