ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK3 clio drains and wiper arms

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Hi,

Tried taking off the scuttle panel below the windscreen and it's full to the brim with water, am hoping to clear the drains and watch it flood away down the drive!

My only two problems are, how do you remove the wiper arms? No sign of any nuts or bolts or anything and it's left me stuck!

Also, where abouts are the drains? Don't want to break anything but there was a finger sized hole around a foot from the side of the car that felt rubbery, is this it? Didn't wanna push it too hard incase it was a cable grommet or something

Thanks

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
There is plastic caps in the end of the arms.
16mm nuts under neath. give the arms a push up and down and there off.
Take plastic off. the n/s one is quite big you can miss it.
the o/s one is very small and right under where the drivers wipes bit is. take the drain out and cut the flap off so
it doesn't do it again.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Standard Renault drain mod on all models. Makes you wonder why they still put the buggers in at factory.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
The flap? Thanks for all that you guys are amazing! :) Not too sure about the flap but sure ill see it when I'm in front of the car. Is the flap mod enough to fix it for good?

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
It goes like two legs cut them both off so its a big hole.
Leafs and stuff get caught and block it up.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
It goes like two legs cut them both off so its a big hole.
Leafs and stuff get caught and block it up.

Ah is that at the bottom of the hose from the drain? Not too sure how it works! Will hopefully work it out later when I have a look. Thanks!

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Bottom of the o/s drain. There is a flap on the n/s just remove it

Okay so im clearly not great at working things out with this! First problem how do you get the wipers off? Took off the nut and they won't budge, won't turn or pull off at all? Second problem I found the passenger side drain and put my finger in it to take out some thick muddy gunk and this started draining very slowly a little bit, but I don't really get where the splitting in two bit is and the flap? Is this under the car?

Thanks and sorry I'm such a pita!

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Oh god. pull the drain out Carefully or take wheel arch liner.

Put some spray on arms and where the hinge bit it push down like your doing cpr.
You might need to be a bit rough if they won't come off you might need a puller.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
just remove the wipers, and cut up a wire coathanger, and thrash it down the drains

done.