ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk3 Clio Rust Issues

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
I tried to book mine in today. They didnt have a slot with a courtesy car untill April. Called Renault UK, was asked if it was a complaint or general enquiry, said it was a bit of both, she said in that case someone would have to call me back, took my mobile number and I am still waiting for a call!

Jesus mate. Sounds very much like

Renault UK + Customer Service = Epic Fail :mad:

Clio 197 cup
After reading this thread I went and checked my motor, It's not even a year old and I saw what looked like rust spots in places where water and salts mights collect.

I've just been to the dealer on Ecclesall Road in Sheffield and a nice guy looked over the car and said it was 'fallout', I asked him to explain what this was and he said it's contaminents in the sky e.g, acid rain, industrial chimneys etc. that simply collect on the surface of the car.

He says it happens to most cars but you see it more on white or silver cars, he explained that a good wash, a clay and wax will sort the problem.

I took his word for it and I'm going to do what he says and then if it's still there I'm going to take it back again.

Any thoughts on this?

tbh a lot of these type issues probably are fall out. how ever mine is definately not just fall out as there are definate small pieces of rusted metal that have come out the boot drain holes and embedded themselves on the bumper

s1 williams/106gti
well i got a 2007 197 in ultra red and it got bubbles starting to push through and the roofs now starting. i got to say like the paint on them is crap. ive been back and they say they carnt do out as you only get a 6 month warrenty on paint/pannels???
WHAT TF !!!!!!:eek:

My mk1 is virtually rust free! :)

Only 18 years old! ;)

hmmmmm my mk1 is just starting with it now...mind you. it is 15 years old.
whoop whoop mk1 ftw !!!! lol mines only got a teeny spot on the boot and surface under the bonnet !! L-plate:rasp:

My MK3 has started showing it on the boot will give rest the car a good look over and its only a year old. But i have only owned it less than a month mabye just over not impressed with the condition that the car is in tbh with chips and scratchs to the front complete let down tbh.

None :(
My MK3 has started showing it on the boot will give rest the car a good look over and its only a year old. But i have only owned it less than a month mabye just over not impressed with the condition that the car is in tbh with chips and scratchs to the front complete let down tbh.

sorry if i've miss read this, but did u not look over the car before you bought it for scratches and chips?

But that was an interesting read that thread, i wonder what happened in the end...........Is there a recall on a production line of mk3's ?

Yes i did but i didn't open the boot cause mum and dads car was the same so i already looked in there one and turns out there is 2 dents like a suitcase had been taken out off it and stealers are going to polish out all the marks that are there cause they have had been touched up but not very well i must admit. Along with the drivers door when you go in to the car its as if it was a ladies heal that kept catch the bottom bit so a bit of marking there. Taken it down tomorrow anyway as they said they will sort it all me hopes and will show them the rusting aswel.

But i guess i love the car my pride and joy till yest a old many manged to not move over on the single track road at my girlfriends house and cliped my wingmirror :/ glad i didn't have them painted yet lol.