ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mounting amps and various other components?

I haven't had chance to look at the rear seats properly but they look like they have a sheet of wood underneath the carpet backing, could i just use some self tappers to mount my stuff. I need to mount 1 amp (another in the future), a distribution block and 4 crossovers. And wiring pins and maybe some neon :p

how about velcro, ive used sum heavy duty stuff in the past to hold sub boxes in place. Dunno bout amps but it should work for the crossovers etc.

Black Renault Clio
My amp is quite heavy for a 4 channel. The seat is made out of cloth at the back. Maybe slice it and reinforce in with mdf ??

The easiest way, the seat fabric zips off, so you can get behind it.
Then using a piece of MDF cut to size, make holes in each corner, and use really strong cable ties to attach it to the metal, zip fabric back up, then self tapping screws to secure amp onto mdf.
I did it slightly differently to this, but you get the idea:

DSC_00046.jpg

Clio 182
... a guide would be usefull (holding off to the end of the month until I do this though) - I'm presuming the size of the MDF solely depends on the size of the amp and how high up the seat you want it to sit? Is there any specific thickness which you would reccommend for this?
Cheers

Sorry lads, taken a couple of pictures of what I used, only thing is I've already done it so gonna have to draw out how I did it.
But basically yea the size of the MDF you just need to cut to just bigger than your amp.
And quite a thin bit. Smaller than a cm. I just used a bit I had laying around.

Clio MK2 1.4 16v
Right, i should have done the guide a month ago when i fitted mine.

I removed the rear seats, unziped the back of the seat. You will see the metal grid.

With a knife, i removed some of the foam material where needed. About 1cm in depth. (the foam is not completely flat, it has some curves etc. I cutted down the excesive foam)

Stack 2 lenghts of MDF in between the foam and the steel grid where the amp screws would go.

Obviously this way the amp and MDF will hug the steel grid and will sit nice and flat with the upholstery.

Too bad i didn't get pictures at the same time as i added a cigarette lighter in the boot and a second boot light.

Renault Clio MK2 Ph1
Right, i should have done the guide a month ago when i fitted mine.

I removed the rear seats, unziped the back of the seat. You will see the metal grid.

With a knife, i removed some of the foam material where needed. About 1cm in depth. (the foam is not completely flat, it has some curves etc. I cutted down the excesive foam)

Stack 2 lenghts of MDF in between the foam and the steel grid where the amp screws would go.

Obviously this way the amp and MDF will hug the steel grid and will sit nice and flat with the upholstery.

Too bad i didn't get pictures at the same time as i added a cigarette lighter in the boot and a second boot light.

Hi all,
i did the same thing as told above and its working great for me

heres my audio config

Head Unit : pioneer DEH 3500 UBG
Front Speakers : Original one with tweeter and cross over
Rear Speaker : sony XS-GTF1625B
Sub :pIONEER TSW305F
Ampli : Sony XPLOD XM-ZR604 600 Watts
Rear Speakers : JBL GTO 938

here are some pics

box04.jpg

box01-.jpg

box06.jpg

box06-1.jpg

gto938-avant-2.jpg

gto938-avant-1.jpg

gto938-4.jpg

gto938-5.jpg

cheers
nethy

Black Renault Clio
Ive done mine now, unzipped the bigger half of the rear seats measured up some mdf and cable tied it to the metal inside. That was for my 4 channel & cap, my bass box is active so didnt have to fit two amps :D. One double 12 box in the boot (just).