ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk2 phase 2 de chav project

52 1.2 clio
i had a project thread but never got any response/ideas or critism so im making a new 1just for the clio this time.
this is my girlfriends car but she hasnt got a lisence yet so im driving it for the time being
when she bought it it had:
laguna front splitter
lowered around 60mm
spoiler extension
universal induction kit
since iv been going out with her iv done the following
xenon bulbs (pretty pathetic,might get 8k h.i.d kit after crimbo)
service kit (air filter,fuel filter,oil filter,spark plugs)
x2 rear wheel bearings(still need to get fitted)
removed the chav spoiler, replaced with a clio sport 172 one
clio sport 172 alloys(need to get sprayed and fitted)
seat covers(awaiting delivery)
im looking into replacing the backbox,spraying the alloys rover hurricane grey,roof,spoiler,bumper and rub strips allpainted rover hurricane grey.
not sure what else just anything that pops up really. sorry if the pics are not in order im just copying them over.
comments/ideas and critism welcome :)
THE START:
bhay3r.gif

2lo39za.jpg

SERVICE KIT AND WHEEL BEARINGS:
xp4fav.jpg

NEW OIL FILTER BEING FITTED:
30b1dsi.jpg

old and new:
2l8g3zc.jpg

spark plugs being fitted:
5dkpvk.jpg

old and new:
2nrnbyr.jpg

NEW 172 SPOILER:
fb9500.jpg

not sure if i paid too muh for this £50 posted but it looks so much better
spoiler arrived :D

211m436.jpg

before:
2r2b0p4.gif

during:
2h2pmro.jpg

after:
2dgnryo.jpg

5kk8jo.gif

old spoiler:
30htp2g.jpg

pic of alloys(ebay pic)
3338zgx.gif

pic of seat covers:
9rot1d.jpg

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
That spoiler, is it not an OEM Renault one? I'm sure they did one like that. Also, is that amber reflectors on the fog light blanks?

Good work so far though.

52 1.2 clio
which spoiler? the old or new? if it was the old it is a oem but with a extension on
yeah it is mate i keep meaning to remove them

cheers fella:)

just bought some locking nuts off ebay for £6.50 posted for when the 172 alloys get fitted
also just won my self a lovely little 3'' inward rolled twin exit backbox for £22 :D
65shn4.gif

TBH id get rid of the induction kit... Waste of time on a 1.2 imo, its gonna be slow as no matter what you do, but in this instance its just going to drink petrol.

Car looks good though :) , will look better/pretty much spot on once the new wheels have been resprayed and fitted.

52 1.2 clio
induction kit is coming off.im going for a standard airbox drilled.
can't wait to fit the alloys. might lower it a tad more aswell

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
That spoiler, is it not an OEM Renault one? I'm sure they did one like that. Also, is that amber reflectors on the fog light blanks?

Good work so far though.

The standard renault one was a lot more flat, and have the brake light on the other part, thats a standard one that someone has stuck on

also just won my self a lovely little 3'' inward rolled twin exit backbox for £22 :D
65shn4.gif

i thought it was a DEchaving project?

and please get rid of those reflectors on the foglight blanks and fit some fogs!!

and personally, i like the wheels lol

Last edited:

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
On a D-Type engine, which it is, the best option is to either, not put the airfilter there, and use a standard one, none drilled. It made my 1.2 go alot better. Or relocate it to a nice intake from the front of the car to the butterfly.

The butterfly WILL need cleaned, take the bendy hose off, its only held in via the c clamp so whip that off and clean it. Makes all the difference in these engines.

Keep the oil nice and clean though, this engine loves oil.

52 1.2 clio
been ordering small bits and bobs nothing at all exciting
my locking nuts arrived:
xc66ua.jpg

ordered some anti-theft renault dust caps
9k3s5t.jpg

next purchase a 3/4 front plate and iv asked my girlfriend for some wind deflectors for crimbo :p fingers crossed i've trianed her well and she gets them ha!

52 1.2 clio
quick side view to show the alloys and no stickers:
kej3p0.jpg

going to give the car a clean on saturday and get some better pictures. i still havnt fitted the centre caps

52 1.2 clio
That doesnt matter mate I've had a couple of sets, they still get them off. They even managed to damge one of my valves they were that desperate.

ah wey, i had a set of opel ones on my corsa and thay were fine. my dad has some poundland ones on his and they havnt been nicked yet lol. i thought youths nowadays were getting stoned and getting pregnant. i thought that was 5 year ago the whole metal dustcap collection haha. the memories ...

