ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mr Plums Progress.. Clio 182 Turbo!

RB Clio 182
Really impressive engine bay. It's immaculate!

Thanks Jesus, i need a new fuse box cover as i melted mine slightly on the top, i cant remember how now lol.

I have also removed the other half of the carpet at the back of the bay since this pic, i wasnt keen on the cut up carpet so i ragged it out, it looks much better now. I have also made a new bracket for the ecu cover to tidy that up a bit.

Last edited:
  RB Clio 182
I have just got back from powerflow and unfortunately they have had to keep my car in with them and it wont be done until Tuesday as they are busy.

There was a problem with some of the flanges and gaskets on my exhaust and they need to order parts in.

So im without a car again now until Tuesday, but at least it will be done properly.

The guy was great tbh, he didnt want to bodge it and send me on my way, he also gave me and my old system a lift home.

Top guys at Doncaster powerflow.

RB Clio 182
Small update, i picked my car up from powerflow on Wednesday, the exhaust now clears the subframe easily and fits perfectly, sounds much better too, at least i have some noise :D

I dropped the car off with Andy at clioturbo.co.uk yesterday for an oil/filter change, and any small niggles sorting out.

Hopefully ill have the car back at the end of the week all running sweet as a nut 100% perfect, ill also get some pics and vids up after a clean :)

RB Clio 182
Hi all, Andy has done the oil change and sorted the bits and bobs out i wanted sorting on the car, but he noticed that an oil pipe had been resting on the turbo/downpipe area since i had my exhaust done at powerflow.

I have been very lucky that i caught this in time, it could have been bad news..

20150114_145019_resized1_zps8982911b.jpg

So he is just waiting for the parts to sort this job out for me then i can collect the car, it should be at the weekend hopefully.

Thanks to Andyrg@ ClioTurbo for sorting me these issues out and making sure my car is 100% again :up:

RB Clio 182
Spec Update...

ENGINE..

Adaptronic standalone ECU
Cast manifold
Turbo heat shield
Custom powerflow 2.5" turbo back exhaust + decat
Clioturbo custom downpipe
Pipercross open cone foam filter
Larger injectors
Universal intercooler + boost pipes
Ash silicone hoses in blue
Garrett gt2560r turbocharger
MAC 3 port boost solenoid
Megane 225 head gasket
Megane 225 lower compression pistons
Stainless battery cover
chrome strut top covers (Dan@MAD)
New coolant tank
Inlet manifold painted in BMW sparkling graphite
Engine brackets powdercoated in silver
71k miles, cambelt kit, aux belt kit, new dephaser pulley, oil/filter, coolant, billet oil return kit, braided oil feed kit, fuel pressure and return kit, head bolts and big end bearings all just been done.

Built by Clioturbo.co.uk

Mapped by EFI Parts - 270BHP _ 248ftlb

TRANSMISSION..

Helix 4 plate paddle clutch
Fresh oil
Powerflex dogbone mount

HANDLING..

20mm front spacers (Dan@MAD)
5mm rear spacers (Dan@MAD)
Apex 40mm lowering springs
Standard cup shocks
16" OZ ultraleggeras finished in Ford graphite grey
196 45 r16 Uniroyal rainsport 3 tyres all round

Braking..

Mintex grooved and drilled discs all round
Mintex 1144 pads all round
ATE superblue racing fluid

INTERIOR..

Arctic blue dash strips, gear knob insert and steering wheel insert
LED interior light
Gloss black hard wearing custom thumb grips
Alloy footrest (Dan@MAD)
OEM mats front and back
High/low boost switch (270hp high boost, 230hp low boost)
Cup packed renaultsport half leather seats

Exterior..

Cup packed 182 (cup splitter/spoiler)
Renaultsport 197 boot badge
Fresh plates/ smaller front plate to fit recess
Silver oem calipers
New oem upper and lower RS grilles
Brighter bulbs all round

Im sure i have missed bits off but heres the basic spec, ill be concentrating on braking, handling and the interior next.

Tom.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Sounds like it's fighting you with the niggles but to be expected.

I was gonna take the Paxo to powerflow at donny but decided to go to Tony banks in Leeds instead.

Sick ride.

RB Clio 182
It
Sounds like it's fighting you with the niggles but to be expected.

I was gonna take the Paxo to powerflow at donny but decided to go to Tony banks in Leeds instead.

Sick ride.
Its had a few small niggles but I expected it tbh.

It will be 100% when I collect it tho, Andys sorted everything I asked him to look at.

RB Clio 182
I am picking the car up today between 3pm and 4pm.

If its nice tomorrow, ill give it a clean and get some pics up and a sound clip up if i can capture it decent enough through my camera.

I cant wait to go for a drive, ive really missed it!

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
I am picking the car up today between 3pm and 4pm.

If its nice tomorrow, ill give it a clean and get some pics up and a sound clip up if i can capture it decent enough through my camera.

