ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Under Passenger Seat Earth point??

Twingo Dynamique
OK, So, I've bought an amp, and some new components to put into the car. got a sub with it's own amp in the boot already. I have everything I need, so dont go slagging off the equipment, i'm on a budget and tbh, if they are the same quality, but a little better than the sptandard speakers, i'm more than happy... so:

I have:

Pioneer 6400BT HU
FLI Underground 4Channel Amp
FLI Underground Components (5.25")
Fusion twin 12s with their own built in amp in the boot.

Plan: Mount AMP under passenger seat, move old front speakers to rear, new ones in replacement. RCAs from HU to the AMP, and for the power, cut the amp's power cable, run into distribution block, to split to the Amp power, and continue sub power.

Then run new speaker wire from amp to the "4 corners" mounting the component crossovers behind the bits of trim next to bottom of door.

How does this sound? and are there any issues with this? would it be better to put amp in boot.?

My main question is if there is a suitable location for the EARTH underneath the passenger seat!?!?

Thanks guys... :)

Twingo Dynamique
ooh yes! forgot about that.... i'm thinking I may go to the boot though, as then I dont have to cut my existing power cable at all, and not risk it then being too short..(!) If i need to get more speaker wire then i can i guess... :L

Twingo Dynamique
If i mount my amp like this: (sorry, My laptop doesnt have paint... how!?!?)

Sub box
_______
|..........\
|...........\\
|............\\
|________\

With the red being the amp....

Will it get enough ventilation to not over heat???

Cheers

Last edited: