ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mossy's Cars

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Storm 200

HEADLINING

The headlining on the 200 always irritated me as it had a burn mark on it for some reason so me being be it had to be swapped out.
As luck would have it @cpaterson76 (thanks again) had one that he no longer required and was coming over to Sheffield to pick up his new project :) therefore:

OLD (with burn mark)
image.jpeg
And removed:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

NEW
image.jpeg

But as you can see the new headlining had an aperture for a rear cabin roof light which I didn't spot at the time but a perfect chance to upgrade the interior lighting :)
So a trip to the local scrapyard and bought another courtesy light with original loom and plug and connector:
image.jpeg

'A' trim removed and new loom and plug soldered in and heat shrinked properly:
image.jpeg

Quick test:
image.jpeg

And fully installed and working:
image.jpeg

Jobs a good'un and nice an oem. Total cost of £10 and half a day :)

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Not seen that headliner with the rear light myself either.

If you have it, its worth putting a large towel under the seat cover so it covers the seat base bolsters. The inside seams of the cover worried me a little as they sit on the bolsters and thought there might be a chance they could contribute to the wear. Or just a micro fiber towel on each bolster under the cover.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Not seen that headliner with the rear light myself either.

If you have it, its worth putting a large towel under the seat cover so it covers the seat base bolsters. The inside seams of the cover worried me a little as they sit on the bolsters and thought there might be a chance they could contribute to the wear. Or just a micro fiber towel on each bolster under the cover.

I'm sure my old AG 200 had the 2nd light in it but I could be wrong.

Yes good idea - I think I will do that anything to help stop the wear on these fragile seats.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Storm 200

HEADLINING

The headlining on the 200 always irritated me as it had a burn mark on it for some reason so me being be it had to be swapped out.
As luck would have it @cpaterson76 (thanks again) had one that he no longer required and was coming over to Sheffield to pick up his new project :smile: therefore:

OLD (with burn mark)
View attachment 1339882 And removed: View attachment 1339884 View attachment 1339885
NEW
View attachment 1339890

But as you can see the new headlining had an aperture for a rear cabin roof light which I didn't spot at the time but a perfect chance to upgrade the interior lighting :smile:
So a trip to the local scrapyard and bought another courtesy light with original loom and plug and connector:
View attachment 1339891
'A' trim removed and new loom and plug soldered in and heat shrinked properly:
View attachment 1339892
Quick test:
View attachment 1339893
And fully installed and working:
View attachment 1339894
Jobs a good'un and nice an oem. Total cost of £10 and half a day :smile:
Ha, didn’t realise mate or I would have brought the light and loom too.....

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
RB 182

Replacement drivers seat upper skin

Drivers upper seat always bugged me due to slight wear and dodgy stitching on the emblem. Remembered I had a spare replacement upper skin so -
OLD:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

REPLACEMENT COVER:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

OLD REMOVED:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

OLD METAL CLIPS AND NEW CABLE TIE CLIPS:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

FITTED:
image.jpeg

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
RB 182

Full carpet replacement.

Old carpet had a bad wear underneath the drivers may and a wear mark behind the drivers seat where a previous owner had removed the seat spacers and cut the carpet when sliding the seat back and forth.

OLD ONE:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

REMOVED:
image.jpeg

NEW CARPET (courtesy of @H2MRK - thanks mate)
image.jpeg

GOOD CLEAN:
image.jpeg

NEW FOAM UNDERLAY (lol)
image.jpeg

FITTED:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not sure if you've got insane attention to detail or a really bad ocd problem? Whichever it is your cars are all amazing Paul:up: . Finished the 5 yet?

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
I'm not sure if you've got insane attention to detail or a really bad ocd problem? Whichever it is your cars are all amazing Paul:up: . Finished the 5 yet?

I think it's OCD to be honest with you pal. I hate to see things that just aren't right. Also I like the challenge and it's so satisfying doing it your self, learning along the way and the end result looking better.

Funny you should say that about the 5. I have been trying to get my garage cleared out because I want to empty the garage to get project 5 underway again :)

Huuge improvement there with the RB interior matey, to be fair that stitching on the logo would do my head in as well so I see the need to do it:tearsofjoy:

Very good doing it all yourself too, imagine how much somewhere would charge to swap all that!!

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Huuge improvement there with the RB interior matey, to be fair that stitching on the logo would do my head in as well so I see the need to do it:tearsofjoy:

Very good doing it all yourself too, imagine how much somewhere would charge to swap all that!!

It's bad to say but I probably wouldn't trust other people to actually deliver the results I want/like 😧

OCD again ;)

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Trophy 182 - rear bench and door card replacement.
I put a 172 rear seat and alcantara door cards in the Trophy last year:
image.jpeg

But wanted to go back to oem, so removed them:
image.jpeg

But I had to bin my originals as they got marked when I angle ground the old bolts out. So courtesy of @webby (thanks mate) I got this rear bench locally :smile:
image.jpeg

I still had my original door cards but needed a very good clean, lol:
image.jpeg

All fitted (water marks are due to blooming crap rain today):
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Back to OEM :smile:

Looks great :up: the set up you've taken out should have been what it came out of the factory with, being a bit more plush you could say, but totally get the need for oem, looks minty mint!

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Looks great :up: the set up you've taken out should have been what it came out of the factory with, being a bit more plush you could say, but totally get the need for oem, looks minty mint!

Totally agree Steve, main reason I put them originally is the split rear seat, so much easier to get more stuff - drop the seat and still have the child seat the other side.
Can't say the weight saving would be much either.
Also thought I would do it know whilst I could still get hold of another rear bench.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
A couple of gearbox oil changes.
RB 182:
image.jpeg

Storm 200:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Next job is to tackle the rear brakes on the Storm. Tried last week but failed due to the stud conversion fitted.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    447.7 KB · Views: 82