ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mso supercharged Clio mk2

mso

172 cup supercharged
How much are you spending on this mate? Genuinely interested to know. I'm guessing a lot. Then again it will no doubt be a monster.

That I'm afraid is between me and ktec but when it's finished it will be worth every penny!!!

R26
Car is going to be awesome. What sort of power figures will it be?
Any reason why you are being secretive with the price?

big boost cup
Fair enough then might have to pop down there monday then. need to drive this 182 now just to see what the clutch is like ;).

mso

172 cup supercharged
Car is going to be awesome. What sort of power figures will it be?
Any reason why you are being secretive with the price?
Power wise will be around the 330s that's plenty trust me, not going to mention price because you then get the idiots going on about it's a waste off money etc!!!!! Hopefully without sounding big headed it's going to be one off the best sc Clio out there!!!!

Qashcow
Why have you gone for a gripper diff? Going to be forever building it with that kind of power. Quaffe will last a lot longer before needing work. And were not talking a huge amount of time before the gripper needs work on!

What cage are you going for?

mso

172 cup supercharged
Why have you gone for a gripper diff? Going to be forever building it with that kind of power. Quaffe will last a lot longer before needing work. And were not talking a huge amount of time before the gripper needs work on!

What cage are you going for?
They seem to think the gripper diff will be better? Going for there 6 point roll cage

Qashcow
The gripper is immense, it's the dogs b****cks but will wear out every time you use the car and WILL need rebuilding, it certainly isn't a maintenance free system, certainly not in a road car. It deteriorates as well, so will be amazing at first then become mediocre.

The quaffe is a fit and forget system, say '85% as good as gripper' but will always stay at that level, the gripper will start at 100% and end up losing efficiency over time

Qashcow
They'll class it as wear and tear. Bet they've done it due to time constraints. The quaffe needs the gearbox crown wheel sent to quaffe to get welded up and they wouldn't get it back to you in time. I'd be binning the gripper idea mate

mso

172 cup supercharged
They'll class it as wear and tear. Bet they've done it due to time constraints. The quaffe needs the gearbox crown wheel sent to quaffe to get welded up and they wouldn't get it back to you in time. I'd be binning the gripper idea mate

They are sending my gearbox crown to be welded on the gripper!!!

mso

172 cup supercharged
Just been reading up on the gripper diff they can take silly amounts of power so they should be trouble free on the clio

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Just been reading up on the gripper diff they can take silly amounts of power so they should be trouble free on the clio

You do realise how experienced bomber is don't you?

Golf GTD Mk7

It can, but due to the aggressive nature if them plus being clutched they wear out. I've heard that they are jerky too on road cars. We aren't knocking it mate, just a Saturday night discussion ;)

mso

172 cup supercharged
You do realise how experienced bomber is don't you?

No disrespect to anyone but I listen to the tuning companies no one else, when I first had my car sc I heard all sorts of horror stories from people on here and I didn't experience any of them!! my car never let me down not once so I think the likes of ktec etc know what they are doing

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
No problem mate.

We're just trying to help. Some of the guys on here have forgotten more about Clio's than ktec know.

No disrespect of course.

No disrespect to anyone but I listen to the tuning companies no one else, when I first had my car sc I heard all sorts of horror stories from people on here and I didn't experience any of them!! my car never let me down not once so I think the likes of ktec etc know what they are doing

Why not listen to people's advice? 'tuning companies' may not know everything, people on here can give you advice from own personal experiences which is probably the best knowledge to have

Qashcow
Cheers Gally :)

No disrespect to andy/Ktec, but I'd be dubious about a gripper in a road car, exspecially if you want another trouble free 10k miles.

Burpspeed could have used a gripper but didn't want the expense and hassle of rebuilding it every year, bare in mind that car runs circa 13 hours a year, with 200bhp not 330.

Just trying to save some hassle in long run

big boost cup
Cheers Gally :)

No disrespect to andy/Ktec, but I'd be dubious about a gripper in a road car, exspecially if you want another trouble free 10k miles.

Burpspeed could have used a gripper but didn't want the expense and hassle of rebuilding it every year, bare in mind that car runs circa 13 hours a year, with 200bhp not 330.

Just trying to save some hassle in long run

Cheers for the advice Bomber Quaife it is then

Dream build, damn. Hope you get the car back soon! Add a GO PRO camera to your shopping list so you can take some cool videos... How about that!? ;)

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
right so nothing special above the normal higher boost. never had a prob with the fly guestimate at powerstation, my cars been on 3 different ones now and has run within 4bhp on each one

Last edited:

mso

172 cup supercharged
right so nothing special above the normal higher boost. never had a prob with the fly guestimate at powerstation, my cars been on 3 different ones now and has run within 4bhp on each one

Ktec and TDF RR both gave the same results of 250hp power station gave 268hp!!!!

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
your car was wheel spinning at powerstation? even 18bhp is close enough considering there just estimates. thought this was going to be some high spec super build thats all not the normal off the shelf high boost sc setup.

mso

172 cup supercharged
your car was wheel spinning at powerstation? even 18bhp is close enough considering there just estimates. thought this was going to be some high spec super build thats all not the normal off the shelf high boost sc setup.

It will be high spec and reliable no waiting in lay-bys for a tow truck to get me home!!!!!

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
but then mines ran at 3 including powerstation and got very close reading so i could say powerstation cant be wrong? yours did wheel spin if you went back with dry typres itll probably read very close

mso

172 cup supercharged
but then mines ran at 3 including powerstation and got very close reading so i could say powerstation cant be wrong? yours did wheel spin if you went back with dry typres itll probably read very close

As I said at power station I don't care what the hp figure is, it's the way the car drives that counts