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
twin exit back box??
very chavtastic imo, but as long as you like it, thats all that matters,

how much did you pay for the locking wheel nuts btw??
ive got an identical set in the garage i might sling up for sale lol!

52 1.2 clio
twin exit back box??
very chavtastic imo, but as long as you like it, thats all that matters,

how much did you pay for the locking wheel nuts btw??
ive got an identical set in the garage i might sling up for sale lol!

how is it 'chavtastic' ? and yes i do like it.

i paid £6.50 posted. theyre new never used. company on ebay make them.

52 1.2 clio
got some very poor pictures. argos special digi cam and it was pouring down
awaiting a few small things arriving for it aswell:
339rgi0.gif

dhdd01.gif

ic4d90.gif

15y7kg3.jpg

wvo9ld.jpg

rifbj5.jpg

2qbf049.gif

2ut6qgk.gif

15ebcd1.jpg

Megane 225 F1
The wheels it started with aren't that bad. Having said that, your car looks 100x better now then when you started. Good job.

52 1.2 clio
the wheels that were on were a tad ''scene'' all my cars i've always had oem wheels i just don't like aftermarket's. i think the car would benefit frim having the rear lowered a tad more. looks a bit nose end heavy atm. looking into some 80mm rear springs

the exhaust did arrive but it looks a bit too big :/ might just get it on and see what i think. im seriously thinking of stripping it and putting a 2.0 in an maybe attend a few trackdays. always wanted to do a trackday so may take that up next year.

thanks for all the positive comments

clioMk1 RSi & Scenic
I thought you said it was your gf's car though and if you strip it n put a 2.0l in then shes got no chance of ever getting insurance when she finally passes...

52 1.2 clio
it is her car. i don't think anyone would risk using theyre daily hacker as a track car incase they crash and left with nothing. i'd obvisiouly buy us another daily hacker and this would just become a weekend/event car. i've never built a track car so im just toyying with the idea. also looking at quick silvers and vtr's to drop a 16v in or may turn back to a corsa b with a 1.6 16v in tuned

52 1.2 clio
I thought you said it was your gf's car though and if you strip it n put a 2.0l in then shes got no chance of ever getting insurance when she finally passes...

also you have no idea how much income we are on. she wouldn't even drive the car with a 2.0 in, shes s**t scared of her mothers mini copper 1.6 td

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Azev A's ftw! Should've kept those wheels. Spoiler was dire though, looks better now mate good work :)

Looks much better! Are your rear drums red? If so, pleasssssssse paint them black or silver!

Give us a bell if you end up selling your 15's when you put the 172 wheels on :)

52 1.2 clio
Looks much better! Are your rear drums red? If so, pleasssssssse paint them black or silver!

Give us a bell if you end up selling your 15's when you put the 172 wheels on :)

yeah they are last owner painted them. i've got black hammerite here just trying to find a suitable time to paint them. and what 15's? the 172 alloys are on now :/

52 1.2 clio
small update:
3/4 front plate and new rear plates have arrived. sadly the weather is too bad to put them on will try tomorrow. will try and get a pic asap.
next purchase's will be a l.e.d numberplate bulb and hid kit. does anyone know what kit i need? h1,h7 etc?

52 1.2 clio
no im concentrating on christmas at the moment. the cars had a fair bit this month so the fogs can wait. mot and tax are due just after crimbo so not in a rush to do them either

clioMk1 RSi & Scenic
also you have no idea how much income we are on. she wouldn't even drive the car with a 2.0 in, shes s**t scared of her mothers mini copper 1.6 td

Don't take offence mate :/ i'm not tryin to say ur poor or cant afford insurance or somthin, just pointin out the fact that your unlikely to get insurance for a new driver on a 2.0l clio thats all
youv got no idea what kinda income i'm on either but put it this way - i'm 19, just moved outta ma mum n dads and in with ma gf and young son to my own 3 bedroom house, i also own 3 cars, a scenic 1.4 fidji, a clio mk1 rsi and a classic mini cooper so i'm not exactly skint at this particular point in life but the fact remains that...i wouldn't insure a new driver on a 2.0l of any discription, to much rapeage by insurance companys for a start and its, IMO, better for them to develop their driving abilities in a small engine first