I cant wait to go for a drive, ive really missed it!

What have you had done mate?

RB Clio 182
What have you had done mate?

Just an oil change and a few niggly bits sorting mate.

I havnt been able to run high boost for a while because a wire snapped out of my boost controller somehow(no ones fault), but Andy has replaced this and re located it foc for me, he has also put me all the new studs holding the downpipe on etc because they kept coming loose, he now uses better ones which dont rattle loose.

He has also adjusted my gear linkage bar for me as i was struggling to get it in 2nd gear sometimes. He has changed the oil return pipe for me too because when powerflow adjusted my downpipe, it was resting on the return pipe, Andy noticed this, so he has changed that for me, it had nearly melted all the way through but luckily Andy noticed it and has sorted it.

As i say nothing major really mate, just niggly problems like a couple of boost hoses which he didnt have in stock last time which were the wrong colour, all sorted.

My exhaust now doesnt knock either and has a bit more noise to it, so hopefully my car will be running 100% when i collect it :smile: I have missed high boost mate, cant wait to collect it now its all run in etc and running perfect.

I expected a few problems, and Andy has sorted everything i asked of him, i expected more problems than ive had tbh, at the end of the day its had a lot of work done to it and they are to be expected :smile:

I 100% dont regret having it done, its transformed the car in to a weapon, i would recommend having it done if anyone is thinking about doing it.

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Just an oil change and a few niggly bits sorting mate.

I havnt been able to run high boost for a while because a wire snapped out of my boost controller somehow(no ones fault), but Andy has replaced this and re located it foc for me, he has also put me all the new studs holding the downpipe on etc because they kept coming loose, he now uses better ones which dont rattle loose.

He has also adjusted my gear linkage bar for me as i was struggling to get it in 2nd gear sometimes. He has changed the oil return pipe for me too because when powerflow adjusted my downpipe, it was resting on the return pipe, Andy noticed this, so he has changed that for me, it had nearly melted all the way through but luckily Andy noticed it and has sorted it.

As i say nothing major really mate, just niggly problems like a couple of boost hoses which he didnt have in stock last time which were the wrong colour, all sorted.

My exhaust now doesnt knock either and has a bit more noise to it, so hopefully my car will be running 100% when i collect it :smile: I have missed high boost mate, cant wait to collect it now its all run in etc and running perfect.

I expected a few problems, and Andy has sorted everything i asked of him, i expected more problems than ive had tbh, at the end of the day its had a lot of work done to it and they are to be expected :smile:

I 100% dont regret having it done, its transformed the car in to a weapon, i would recommend having it done if anyone is thinking about doing it.

Awesome, just this last week replaced my studs, nuts and put some Heico locking washers on mine too... Sounds like it's going to be transformed when you get it back, little niggles are a ball ache with cars like these.. It's what sets them apart from a lot of the lash-ups out there when the small things are considered!

Have fun! [emoji106][emoji106][emoji2][emoji594][emoji375][emoji374]

RB Clio 182
Awesome, just this last week replaced my studs, nuts and put some Heico locking washers on mine too... Sounds like it's going to be transformed when you get it back, little niggles are a ball ache with cars like these.. It's what sets them apart from a lot of the lash-ups out there when the small things are considered!

Have fun! [emoji106][emoji106][emoji2][emoji594][emoji375][emoji374]

Thanks mate will do, you too.

Its deffo been worth it :hearteyes:

RB Clio 182
Im thinking of getting these powdercoated a lighter shade soon, something like a shadow chrome with a bit more shine to them..

9486b678-6534-4af3-b087-b519df548d71_zps843497f3.jpg

RB Clio 182
Both lol any will do, hopefully getting mine back from Andy beginning of next month so need a ' fix ' till then

Ill get some when i get time mate, i work nights so im fucked all the time lol, ill call at the closed off road near me when i get one :wink:

Glad you got home ok Tom.

Enjoy :smile:

Thanks Andy, and thanks for sorting everything i asked of you, the car is running sweet as a nut :smile:

Looks mint. I wouldn't change a thing.

Thanks Jim, its hard to stop, but theres going to be a point when i feel totally happy hopefully :smile:

Mate that looks incredible :smiley: Bet you're happy with it. Wouldn't change a thing either.

Cheers Dan :up:

Yes im over the moon with it atm, i still need my snappy steering wheel and gear gaiter tho, and some recaros, and a diff, and a gauge or two, and my wheels refurbished :cry:

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Full boost or low boost mate? It's f**king rapid tbf!!

RB Clio 182
Full boost or low boost mate? It's f**king rapid tbf!!

That was full boost mate (andys kit two) 270hp, 1st to 2nd gear change was s**t as the road was a bit greasy, it makes it harder while holding your phone too lol.

Ill get another when we have some nice weather, ill be able to get a better start then.

I dont usually thrash it from 1st, i only did it for the vid tbh.