ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

more recent pics of the clio :P

1998 clio mk2
311440_476590542386072_1413471226_n.jpg
46202_477808325597627_1708237831_n.jpg
305650_476590339052759_62533834_n.jpg

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Hello, have a browse through some other threads and get some ideas. I would start again, sell the wheels and lights. Get some o.z F1 wheels from the Clio 172 ph1, 40mm lowering springs, ph2 rear lamps and a dynamique spolier. Thats what i would do, oohhh yea and maybe some dual optic headlights from the RSI/172.

You could do all them mods for £500 and you will have a tidy looking clio. Finish it off with some clean plates, yours are fuked:rasp:

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
It needs:
Colour coding
Lowering
Ph2 lights
New number plates
Destickering
Dent repaired on rear 1/4
Different wheels
Dual optic headlights

Then your well on the way.

What he said !
Do them and it would look great! At the moment it looks like a Halford's Special

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I've got a standard 182 spoiler sitting here. It's yours for the price of postage if you want it.

It's arctic blue but probably wouldn't cost too much to get it sprayed.

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
Jump on the bandwagon ;) Its unique, I'll give you that.

Dont listen to the above, keep it how you want it... It's your car after all.

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
This forum is going down the s**tter

Because of the first post or the responses?

I don't get the logic of posting 4 photos with no explanation. This is the kind of car I avoid because it might try to race me, or it might just crash. Return it to standard.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Because of the first post or the responses?

I don't get the logic of posting 4 photos with no explanation. This is the kind of car I avoid because it might try to race me, or it might just crash. Return it to standard.

Lol, bit pointless trying to tell the Op to do other stuff because he clearly has no taste and hes not going to listen.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
TBH I doubt the OP will be back. Reckon he will be pretty crushed when he reads the responses to this thread. I'm thinking he's probably about 18? If so that Clio is a damn sight better than the piece of s**t mini I was driving when I was 18.

Shouldn't we try and be a little bit nicer to new members to make sure they keep coming back?

I'm not having a pop, its more of an observation.

I think some people are missing the fact for an 'R' reg it looks very tidy apart from that dent on the nearside rear 1/4 but that sort of thing does come with age.

Sure the mods are not to everyone's taste but each to their own.

1.2 cilo
op, its your car you do what you want, is not important what other people think, its your car if it looks right to you then it is. I think you have your self a nice looking little motor and i for one would just enjoy it for what it is.
My car has a 1.2 engine, drum brakes on the back, steel wheels with plastic wheel trims, most people would call it a shed but to me its my shed:D my pride and joy that i love to drive what ever people think:D so to everyone else i would say jog on!:rasp:

happy motoring!:cheers:

RB 182
Welcome to ClioSport mate!

ignore everyone being heartless - each to their own - we've all got different tastes in cars!

looks great for a 15 year old car! :cheers:

An orange one
TBH I doubt the OP will be back. Reckon he will be pretty crushed when he reads the responses to this thread. I'm thinking he's probably about 18? If so that Clio is a damn sight better than the piece of s**t mini I was driving when I was 18.

Shouldn't we try and be a little bit nicer to new members to make sure they keep coming back?

Here here, he's probably sitting talking to his mates now saying he signed up on that cliosport forum and they seem
like a bunch of pretentious t***s!

If you do return mate, welcome aboard and enjoy your Clio,

RB 182 195bhp

It may be nicer than the mini you had when you were 18, but it would be even nicer had it not been messed about with. The lights and wheels look horrible yet probably cost about £300, what a waste I would take the standard car every day of the week. And for the record I'm only 19 and I have never driven a chavtasic special, I had a diesel 306, which was left standard as I couldnt afford any decent mods, 306 gti, same again, and now have a 172 cup, and the only modifications are a STEALTH k-tec exhaust and the STANDARD wheels referbed. Tasteless modifications are a waste of time. Do it properly or leave it alone. You wouldn't build a half ar*sed extension on your house with no foundations because you couldnt aford them, you would leave it alone.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
The point I was trying to make is that everyone has different tastes. I don't think trying to make the OP out to be a c**t because of his taste in cars is very nice. Just my opinion.

I reckon a few cheap mods could make it look a bit better,

if your going for a full red theme

ph1 rear lights again -- £free if you've got them
colour code all badges
posible colour code bumpers
colour code wing mirrors
colour code side strips. --- £30? After paint, primer, sand paper and lacquer
de-wiper rear --- £free just carbon wrap the surround -- £1 a4 sheet of vinyl
ph-2 spoiler --- £20 max

i bet you could that dent looking better with a SAT NAV holder, put the sucker on the car and pull. Can't make it look any worse.

RB 182
It may be nicer than the mini you had when you were 18, but it would be even nicer had it not been messed about with. The lights and wheels look horrible yet probably cost about £300, what a waste I would take the standard car every day of the week. And for the record I'm only 19 and I have never driven a chavtasic special, I had a diesel 306, which was left standard as I couldnt afford any decent mods, 306 gti, same again, and now have a 172 cup, and the only modifications are a STEALTH k-tec exhaust and the STANDARD wheels referbed. Tasteless modifications are a waste of time. Do it properly or leave it alone. You wouldn't build a half ar*sed extension on your house with no foundations because you couldnt aford them, you would leave it alone.

'Tasteless modifications' are only tasteless in YOUR opinion.

if you're not open minded enough to accept other peoples views, you don't deserve to comment to be honest.

in my opinion of course.

1998 clio mk2
haha i dont really give a toss what some people have said haha, the car has now got 172 rear spoiler 172 alloys sport bumpers de-stickered and have got a stainless exhaust on the way also toying with the idea of a bonnet bra? have also ordered lowering springs to.

Post up some recent pictures. Sounds like a massive improvement mate :) I wouldn't bother with the bonnet bra unless it's to protect your paintwork. If it's just for looks then no. Just my opinion but yeah.

Also, does this mean the new bumpers are red, or have you got black ones like before. And have you cc'd the door strips?

1998 clio mk2
bumpers are same colour as the car, havnt decided what to do with the door strips yet :/ was thinking of a bonnet bra as the bottom of the bonnet has a lot of chips, was thinking of a bra to cover them but just going to respray the bonnet, looking for sport half leather interior now, will post pics soon mate

2x Clio mk3 1.5dci
New mods sound a great improvement i personally dont like bonnet bras on any car unless its a really special show car and its just to protect the paint i wouldnt bother. Its a really smart example of a clio though very tidy :) Dont worry i took this battering with my first mk3 56 clio so your not alone, they get nicer as your car gets better in terms of modification rather than its age.