ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MSA Roll Gages

I am looking for an MSA roll cage and have so far found a few bolt in offerings at a similar price. They are all dash Dodgers and similar design so I was just wondering if anyone had any preference to fit, quality, customer service, paint quality etc etc.

So far I am swaying towards the Safety Devices single door bar full cage to get me started whilst the car will be both road and Track car. Even more so as they is a group buy ongoing.

Why do you want a dash dodger?
I'd get one that goes behind the dash myself. I actually wanted a dash dodger when I bought mine but OMP had changed the design without me realising so I got a behind the dash job, but with hindsight I much prefer what I got.
Mine is the OMP 6 point bolt in one FIA approved (>= MSA from a regs point of view). Not sure if they do it any more after a quick google.

img_2885.jpg

img_2884.jpg

I like the look of the "proper" ones more actually as they follow the lines of the shell better. Dash dodgers look easier but like they are not quite right. The only reason I was doing dash dodger route was because I don't know to install the other ones or how much more it will cost to buy the cage or have it installed.

Are they more to buy?

Same cost to buy and install I would say. The only difference is the labour to remove the dash - which would be quite a bit (few hours) I expect if you got someone else to do it.
To be MSA spec they all need the same plates welding to the shell.
They also run where the UCH is but you can just bolt it to the other side of the bracket so it is no big deal.
I think you only need FIA for international or FIA events. Mine just came FIA I didn't explicitly need it to be.

One issue with mine actually was the bolts for the backstays come out where the spring platform is. This was no problem for me as I have ASTs, but if you want to run springs in the std position you need to be careful during the install that the bolt heads don't foul the spring.
If I did it again I'd probably go for a full on weld in, but I'm happy with what I have.

Powder coated and ease of fitting are the pro's but the con is a cage that doesn't help hold the shape of the A pillar in a roll, brings the crumple zone closer to the drive and passenger and doesn't look as tidy in the car.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
TBH as long as you are in harnesses and buckets you will still have a cell around you as it is far enough away from you.
I looked at all sorts of cages when I was getting mine, the Oreca seemed the best fitting one that required "extra" work but went for the SD cage in the end and it was pretty easy to fit